+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: News Flash: Zain (Nigeria) Africa Operations Is Bought Over By Vivendi.

News Flash: Zain (Nigeria) Africa Operations Is Bought Over By Vivendi.

In a record $12 billion deal, Europe’s largest entertainment group, Vivendi of France, has reportedly won the race for Zain Africa with a reported bid of $12 billion, according to a Kenyan daily.
    According to The Daily Monitor, reports are that “although officials at both companies and their transaction handlers declined to confirm the deal, sources familiar with the transaction said it had been recently completed, clearing the way for a new owner for the local operation”.
    How the event will affect the current outsourcing arrangement partly handled by HRIndexx is yet to be known. In any case, as events unfold, I will keep the house posted. But a SURE bet is that there is bound to be a major management shake-up which may have favourable or adverse impact on existing agreements and processes. Including the recruitment of Call Centre Agents
    For those of us who are awaiting invitation for call centre training, I will encourage everyone to avoid panicking and undue speculations, a things will take their natural course. The only thing that, if said, will not amount to undue speculation is that there is bound to be another change of name. Maybe to "Screensaver Networks". I wish us the best.

Re: News Flash: Zain (Nigeria) Africa Operations Is Bought Over By Vivendi.

Well thanks, good to have this info my guy! But i keep wondering why they keep changing their name. It's so ................?

These guys are really corporate chameleons. Like you said, I just hope it wont affect existing policies.

lol @ screensaver.....rather than corporate chamelons, I think they are corporate whores.....money 4 hand, back 4 .......?
    It is better to fail trying to do something<br />than to succeed doing nothing

Na wah o, serious corporate ashawos; and Zain had nice packages... then again let's see what Vivendi has in store ( hope we still get to retain our lines sha), should shed a tear for my dead Zain

+ Reply