+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: I want to share a bitter experience!

I want to share a bitter experience!

I have been working in an Insurance brokage firm since i finished my NYSC last year febuary and have been anxiously waiting for a better job because of 1. salary is very small 2. No organisational structure due to it been a one-man-business.
    Praise God,a very big,reputable and popular company here in Lagos called me for an interview along wit some other people(22) and i was called by thier HR that my interview was successful and also got a mail the following day notifying me that ,my employment letter is ready and i should come that day(thurs,Jan 13th 2011) and collect it,sign and submit by fri 14th and resume duty on mon 17th. Seeing the mail i resigned from my office and dashed to this company within an hour. Getting there i was told that my employment has been put on hold until further notice. I sent a mail to them on mon 7th feb to remind them and also made them know that i resgned from where i was due to the mail i got,confirming to me that my offer letter was ready for collecton. I got the greatest shocking response from them that i shouldnt have resigned and theres nothing they can do about it. I have been home,back to square one,searching for job now.

U can advise me,scold me and ask me what company was that anyway...i feel like going there in the middle of the night and burn it all down with me inside.
    This is my story.
    I need a Lawyer! Please let the whole world advise.

Re: I want to share a bitter experience!

I feel ur pains , but dats not enough reason to burn urself up in a building! am sure there are folks who av had worse experiences. You should av signed ur employment papers b4 resigning (written agreements are very powerful, more powerful than verbal agreements, cos they carry more evidence). My best advice is to get a legal counsel, but again do u av enough evidence? God help u.

Thnks. I have enuf evidencs coz i still have the mal that says my lettter was ready for collection,and i only had 2days b4 resumption. Lesson learnt. Please somebody should learn from it as well.

Bros don't kill urself o!, u made a mistake (which any of us could have made). U will get another job sooner than u expect, just hold on. That company WILL call u back! cheer up

My dear brother in all we go through in life God is there,sometimes He keeps quite and allow us go tru struggles cos we dont give Him full permission.I wl advice u 2hold on even d lawyer u mentioned,u still need money for it and dere is no grantee u will win d case.so stat applin 4 other jobs and believe God 4 grt tins dis year.U wl surely make it so dnt tink of killing yrself,alot of nigerian youths hv no job bt dey are still kepn up,u surely wil make it.

+ Reply