+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Is this a job site or a whateva goes website

Is this a job site or a whateva goes website

I am so appalled that naijajotjobs.com which was my favorite website for jobs has turned into a place where even rubbish like "cure ur problems" are published. Is this an advertising tabloid website where you can write about anything even if it has nothing to do with something related to careers. Recently, in a days posting, only 20% or 10% is related to subjects that can help people get jobs. I thought the whole essence was to assist the unemployed, underemployed or people who want a more fulfilling career get the information they need. Now, I understand why some job sites screen what you write before actually posting it. Pls, lets not forget that this isnt facebook, hi5 or other social networking sites and not abuse it. Thanks
    Urban Culture

Re: Is this a job site or a whateva goes website

@ninormadi

please, if you can still get to my post of Nov. 7th 2008 on a similar topic, it will enlighten you more. best of luck

topic was; WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THIS HOUSE NOW?
    Life is what you make of it.

ninormadi,

It obvious that the manifest or primary function of this site is to create/assist job seekers/graduate in securing thier dreamed jobs...but as the saying goes 'all works and no play makes jack a dull boy'...so, i think, every other posting in the site that has nothing to do with jobs is being posted basically to spice up the site and make it worthwhile for all and sundry(expecially those of us who not really searching for job and re members of the house)...I don't think the site is devaiting from its primary function...i personally log onto the site to get relevant info relating to jobs and while doing that, i try to catch some fun!!!!
    N

ninormadi,

It obvious that the manifest or primary function of this site is to create/assist job seekers/graduate in securing thier dreamed jobs...but as the saying goes 'all works and no play makes jack a dull boy'...so, i think, every other posting in the site that has nothing to do with jobs is being posted basically to spice up the site and make it worthwhile for all and sundry (expecially those of us who not really searching for job and re members of the house)...I don't think the site is devaiting from its primary function...i personally log onto the site to get relevant info relating to jobs and while doing that, i try to catch some fun!!!!
    N

@ninornnadi

I quite understand your point. But don't you think it'll be rather boring if all you do on this site is just to check for job openings? A lot of people have benefitted from other aspects of this site ranging from interview experiences, advice on other issues etc.

Note that not everybody will get a job through this site and not every body on this forum is in search of a job. The combination of this set of people make the site more interesting.

You can imagine how the world would be like if everyone was just exactly like me or you!

Try and catch your fun while it lasts!

No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

@ Ninornnadi !

This topic has been raise countless times and I have not hestated to bear my mind on the topic.

Yes the site was made primarily for job-hunting but what happens after getting the dream job?

95% of the site content become non-releveant. The indivdual becomes obessesed instance with life's pernitent issues.

Have a closer look most of these so-call 'non-job' related topics had ended up as real hot topics.

Simply noted that jobs will not be available everyday of the week.Some pple are now in the interview stage and will require adivce; Some fortuniately had been given two jobs and needs to make a choice.

Some will require the public's opinion on some everyday human experinace in order to learn from it.

I don't think it will be a bad idea if these class of people are not left out.

I am a slow walker but I never walk backwards.

+ Reply