x= 48/9
    x= 5 days
    2. 1f 9 people do a job for 12 days,
    in 3 days, it would take x people to do the job:
    1 person would do the job in 108 (9*12) days
    3 persons would complete the job in :
    108/3 = 36 days

Re: Hw much do u knw maths?

d fed poly, nekede guy dat started dis, c wat u'v caused. Aint dis jst interesting. Dis is good. Mannnn, I'm really havin fun. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagunro
    Let me put a new dimension to this....
    ...Since the job has been completed by 9 persons,
    then there will be no job for the other 4 persons to do
    and nobody will be required to do the job since it's been completed!
    I concur!
    "It is while smitting that one becomes blacksmith"

Quote Originally Posted by St Sundfab Unltd
    NIGERIAN APPLICANTS!!! WHY, THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!
    PLEASE READ THIS. TRY READ ALL, THANKS

I felt so embarassed with what I saw concerning that stupid, on-the-walk, biro-less and common entrance examination question. Well, the person who shot the question only make me confirm that Graduates as so called out there are looking for the best when they are not even good not to talk of being better before being called best for jobs.
    My experience @ three Aptitude within 2008/10 so far have made me to relax and not struggle for any UPCOMING TESTS. I see myself as an average performer trying to upgrade myself against eminent competing Applicant.

In 2008, I wrote a test among 150 applicants @ C&I Leasing PLC recruiting for a Telecom Company then (Name withheld), I scored 96%, the person who scored next after me scored 86%, next to him was 43, 40, 34,.... It means only 2 out of 150 passed. TOO BAD

Last year 2009, I took part in the Nigerian Bottling Company(NBC) Tranee technician Aptitude test. All Applicants from west region i.e Lagos, Ibadan, Osun,... came to write in Ikeja. There was morning, afternoon & evening session. I even heard that some people wrote theirs a day before my own date. On my own day @ Oregun, afternoon session, the hall took not less than 500 applicants. Imagine the total number if there were up to minimum of 6 session for that 2 days. let say 3000 Applicants. at the venue, I was cold and scared seeing the croud. Though I had a job with PZ Cussons Plc, I wanted the NBC job. I wrote the test not to my best due to the CROUD TENSION.
    When the result was pasted, WITH ALL MY SHAMBLE AND UN-COORDINATED PERFORMANCE, I WAS THE OVERALL 2ND BEST, FOR THE WHOLE LOT OF THE NBC CROUD FROM ALL OVER WEST REGION NIGERIA. The 1st person scored 42% with GP (Gross point) 5/10, I scored 37% with G.P 4/10. The multitude that followed after mine scored below 30, having G.P 2/10 and below. Does it mean, all the applicants never went to the school they came out from. I wonder WHY!!!

Let me reserve my experience in PZ test and Training outcomes till next time. If need be.
    These days, I don't wish to worry and prepare for aptitude test again since the challenges I've always feared so much are not always there. To upgrade, I see it as irrelevant.

Though I never fail to recognise the GRACE of GOD upon me. But Applicants should upgrade themselve to be competent enough for the jobs. There are jobs but Best Jobs are being taken over by the competents.
    Maybe the competents who are already employed should continue changing jobs available for the unemployed and seizing the best jobs. Since whenever the apply and take tests and interviews, they'll surely be taken.
    GUYS, LETS GO AND DO OUR HOMEWORK WELL, UPGRADE URSELF TO GET THE BEST AVAILABLE.
    I'M SORRY IF I'VE OFFENDED ANYONE WITH MY EPISTLE, IT'S ONLY A LIVE AND DIRECT REALITY BY ME.

WISH U ALL THE BEST.
    St Sundfab Unltd Intl
    Your write up shows that you are a bunch of egocentric dunce. If I conduct an intervien for you, you will fail woefully. Most of the time, aptitude test is not the true test of intelligence. Mind you, there is a wide gap between brilliance and intelligence.

I felt so embarassed with what I saw concerning that stupid, on-the-walk, biro-less and common entrance examination question. Well, the person who shot the question only make me confirm that Graduates as so called out there are looking for the best when they are not even good not to talk of being better before being called best for jobs.
    My experience @ three Aptitude within 2008/10 so far have made me to relax and not struggle for any UPCOMING TESTS. I see myself as an average performer trying to upgrade myself against eminent competing Applicant.

In 2008, I wrote a test among 150 applicants @ C&I Leasing PLC recruiting for a Telecom Company then (Name withheld), I scored 96%, the person who scored next after me scored 86%, next to him was 43, 40, 34,.... It means only 2 out of 150 passed. TOO BAD

Last year 2009, I took part in the Nigerian Bottling Company(NBC) Tranee technician Aptitude test. All Applicants from west region i.e Lagos, Ibadan, Osun,... came to write in Ikeja. There was morning, afternoon & evening session. I even heard that some people wrote theirs a day before my own date. On my own day @ Oregun, afternoon session, the hall took not less than 500 applicants. Imagine the total number if there were up to minimum of 6 session for that 2 days. let say 3000 Applicants. at the venue, I was cold and scared seeing the croud. Though I had a job with PZ Cussons Plc, I wanted the NBC job. I wrote the test not to my best due to the CROUD TENSION.
    When the result was pasted, WITH ALL MY SHAMBLE AND UN-COORDINATED PERFORMANCE, I WAS THE OVERALL 2ND BEST, FOR THE WHOLE LOT OF THE NBC CROUD FROM ALL OVER WEST REGION NIGERIA. The 1st person scored 42% with GP (Gross point) 5/10, I scored 37% with G.P 4/10. The multitude that followed after mine scored below 30, having G.P 2/10 and below. Does it mean, all the applicants never went to the school they came out from. I wonder WHY!!!

Let me reserve my experience in PZ test and Training outcomes till next time. If need be.
    These days, I don't wish to worry and prepare for aptitude test again since the challenges I've always feared so much are not always there. To upgrade, I see it as irrelevant.

Though I never fail to recognise the GRACE of GOD upon me. But Applicants should upgrade themselve to be competent enough for the jobs. There are jobs but Best Jobs are being taken over by the competents.
    Maybe the competents who are already employed should continue changing jobs available for the unemployed and seizing the best jobs. Since whenever the apply and take tests and interviews, they'll surely be taken.
    GUYS, LETS GO AND DO OUR HOMEWORK WELL, UPGRADE URSELF TO GET THE BEST AVAILABLE.
    I'M SORRY IF I'VE OFFENDED ANYONE WITH MY EPISTLE, IT'S ONLY A LIVE AND DIRECT REALITY BY ME.

WISH U ALL THE BEST.
    St Sundfab Unltd Intl
    Your write up shows that you are a bunch of egocentric dunce. If I conduct an interview for you, you will fail woefully. Most of the time, aptitude test is not the true test of intelligence. Mind you, there is a wide gap between brilliance and intelligence.

gzl

...My experience @ three Aptitude within 2008/10 so far have made me to relax and not struggle for any UPCOMING TESTS. I see myself as an average performer trying to upgrade myself against eminent competing Applicant.

WISH U ALL THE BEST.
    St Sundfab Unltd Intl
    @St Sundfab Unltd: if you've ever taken the test of 1 or more of the following companies,you'll do more than just reading for the preparation;

Mobil, Shell, P&G, FrieslandWampco(Workforce), Honeywell(Workforce), Dragnet(GSE), etc just to mention a few.

The companies that you have taken their tests in my own opinion have cheap questions, that's why you could come out boldly that you had so so so score. If you've ever taken, especially Mobil test, you'll find reason to prepare far more than u have been preparing for all these your cheap companies' test. U'ld not even get to know wat u scored.
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

Interesting.
    Well, folks, I will be allowed to express my mind, then I think a question like this in not worth all the intricate analysis that I have seen here.
    I know I may receive some bashing, but then naija graduates, I think we need to step up our game.
    That's why we have materials like the local gmat thing that can help us around something like this
    For me, If this kind of question is giving us concerns, then I wonder how we want to cope with some 'wicked' tests like some of those mentioned by gzl.
    If my memory is good, I first met something like this in primary school.
    Like I said earlier, I dont mind to be bashed, but Im only saying this out of concern.
    All the best to us all

Quote Originally Posted by sightquest1
    Interesting.
    Well, folks, I will be allowed to express my mind, then I think a question like this in not worth all the intricate analysis that I have seen here.
    I know I may receive some bashing, but then naija graduates, I think we need to step up our game.
    That's why we have materials like the local gmat thing that can help us around something like this
    For me, If this kind of question is giving us concerns, then I wonder how we want to cope with some 'wicked' tests like some of those mentioned by gzl.
    If my memory is good, I first met something like this in primary school.
    Like I said earlier, I dont mind to be bashed, but Im only saying this out of concern.
    All the best to us all
    Nobody is gonna bash you cos you've said the mind of many people. I wonder how rubbish threads like this manage to make the home page. Moderators, wake up please...

Quote Originally Posted by mantech
    Correction
    There is a simple way for solving such arithmetic without thinking much. I learned this method when I was in Primary 6. I will start by giving a more complex example

If 30 Men can clear 45 Plots of Land in 15 Days. How many Men can clear 90 Plots of Land in 10 Days

Arrange your Parameter as Follows

Men Plots Days
    30 45 15
    ? 90 10

More Plot More Men = 90/45
    Less Days More Men = 15/10

Answer = 30 * 90/45 *15/10
    = 90 Men

Bring it to the Current Question
    If 9 persons finishd a job in 12 days,
    (i) hw many days wil it take 4 persons working at the same rate to finish d job.
    (ii) hw many persons wil be required to finish dsame piece of wrk in 3 days. Pls show ur workings
    (i)
    Persons Days
    9 12
    4 ?

Less Person More Days = 9/4
    Answer = 12 * 9/4
    = 27 Days
    (ii)
    Persons Days
    9 12
    ? 3

Less Days More Person = 12/3
    Answer = 9 * 12/3
    = 36 Persons

Case Closed

maybe u also need to do your calculation again.u said 30men can clear 45plots of land in 5days......how can u then say 90men will clear 15plot in 25days.....that's very wrong cos d answer should be 2men.....do it again bro

Good job guys...just a word of advice. Seek for shorter methods of solving aptitude test questions as they are not certificate exams where test-of-knowledge is uppermost on your examiners list. But in selection exams like aptitude test, recruitment and entrance exams; speed, accuracy, and concerntration and ability to recognise patterns leading to test of your conceptual skills are the hallmarks.This is what actually drives the nature of the qquestions. In most cases you do not really need calculators for most of the arithmetic/numerical questions as they will slow you down.

Yes, dis is d soln.
    i) 1 person = 9 x 12 = 108 days
    :. 4 persons = 108/4 = 27 days.

ii) 1 person = 9 x 12 = 108 days
    :. 3 days = 108/3 = 36 persons.

Aluks
    A

dont worry i've seen the anwser here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if 9 persons finished the work in 12 days
    1 person will finish it in 9 x 12 days = 108 days
    4 persons will finish it in 9 x 12 divided by 4 = 27 days

ii if 9 persons can di the work in 12 days,
    18 persons will finish it in 6 days
    therefore, 36 persons will finish it in 3 days

+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast