+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: KEEP HOPE ALIVE

KEEP HOPE ALIVE

Hi folks,
    This is just to encourage everyone out there to keep the hope alive. You may have sat for countless aptitute tests and done interviews without being selected, but my message it that when it is time to grab something, nothing can stop you. Know why? It wil be the time.
    Forget the B.Sc./HND thing or the 2.1 issue, they don't count all the time in selection. True, they may immediately limit you in some cases, but ultimately, I think it depends on God and then on you too. The thing is to keep hope alive. Continue to apply. It is when u do this that your chances of being called for interviews increases. Then continue to attend them, it also increases your experience with them and your chances of selection. Although it is not always how many times you apply that matters, you shouldn't just stop doing it. I'm an HND holder in Accounting. About 4 months after my Youth Service, I got my 1st call for test/interview in Lagos while I was still in Benin. I eventually got the offer (where I am presently). Considering the fact that I was what you'd call inexperienced then, I thought it would not take me long to get something better. You know, I have gathered more experience, skill and all that. But dozens of other tests/interviews later, I'm still at the same place. But this has not prevented me from applying the more. People who dont apply in the first place dont get short-listed or called.
    So, I'm imploring everyone to continue trying. The only limitation in the end is yourself. So, don't allow the frustrations associated with job search get to you

Re: KEEP HOPE ALIVE

thanks for your words of encouragement, you are really talking to me.

+ Reply