Filling the Funnel Requires Simplicity

Hi Fellows,

As a quick recap, filling the funnel is about capturing leads. It's about acquiring and saving contact information so you can market to those leads later. But the questions I'm always asked are:

* "How do I convince someone to give me their information?" and
* "How much information do I need to collect?

These questions go hand in hand. You see, people don't WANT to be marketed to. They're busy and they don't have time for you and your promotions. So, to part with their contact information, your prospect is going to expect something in return.

And...the more you give them, the more they'll give you.

For example, if you offer a free report or whitepaper on your website, you might get a name and email address. Don't expect the prospect to send you their address, phone number or any other critical information. The whitepaper is not worth anymore than that to them.

However...if you were to hold a drawing for a free car, you might get name, email, phone, and address. And suddenly your marketing is even more powerful and targeted than it was before.

Now, I'm not saying you need to give away a car to get contact information. Simply understand that asking for too much information may cause a prospect to run screaming in the other direction. Ask only for what you know you'll get, and then start collecting those leads!

Sincerely,
Emmanuel Charlie
CEO, Explosive Online ebiz Secret Mentor