+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: MTN BACKUP

MTN BACKUP

House pls can somebody enlighten me abt MTN backup. I was sent a msg 2 visit a site (www.mtnonline.com/mtnwap) with my phone. U'll only see a space 4 phone number & login. When i key in & login it reports error. I actually want 2 backup my phone database. How do i go abt it? Your contribution will be highly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation

Re: MTN BACKUP

MTNBACKUP is the service that allows you an mtn susbriber to save your contacts on the mtn database which can later be retrieved in the instance of damage, loss or theft of your mtn line.

You can either back-up your phone contacts or your sim contacts. To backup your phone contacts, your phone needs to be a GPRS compartible phone while to backup your sim contacts, you need to have the 0813 simcard or your could do a sim swap on your old line on the 0813 simcard.

To backup your sim contacts, please to the sim services section of your phone, enter mtn backup and you would be prompted to backup your contacts.

To backup your phone contacts, you can either visit www.mtnwap.com/mtnbackup from your phone or you can visit www.mtnonline.com/mtnbackup from the internet. You need to create a details there including your password and a link will be sent to your phone and that link will act as the interface that synchronizes your phone and the databse.

You can backup upto 5000 phone contacts while for sim contacts , its 200.

The first syncrhonization you do costs #100 while subsequent ones cost #50.

After that, you will get a confirmation message that backup/synchronisation successful when completed.

I guess with this hint, you can now DIY.

It costs nothing for a candle to light another candle, just that we have more light.

Best of luck

odeli felix
    T

Tanx alot.

YOU ARE MOST WELCOME
    T

I LOST MY SET AND I HAVE WELCOME BACK MY LINE NOW WAITING TO SEE MY BACKUP NUMBERS AUTHOMATICALLY WHAT DO IDO NEXT

+ Reply