+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Have your say..... SHOULD GATECRASHERS BE ALLOWED OR NOT?

Have your say..... SHOULD GATECRASHERS BE ALLOWED OR NOT?

Have your say..... SHOULD GATECRASHERS BE ALLOWED @ TEST VENUES OR NOT?

Lets discuss the merit and demerits, the feasibility and what should the HR arm of companies be doing regarding this issue.

Is it helping the organisations or not?
    Are we even helping ourselves as graduates in view of this.

Drop ur lines.

Re: Have your say..... SHOULD GATECRASHERS BE ALLOWED?

It's quite unfortunate that number of graduate positions in our country today are quite low and a significant portion of them are not even advertised.

To conduct aptitude tests sometimes can be quite challenging but it may be amazing that the best candidates may be predominant among Gatecrashers.
    I don't think the best HR in Nigeria knows that.

Having said that the overhead cost on the budget of organisation may be outrageous.
    Moreover, nigerian graduates will still say that.........bla..bla..bla...

Since they knew they only needed 20 candidates, why did they test 5000?
    and remember if there were no gate crashers, the figure would have remained @ the original shortlisted 500.

My Fellow countrymen,
    Is there a way forward?
    Let us have ur views

Re: Have your say..... SHOULD GATECRASHERS BE ALLOWED OR NOT?

Agreed, the the overhead cost on the company's budget will be outrageous but that is just in printing more question papers and providing seats. Marking, scoring and all other logistics are not too much. Gatecrashers shld be allowed 4 a number of reasons. Sometimes, these people don't get to have the opportunity to apply before hand. At other times, they just don't get called.

I also do believe that the best candidates most of time are among the gatecrashers.
    Do all the good you can for all the people you can.

IT IS A TRUISM THAT THE BRILLIANT ONES MOSTTIMES ARE AMONG THE GRADECRASHERS.ONE COULD NOT OVEREMPHASISE THE IMPORT OF ALLOWING EVERY ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES TO WRITE TESTS.THE BEST IS TO SET A STANDARD YOU WANT AS A COY.YOU COULD SAY IF YOU HAVE 2.1,COME AND WRITE OUR TEST.SO SIMPLE.IF YOU WANT A LESSER GRADE STATE IT AND ALLOW EVERY POSSIBLE GOOD CANDIDATE TO VIE FOR THE SPACE.WHEN WE SAY NO AMOUNT IS TOO MUCH TO BE SPENT ON EDUCATION,HOW MUCH MORE FOR A COMPANY SPENDING EXTRA AMOUNT TO GET THE BEST OF WHAT THEY WANT.
    THE FUNNY PART OF THIS ISSUE IS THAT YOU FIND OUT THAT PPLE WHO HAVE LESSER GRADE THAN YOU DO USUALLY GET CALLED...HOW COULD WE EXPLAIN THAT..TO ME I THINK GRADE CRASHING HAS ITS OWN BENEFITS NO DEMERITS...UNLESS THE ONES THE COY MAKE OF IT

I think gatecrashers should be allowed, i have never beeen invited for any test because i had a 2-2 grade, but i have never failed any apptitude test. i'm now with GTB, and i had choices to choose from like Access, Naija brewries, 1st inland. my friends that were invited and informed me were never invited.
    therefore, gatecrashers should be allowed because you wouldnt know if the best candidate would be a gatecrasher. Ciao!
    jendaw.

Well i strongly believe gatecrashers should be allowed to write tests,considering the fact that i gatecrashed Sterling bank test and today i work in Sterling bank. Sometimes those with the potentials are the gatecrashers and HR Consultants or departments will never know unless they try to give the gate crashers a chance.It could be worth it you know!

House,
    I am very sure that gatecrashers are better candidates.i sampled the pass list of an aptitute test in my company,and discovered out of the 150 candidates that passed,112 were gatecrashers.Also,60 candidates were employed at the end of the day with 52 of them from the gatecrashers list and 8 of them from the formal invitation list.
    I now begin to wonder,what if we decided not to allow the gatecrashers on the day of the aptitute test.I am sure we would have missed the 52 resourseful staff of ours today.I suggest an equal chance should be given to all.After all,they are all graduates.([email protected])

Thanks guys for your contributions so far.
    I appreciate them especially those that included personal experiences.

If you have not said anything, this is the time.

.........................say a word

Cheers.

Hi Guys i really appreciate this topic of discussion. it gives a lot of hope and confidence that those of us with 2:2 could and wuld really make it someday. though i had been optmistic and my only prayer was for them to call me for test and i shall show them what stuff 2:2s are made of by Christ Jesus.

i hate to hear this thing about 2:1 being better off than some other class. agreed they had 2:1 but we all went through the system and we know how some of them got it (Apologies to those who worked for theirs thru their pens and brains). so whats the noise about it that HRs cant put us all to test rather create a certain level discrimination amongst degree holders.

Something else i think they dont put into considerration is that it is not only academic performance that determines the level of optimum output in an organization. intelligence, brilliancy, composure, being articulate and above all goal oriented attributes are what oughts to be considered and these could be embeded ineven the 3rd class graduates.
    For me i dont hv much to say nor do but only to tell the 2:2s and others to every available opportunity GATE CRASH and put up a good challenge academically to these Organizations.

N:B please if theres is any test that surfaces be Kind enough to let me know especially within Lagos. Ishall be most Grateful.
    my ID is [email protected] or 08036482303 / 08023894233 / 08051987891 thanks in advance and God in His infinite Mercy shall pull us through to our desired destinations. AMENNNNNNNNNNNNN

Cheers Edetemma,

Tanx for ur contribution.

+ Reply