+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: how to write an application letter

how to write an application letter

pls i'd like to know the format that a normal/ outstanding application letter should take.

Re: how to write an application letter

I believe u are asking how to write a job application letter, this will help.
    Writing a Job Application Letter

The objective of the cover letter is to present a brief overview of yourself to the employer. by presenting your personal information in a coherent formant, your objective is to get the employer to read your CV and to convice him/her that your skills are valuable. The application letter should be brief, clear, concise and straight to the point. Below are some tips to aid you in preparing a concise cover letter.

GUIDELINES ON WRITING A JOB APPLICATION LETTER

Addressing job application letters
    your address and the date should be on the right hand side. Following this on the left hand side you should address it to the recipient. Ensure you include the name of the person, their title, company name and the position`s reference.

The introductory paragraph
    The first paragraph should simply state why you are writing to them (recipient). if it is an advertised
    position, mention the position title and where it was advertised. if it is not an advertised position you should specify that you are applying for any current or future employment opportunities.

The main body of the job application letter
    The main body of the letter should tell the recipient what you have to offer and why they should read your
    CV.In one of the paragraph you need to summarise your experience, skills and respond to the position
    requirements as per the advertisement. The next part of the body of the letter should be a brief description of your persnal skills.

The closing paragraph
    The closing paragraph should point out your appreciation for the anticipated action from the recipient. for example, "I shall receive your reply with great appreciation" . Thank the recipient for giving you the
    opportunity to apply. Finish the letter by adding a closing remark for example "Yours sincerely" or "Yours faithfull". Leave a few space for your signature and then place you full name.

NB: Before you send the application letter, read it over again make sure that there are no grammar or spelling errors and that you have answered the job requirements. if applying to different organizations ensure that the letter
    inside the envelope is forwarded to the relevant employer.

AN EXAMPLE OF A JOB APPLICATION LETTER

P.O. Box 5872
    WINDHOEK
    20 November 2004
    Ministry of Finance
    Private bag 13305
    WINDHOEK

Dear Sir/Madam

RE : Application for tax administrator position

In response to you advertisement in the press recently, I hereby submit my application for consideration to the above mentioned post.

You will find my curriculum vitae enclose for you consideration. Although you require a person with two year`s tax law experience in the corporate field, you will note from my curriculum vitae that I do not have the length of experience.

Not with standing this, I am applying because I have obtain a diploma in tax law. I am currently studying for the higher Diploma in law through the University of Namibia though it does not appear in my curriculum vitae, I have been tutoring LLB student in the field of tax law.

It should also be mentioned that recently my article on tax law dealing with the corporate situation appeared in the SA Law Journal. A copy is enclosed for your perusal.

Yours faithfully,
    John Martin Penningsgate

Re: how to write an application letter

god bless u niyi4en

+ Reply