+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: I WILL NEVER FORGET THOSE DAYS IN THE UNIVERSITY OF PORTHARCOURT

I WILL NEVER FORGET THOSE DAYS IN THE UNIVERSITY OF PORTHARCOURT

I was in my year one,and so happy to be in the university especially when I was studying an engineering course.If i needed any money,i will rush to the nitel phone booth to make calls (then no GSM) to my people in lagos.One day,i was on a queue to make calls and beside me were two girls that wanted to do the same thing.When it was my turn to make the call,those two girls just pushed me aside and threatened me that they will beat me up if i did not allow them to make their calls.Meeennn!!!! i was so annoyed within me that girls can tell me such things,but at the same time those girls meant business and where on jean trousers with cigarettes on their hands.Within me i dont want any girl to slap or disgrace me in the school public,so i just allowed them to do their calls and leave.After they made their calls,they walked up to me and said NA GOD SAVE YOU TODAY.I was speechless.Before i could know what was happening some other bad guys where accompanying those girls to their cars.So a guy just told me that i should just thank GOD that i did not fight those girls.Infact that was the genesis of my experience in the university.

Secondly,it was one morning and then i was in the hostel.At that time the school atmosphere was so rough and you will noticed that things weren't ok.Just then a friend of mine came to see me in the morning by 7am.He said a headless body was lying in front of chemical engineering dept.Quickly,i rushed to the scene and what i saw was so unbelievable,a headless body with a cutlass and a bottle of gin on both hands.The head of the person was hung in front of the school gate and people were rushing to see the head.Actually,i was in 300 level then in 2003.

Lastly,among those horrible things i experienced in the university none was compared to year 2004 june 11.I was on my industrial training scheme.Actually before that horrible day,some gang of cultist had beseiged the male hostels destroying cars and other valuables.This problems started between the MAN O WAR students and the VIKINGS.And in uniport that time the MAN O WAR students are highly placed by the school authority.The MAN O WAR intimidates students alot and even beat you up in the public.So many of the cultist prepared well to destroy the MAN O WAR GROUP.So before that fateful day,i was in the hostel with my friends including some of the MAN O WAR guys,because i stayed in the same hostel wing with them.So i was actually preparing food to eat and a guy named EMEKA (Deceased) a member of the MAN O WAR came i stayed with me and we started talking.Emeka was thanking GOD that he is almost a graduate of electrical engineering and he is so grateful to GOd for sparing his life.I myself i was so happy with him.So after that i dished the food and we ate together.
    The next morning,i left for my I.T job and Emeka was in his 500 level (final year) that time.Suddenly,in the afternoon when i came back to school,everywhere was so quiet that i started wandering if something happened.Just then i met a friend on the way who told me that Emeka had been killed.He told me that he was shot on his chest twice and his body had been taken to the mortuary.Meeeennnnn! i screamed that is it not the same Emeka that we both ate a night to that fateful day! i cried heavily and quickly moved my things away from the hostel.
    From that day till now i still remember the guy (Emeka).I will never forget him.He is from anambra state and a catholic leader in the university.

My people i just want to share this with u that we all should thank GOD for seeing us through our universities days.Maybe you are still looking for job,just believe that the GOD that made u to graduate will surely provide jobs for you to choose.Please never loose hope.Thanks

Re: I WILL NEVER FORGET THOSE DAYS IN THE UNIVERSITY OF PORTHARCOURT

Sammie..u ve jus consoled me ..i also jus remembered my school(unizik) days how God saw me thru d sch struggle from payment of sch fees,carry overs,cult attacks,hunger,sickness,unseriousness..and God still saw me thru with a good grade in d dept.,finishd my service..and i believe he has gotten me a good JOB..jus manifestation is wat am waitin on him for..
    Make use of what God gave you

+ Reply