+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Topic: Jobless graduate stabs wife to death, dismembers corpse

Jobless graduate stabs wife to death, dismembers corpse

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?t...20110630333471
    When 30-year-old Akolade Arowolo and Titilayo tied the knot in November 2008, there was merrymaking as families, friends and well-wishers joined them to celebrate what appeared like true love. Many unmarried young men and women, who graced the occasion, wished they were in the shoes of the couple.

After a while, it was learnt that the couple had a baby girl. Both families and well-wishers were on hand to share the joy of the arrival of the baby with Akolade and Titilayo.

However, on Friday, it was with rude shock and disbelief that the residents of Aswani area of Isolo, Lagos where the couple lived, received the news that Titilayo had been stabbed in the chest and her body mutilated by her husband.

The question on everybody’s lips was: what could have gone wrong? Curious enough, Titilayo was murdered on her husband’s 30th birthday.

When PUNCH METRO spoke with a former classmate of Akolade in the University of Lagos, he said Akolade battered his wife on several occasions because he was frustrated. Akolade’s classmate, who craved anonymity, suspected that he (Akolade) was drunk and stabbed her to death on the day of the incident.

He said, “Arowolo lost his job about two years ago. Titilayo had been sustaining the family with her salaries. I heard he beat her, but she did not tell her relatives. She however confided in one of her colleagues.

“She got home one day and saw that he had sold her car. When she confronted him, he said he needed money. It strained their marriage for a while and she left the house. But she later went back.”

It was learnt that Titilayo, an employee of Skye Bank, Marina, confided in one of her colleagues that her marriage was undergoing challenges but was reluctant to leave because she did not want her daughter to be raised in a broken home.

Some of Akolade’s colleagues at the Federal Government College, Ijankin, Lagos, in 1998, who did not want their names to be mentioned because of the sensitivity of the case, described him as an easy going person, “who does not meddle in other people’s affairs.”

One of his colleagues, who gave his name simply as Tayo, after much pressure by our correspondent, said, “Arowolo was ahead of me for a year in Ijanikin. Sometimes he would be absent from school for a whole term and you would not even notice because he never got into trouble and never kept many friends.”

PUNCH METRO gathered that although Akolade was not gainfully employed, he was running a company registered as ‘Auditing Business’ and functioned as both the auditor and the Chief Executive Officer. Despite this, it was learnt that Titilayo was solely responsible for the upkeep of the family and this frequently caused friction between the couple.

One of Titilayo’s colleagues in the office, who craved anonymity said, “ Last Friday, she (Titilayo) started her leave and informed her parents she would be coming over for the weekend because her father lives in Ifako while she lived in Isolo with her husband. She was the one that even paid the house rent. She paid about N1.3m recently.

“When her relatives didn’t hear from her again, they called her phone several times but she didn’t pick her calls. Later, her husband called back to say they had a small misunderstanding, which had been sorted out.

“They asked to speak with her, but he said she was busy and would call back later. But they didn’t hear from them again. The neighbours however saw her husband jump through the window with blood stains and drove off. But since there was no screaming from the apartment or any noise to suggest they were quarrelling, the neighbours thought all was well.”

PUNCH METRO gathered that Titilayo’s body was discovered two days later with a knife still in her neck. She was stabbed severally in the face and chest.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Samuel Jinadu, said he was not aware of the incident and asked that he should be given more time to find out.

But when he was called two hours later, he said, “You still have to give me more time because I just left a meeting now.”

I HAVE UPLOADED THIS STORY FOR ONE REASON;FRUSTRATION DUE TO UNEMPLOYMENT CAN MAKE U DO WORSE THINGS.THAT IS WHY I ALWAYS BEG GUYS TO STAY CALM IN THE FACE OF PROBLEMS,HE WILL BE SENTENCED TO DEATH IN COURT AND ITS NOBODYS BUSINESS WHETHER IT WAS GOVT THAT CAUSED HIS PROBLEM OR NOT.

Re: Jobless graduate stabs wife to death, dismembers corpse

this is terribly terrible!!!!!!!!!!!

mehn dis is crazy.......................

that guy deserves something worse than a death sentence! Ingratitude amongst other vices was his problem. May her soul rest in peace!

God forbide

No Normal Man should lay hands on a woman.. Damn

i pray dat God should deliver us all in Jesus name.

This guy messed up.

It goes to show how immature and irresponsible he is.

A real man is the one who can handle difficult situations in a mature manner.

He even got married at such an early age when their are hundreds of thousands of grads unmarried and struggling.

Drinking and Anger can never never solve your problem.It only aggravates it.

May GOD forgive him.

i jst pray God helps us nd neva alows such calamity b4al any of us in Jesus name. Amen.

Firstly,I'll blame the government because if the guy had a paying job all these would have been averted.
    Secondly the wife might have rubbed it in his face at times that she was bringing the money this she might have done unintentionally. Not that I'm supporting the man o! He probably will have friends,beer parlour friends, that give him wrong advice about handling his wife,being a man and all that.
    I only wish the government would take a cue from this story and do some thing before unemployed people begin to killtheir family members out of frustration.

Kevoh don't blame government...d guy is just been stupid,iknowing too well dat he his married he would hav made provision of saving gradually befor losing his job bcos her wife was also working.dat deserve more than a jail...if she knew her wife is cheating on him has a bread winner,he would ask her wife to reloacte to her family pending on when he gets job.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoh View Post
    Firstly,I'll blame the government because if the guy had a paying job all these would have been averted.
    Secondly the wife might have rubbed it in his face at times that she was bringing the money this she might have done unintentionally. Not that I'm supporting the man o! He probably will have friends,beer parlour friends, that give him wrong advice about handling his wife,being a man and all that.
    I only wish the government would take a cue from this story and do some thing before unemployed people begin to killtheir family members out of frustration.

Guess u must b as senseless as this guy. A man carries a knife and stabs his wife 2 death and u blame the govt. I guess the day a frustrated gradute throws a bomb on ur house out of frustration, u will also blame the govt...
    babestell, Triple-C and Ikonic like this.
    17th Wonder of the World

Why must nigerians shift blame at every slightest opportunity?! Nigeria would be a better n more responsible country if we all own up for our actions. The dude has soo many issues on different levels (we went to unilag together) so pls don't bring any govt into his story. Mschew!

+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast