+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: kpmg vs reltel wireless

Re: kpmg vs reltel wireless

Quote Originally Posted by wanda
    find out very well about kpmg entry level is a lot less espeially regarding ur unit
    thanks alot guys.

@wanda, i didn't mention any unit, so am kinda confused about ur post. could u clarify?

its all about following your heart, its ur call really, no matter what any one advices you on, i think you alone know where your heart lies. Go for where your heart takes you.
    With God on your side, you can be who you ought to be.

Pray to GOD bt il advice u go for kpmg!!!! cos u equally have a great opportunity there as in reltel if nt more.

i want to appreciate God on your behalf. the 2 jobs are quite good but u need to consider your career path and not the money. as for me i will advice you go with reltel...i wish you u all the best.

BROS,

AM SO SORRY THAT MY ADVICE IS COMING A LITTLE LATE NONETHELESS IT MAY STILL BE USEFUL.

TO YOUR ISSUE, YOU DID NOT MENTIONED WHAT YOU ARE BEEN EMPLOYED AS. WELL FOR ME, I THINK YOU AMBITION SHOULD DETERMINE WHAT YOU WANT.

FOR WORK, WORK WORK AND WORK - (WITH LITTLE TIME FOR LEISURE OR TIME FOR CAREER PROGRESSION) KPMG SHOUL BE OKAY, OTHERWISE, ZOOM SHOULD BE PERFECT --- YOUR BACKGROUND PUT IN PLACE TOO.

THANKS. THAT IS MY LITTLE ADVICE. I HOPE YOOU FIND IT WORTHWHILE.

please ,does anyone know how kpmg test is like?
    Am desprate about it.A friend will be writing the test on wed.20th August.
    please help me. ONE LOVE,IN UNITY AND LOVE WE STAND.

my name is oyedipe afolarin adedoyin...an undergraduate in my final at unilag..i've written the test.....the test consist of 20 logical question, 15-20 mathematical reasoning and 2 essay writeups....all the best..................folarin

[color=green]My FRIEND,
    THANK GOD FOR U. DO NOT SELL TOMORROW FOR TODAY.THE ULTIMATE IS BETTER THAN THE IMMEDIATE .

NAPOLEON HILL SAID.. THERE IS ONE QUALITY WHICH ONE MUST POSSESS TO WIN, AND THAT IS DEFINITENESS OF PURPOSE, THE KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT ONE WANTS, AND A BURNING DESIRE TO POSSESS IT.

LISTEN THE MORE U THINK ABOUT YOUR MAJOR DEFINITE PURPOSE AND HOW TO ACHIEVE IT, THE MORE U ACTIVATE THE LAW OF ATTRACTION IN UR LIFE.U BEGIN TO ATTRACT PEOPLE, OPPORTUNITIES,IDEAS, AND RESOURCES THAT HELP U TO MOVE MORE RAPIDLY TOWARD UR GOAL AND MOVE YOUR GOAL MORE RAPIDLY TOWARD YOU.

SO U SEE[color=yellow],

FIRST, SEEK FOR INFORMED COUNSEL.PEOPLE THAT ARE REALLY INSIDER IN THE TWO FIELD TO ENLIGTHEN U. EVEN AT THAT ,PRAY ITS UR DESTINY, NOT THIERS. THEN

1 .MEASURE UR OPPORTUNITIES WITH UR DREAMS TO KNOW WHAT TO GO FOR. SOME OPPORTUNITIES ARE DISTRACTION IN DISGUISE. DONT MISS IT PLEASE.

2. THE ONE U GO FOR SHOULD B SOMETHING U PERSONALLY REALLY WANT.UR DESIRE FOR IT MUST BE SO INTENSE THAT THE VERY IDEA OF PICKING IT UP EXCITES U AND MAKES U HAPPY

3. UR GOING FOR IT MUST BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC.U MUAT BE ABLE TO DEFINE IT IN WORDS.KNOW EXACTLY WHAT CAREER LINE IS IT THAT U WANT AND B ABLE TO DETERMINE WHETHER OR NOT U NEED TO CLIMB SUCH LADDER.

4 . REMEMBER SOME GET TO THE TOP AND END UP BEING FRUSTRATED, COS THEY CLIMB THE WRONG LADDER

5. ANSWER THIS QUESTION... WHAT ONE GREAT THING( FIELD, JOB, RELTEL , KPMG OR ...) WOULD U DARE TO DREAM IF U KNEW U COULD NOT FAIL?

6 IF U CLD B SUCCESFULLY GUARANTEED OF SUCCESSFULLY ACHIEVING THE PEAK OF ANY CAREER, KPMG OR ZOOM, WHICH ONE JOB LINE WOULD IT BE.

WHAT EVER UR ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS ARE WE HELP U MAKE UP UR MIND.

ITS UR OPPORTUNITY, UR CHANCE, UR START, UR IMMEDIATE, UR ULTIMATE , UR POWER OF CHOICE AND INFORMED DECISION TIME. IT UR WORLD

prof. 'toye lanreabolaji...there is no limit to what  i can do,for we ve this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellency of power might be of God

follow your heart, get the right information and knowledge. remember it is your life

Hello Brother, Xnks God 4 you,
    Though , you were not specific about what your status would be in KPMG.

To me a Good job is all about Comfort , Lot of money and most important of all the job security.

Endeavour to gather as much info as you can,find out about the management of both firms,how far both companies have added value to the lives of their staff, companny growth over a period of time.

personally, I believe a man starts growing still death..

I have been in the IT Industry for almost seven years... Life is not supposed to be about work and work alone.

Nigerian Economy is about money.....dont let initial money get into your head, forgetting the security..

You can make use of GOOGLE to find out about company history and growth..who is who in these firms..

Currently, I am currently looking for a job,...But my Advice is think twice before leaping.

Regards,

Vincent - 08051270669

hi, ithink that u r d only person that can really answer the question of wr 2 go to. find out about the two companies, then make ur decision. but first of all pray about it and ask 4 Gods direction. goodluck and Gods grace

Hello House, please, i want to inquire about test format of KPMG. Please get me informed as soon as possible.

This post is probably too late for the inquirer, but I only stumbled on this tread today. Perhaps it will help anyone else who reads it. As an alumus of both KPMG and KPMG Consulting, I can tell you that if you have a technical degree you are better off on the Consulting side which is now Bearingpoint. KPMG and other Big 5 at the time were prohibited from entering into IT services for companies for which they also provided assurance and auditing services. Hence the separation of Andersen Consulting (AC, now Accenture) from Arthur Andersen (later Andersen), and KPMG Consulting's separation from KPMG. They couldn't keep the name, so they changed to Bearingpoint.

I don't know how the Nigerian operations are run, but each unit/group/whatever they call it is run like a partnership. You may be hired by the Nigerian partnership and that does not mean you will automatically get postings overseas or transfers, unless your partner bids on and wins participation on an overseas project. With all these firms, it is easier (as I found out) to leave them and move to their competitors for more money than to count on rapid advancement within the firm. I had to go on postings where my Partner (head of the unit) could make more for my services than for postings I really wanted. That is if at all I wanted good performance reviews and raises.

I can also tell you that if you come in as a KPMG "person" on a project, you are most likely going to be doing management consulting, since Bearingpoint is the more technical of the two. An entry level job will mostly entail report writing, as someone here has pointed out, or involvement in a process management structure. There is a very good chance your team will be managing other technical client employees and you will find that you enjoy doing technical work more than project management (if you are an engineer). Transitioning to the client team is not easy as a lot of the client service agreements are written in such a way as to prevent poaching (the "stealing" of employees from the consulting firm). Seldom will the consulting firm agree to release an entry level person to the client without considerable compensation to make the client firm balk. Now, if you're a top level guru, that may be different. But, if you are, then several Silicon Valley firms probably want to talk to you.

Take this post for what it's worth, but it reflects my personal opinion and experiences working for the last 11 years in IT for US companies including AC (now Accenture) and KPMG Consulting (Communications and Content practice -- Telecom and Internet companies). Get at least two years of your technical experience under your belt then you can decide if you want to move into management, or pursue graduate studies.

Just remember, consulting companies are not in the business of nurturing engineers. If they were, they would be technology companies like telecoms, software and hardware companies. They are in the business of providing their clients with strategic management advice, and to that extent, have people on their teams who understand technology and the application of technology to solve business challenges. So, you are either a pure engineer, or you want to be a technologist and will likely need to take business courses to further enhance your skills.

All the best.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12