+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: MILITANT BOMB SHELL PLATFORM, KILL 20 MILITARY MEN

MILITANT BOMB SHELL PLATFORM, KILL 20 MILITARY MEN

This happened today in theafternoon after federal gorvenrment offer them amnesty. When are we going to find a lasting solution to this militancy problem in this country.
    HE CAN, WHO THINKS HE CAN, HE CAN'T WHO THINKS HE CAN'T. WHAT THE MIND OF MAN CONCEIVE, WHAT THE MIND OF MAN BELIEVE, THE MIND OF MAN SHALL ACHIEVE

Re: MILITANT BOMB SHELL PLATFORM, KILL 20 MILITARY MEN

hmmmmm, God will save this country
    ONE DAY MONKEY GO GO MARKET, HE NO GO COME BACK

this is really sickening.just when you think things are getting better,disaster strikes again. compounding the problem of the nigerian youth.the oil industry used to be the major employer,not anymore.these guys want all out war,i think the military should give it to them. what better offer can be given to them than the one Yar Adua has offered them.these guys are not freedom fighters,they are just a bunch of rag tag,gun wielding,selfish criminals holding the country to ransome.the solution lies with the niger delta people.

The president has his own share of the blame. It is a policy in USA today that their government will not negotiate with the terrorist (no matter who is involve). But here in Nigeria, Nigerian government will send deligate to go and meet somebody in the detention to negotiate with him. And after such a person breath the air of freedom, he would go back and re-organise his group and start terrorising the country again. Come to think of it, this persons are just selfish people that are fighting for their selfish interest claiming to be fighting for the people. If they are actually fighting for the people, nothing stop all the other region to join hand with them and declare war against bad leadership in the country, i.e if their fight is genuine
    HE CAN, WHO THINKS HE CAN, HE CAN'T WHO THINKS HE CAN'T. WHAT THE MIND OF MAN CONCEIVE, WHAT THE MIND OF MAN BELIEVE, THE MIND OF MAN SHALL ACHIEVE

@ raymond. Frankly i dont blame the president for negotiating with these terrorists,our nation is not a united one,therefor it is difficult to engage these guys militarily without the support of the host communities. our people love to go abroad and shout 'GENOCIDE' and accuse the government of systematic extamination of a tribe which really makes things difficult. Yar adua had two choices:negotiate and come to some compromise or engage in full scale war. the later would have been counter productive so he chose the safer option.God help naija.

Amen and God help us, I mean the youth

the problem is one of both demand and supply not converging but diverging

As a boss, u ask a young chap 2 go and steal money for u, and d chap sucided in d mission, do u think dt guy will ever respect u when he realises that what he did was wrong? Yar' Adua has no choice than to negociate. Talking about amnesty, is he givin d MEND a fish or a hook?

As a Niger Deltan I believe the militants are working in our best interest I think they should keep it up that way the north will know we owe them nothing

Quote Originally Posted by eghaghe
    As a Niger Deltan I believe the militants are working in our best interest I think they should keep it up that way the north will know we owe them nothing
    One nigeria! You know?

Mr.watever they call you,i bet u cannot enumerate 3 benefits of the actions of those terrorists.u talk like one of them.very typical of empty heads.

When the likes of Saro wiwa (& others before him) took to dialogue in bringing about justice & structural development to the Niger Delta region, what was the result....He was murdered by the Nigerian state.....Yes most of these "militants" might be fighting for their selfish interest, but the Niger Delta people still tolerate (& probably accept) them because of the injustice & exploitation that the Nigerian state has perpetrated against them.
    Do you think without this Oil, this country will still remain "united".
    Until the Nigerian state delibrately develops the Niger Delta region, just like it did to Lagos & Abuja and allows the region to control & manage a fair share of her resources, we will continue to hear of things like these
    It is better to fail trying to do something<br />than to succeed doing nothing

+ Reply