+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Obasanjo receives certificate at NOUN, shuns press

Obasanjo receives certificate at NOUN, shuns press

The National Open University of Nigeria on Wednesday celebrated its maiden convocation with former President Olusegun Obasanjo refusing to speak to the press after collecting a certificate from the institution

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo (arrowed) and other graduating students of the National Open University of Nigeria during the institution’s maiden convocation in Lagos... on Wednesday.

The former president, popularly called ‘Student Obasanjo’ by staff and students of the open university received his certificate from the institution‘s Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Olagbemiro Jegede, amidst ovation from one of his predecessor Alhaji Shehu Shagari.

Present were the Vice-President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, the Senate President, Mr. David Mark and the Director-General, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation, Mr. Koichiro Matsuura.

However, journalists, who had hoped that Obasanjo would grant them an interview on his stay in the university after the convocation, were disappointed as he refused all entreaties to answer even their congratulatory messages.

As soon as he walked out of the venue, journalists moved to his side, to comment, but rather than answer them, he walked up to Koichiro whom he had a little discussion with.

Though his security aides were civil, pleading with the press that they should give him some chance to discuss with the UNESCO boss, the former president who looked tired, jumped into his waiting sports utility vehicle.

Before he entered the black vehicle, he struggled to remove the academic gown, but when he could not, he called one of his aides to help him.

He hopped into the car after exchanging pleasantries with some of the dignitaries including the Sokoto State Governor, Alhaji Aliyu Wammako and Chief Obafemi Olopade and left the venue.

Her daughter, Senator Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello and his former Special Assistant on Media, Dr. Doyin Okupe, were some of the people that accompanied the former president to the convocation.

Earlier, while presenting his convocation speech, the vice-chancellor, had described Obasanjo as a hardworking student.

”As a student, Obasanjo vigorously pursued his studies on full time basis…He is a shinning example of how seriously a student should take his learning. Like everybody, he sat for all the examinations using anonymous matriculation numbers, and by our internal quality control and security-proof control measures, his papers were marked by different tutors located in some of our study centres including Damaturu, Minna and Yenagoa,” he said.

Jegede explained that nobody had a foreknowledge of the former president‘s marks until all students’ marks were assembled and presented to the university senate for approval.

In his remarks, President Umaru Yar‘Adua, who was represented by his deputy, expressed the Federal Government‘s continued support for the open distance learning university.

According to him, education is a top priority in the seven-point agenda of the administration and as such, government will continue to inject funding to the university

Re: Obasanjo receives certificate at NOUN, shuns press

I wonder wenti Baba wan use the certifcate do.

Well help me extend my congratulatory message to am e no easily.

Afterall e don b graduate b that
    I am a slow walker but I never walk backwards.

...noun has found bros shege worthy in character and learning...nice one...if baba wanted to prove that he really is and disgrace those that thinks he is an academic dwarf(he neednt ve bothered cos one neednt learn to be ambidextrous at his age and stage),he d ve gone to enrol in naijadelta university or uniport, part-time program,political science or GPD...i know of a certainty he will graduate,l trust baba...

its is only the noun ppl that i dont trust...even when baba ll want to write his papers himself, they will beg and prostrate b4 him not to worry...l applaud him 4 snobbing the press...they are like the god dat kills its worshippers on the sweetest day of their lives...baba should have still been in asorock had it not been 4 d fourth estate...

..8yrs of handling a leperous,diabetic,anaemic,epileptic and asmathic patient like Nigeria is enough to turn him from a vulgar, babaric, beer guuzling(i ve not seen baba drink but am afraid of his tummy size...it took some doing to get to that size...when i grow up l ll be like him,l ll even outbe him), mean,hardhearted, grammarcrucifying( i still remember how baba uz to crucify grammar during his first tenure, l uz to feel very ashamed each time he spoke way back then cos there must definitely be a grammatical and structural blunder...but today i can beat my chest and say that baba can flow better n talk more sense than adams oshiomole or even that guy in the house of rep or is it senate(,...i ve 4gotten his name, I PREFER TO CALL HIM THE OWNER OF WORDS...)not becos of noun but becos of nigeria) fellow into a refined, worthier, more realistic, polished and better person.... maurice iwu will be next...maybe noun will confer him with a nigerian style nobel laurette...one day Maurice Iwu ll look front,back,left right and the PDP,nigeria,ohaneze,even his own kith and kin ll deny him...even mother earth and nature will deny him...that was what l overheard one igboman saying in side a danfo bus

all the same congrats BABA mi...l know u ll make us(ur grandchildren)proud...
    may the power of love overcome the love of power!

THANK GOD, OBJ WHO OWNS A UNIVERSITY IS NOW A GRADUATE OF A UNIVERSITY
    CareerSpace: An Online Directory of Employment Opportunities, Career, Jobs and Vacancies.

God is good

Wetin we no know now na wether baba get 1st class or 2:1. Which course hin read sef?
    Unbelievable! I see birds in the ocean and fishes flying.

Which course hin read sef. Se na agric econs? Because i hear say hin dey stingy small. Hope say na 1st class or 2:1 hin make sha bcos no job 4 labor market o.

Which course hin read sef. Se na agric econs? Because i hear say hin dey stingy small. Hope say na 1st class or 2:1 hin make sha bcos no job 4 labor market o.

+ Reply