+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I Jus got a job with an Insurance firm, should i take it?

I Jus got a job with an Insurance firm, should i take it?

Hello house members i jus got a job in an insurance firm (mutual benefit assurance) as a marketing executive. I was given their appointment letter to start up on tuesday 17th feb. I want house members dat have pass through the insurance industry to advice me whether 2take up this job. I am considering not to go for the training. Pls help me... Through ur suggestion. Thanks, one naija we are...

Re: I Jus got a job

My guy, I'll like you to know that its your life.I turned down an appointment with a PFA this january.I just cudn't do the stuff.So ,its your life like i said.You know what your objectives are, where you want your life to look like.We need a paradigm shift.
    Fj

Re: I Jus got a job with an Insurance firm, should i take it?

From the way you sound, it seems you dont really like the company. I'll advice you to accept the offer for now even if there are other green lights flashing. A bird at hand is worth two in the bush. But I will also say this. Dont settle for anything other than the best. Keep your eyes open friend.
    "It is while smitting that one becomes blacksmith"

Hello Unic,

What did the coy offer to pay you; and what are the conditions of your employment? Are there prospects of future career advancement? Will you derive any jop satisfaction? etc. Answer to these questions will form the bedrock of your decision.

Best of Luck

PLS , Would like to know the take home package of this inurance company.

u need to let people know about the terms and conditions of the employment before you can be advise and to let you know...........you have to hold on to something first before you can start looking for options..........God Bless as we seek to find a green pasture

Thanks 2u all 4ur nice contribution. A friend of mine jus gingered me up 2attend d training & see wat they have in stock b4 l will decide 2stay or leave. The terms of their payment wil be made known during the training. I jus appreciate naija house members 4their inspiring words. My prayer 4all u jobseekers out there is dat the will of OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST wil be perfected in our lives. AMEN.

Hmmmm, I lack the right adjectives to qualify Insurance world... they are just "conservatively Stingy". I worked once with the supposedly one of the top Insurance Company-AiiCO Insurance. My experience...very pathetic. You only end up working for their pockets and yours keeps running dry. Well, Know what you are doing... You destiny may be there, who knows. I can't advice you on what to do. GOD ALMIGHTY bless you.
    Myne

i hope u know what marketing is all about, can u cope? and what is the pay like? my dear think about these things

Quote Originally Posted by Odali
    Hmmmm, I lack the right adjectives to qualify Insurance world... they are just "conservatively Stingy". I worked once with the supposedly one of the top Insurance Company-AiiCO Insurance. My experience...very pathetic. You only end up working for their pockets and yours keeps running dry. Well, Know what you are doing... You destiny may be there, who knows. I can't advice you on what to do. GOD ALMIGHTY bless you.
    You hit the nail smartly on the head.
    May God forgive each and all of them for exploiting 9ja grads!!!

dvt

I think you should take it, cos its not good to be out of job, from there you can stumble into so many other opportunities.

cheers.
    Do the good you Can while you Can...
    Naijahotjobs.com

i will advise u 2 take it because marketing job is the most flexible , u will av time 2 go about ur other businesses like looking 4 other job opportunities, attending interviews, writting tests and even ur personal businesses unlike those that are confined to the office 24/7. even if d pay is small , do it , it will ginger up ur C.V as working experience, frm their u will move on to a better one. I also work as a marketing executive in an IT company and i m as free as a bird, looking 4 other opportunities and doing other things. BEST OF LUCK
    ONE DAY MONKEY GO GO MARKET, HE NO GO COME BACK

Follow 'ur heart while keeping the Nigerian factor and ur probability of getting another job in mind.

Best of luck.
    No trumpet sounds when the important decisions of our lives are made. Destiny is made known silently.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast