+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Topic: GTBank (AN ACT OF TRIBALISM)

Re: GTBank (AN ACT OF TRIBALISM)

You have to take heart.Gtbank is whom you know.let me share you my experience too.In 2006 i wrote a GTBank test through ICSLimited Obanikoro,ILupeju.After i passed test we were sent to the branch in broad street,one of the managers asked me who did i know here?i said to him nobody.They called me for more than fouth times for series of interview but after all nothing. just take it like that band erase your mind from it.
    Please,anyone that know about Firstbank recruitment should please assit me with vital information. I have done medical test since Feb 7,2009.

My brother despair not for your time will definately come. Always take the blame for your shortcomings and aspire to do better the next time that way you ultimately become a better person. Remeber Napoleon Hill's every adversity carrying a seed of equivalent benefit. It is well with us.

Quote Originally Posted by makalele

How come the ones defend GTB are GTB staff? - WRONG!
    Not everyone who has responded objectively is a GTBank staff!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

People Dont plan to fail but fail to plan, Most employers , not excluding the likes of GTB and other have laid down Recruitment selection criteria to which they usually adhere to .

There are Interview questions to which they use to assess candidates. not limited to that they also check outspokeness, dress sense, fluency, IQ, etc

There are practice interview questions on the net with which you could ground your self with. Just because you passed the test does not mean you cant fail an interview question.

Am not defending GTB but take a look inward and ask the Question, Did i really answer their questions well. Then the odds will speak for it self.

One Love

my big bros dont worry just give thank to God he will surely make a way for you
    as per gtb bank they are well culture bank there is no tribalist there my friend father is an igbo man working with the since 1990 he is one of the top executive there so woory big bros.

Quote Originally Posted by danexd
    Guy i sympathise with u. I know aw it feels to get so close to something without getting in. Would we blame the Yorubas for being their brother's keepers when it comes to the corporate world e.g bank job. One thing i've come to realise is that an average Yoruba man would always protect the interest of his tribesman when it comes to issues like this and more...but we the igbos are always sacred of our brother moving ahead of us look at our politics...i still believe its not yet late for us (igbos) to start the same thing, starting from me and u and all nwanna reading this message
    be ur brothers keeper
    see u @ the top

Iam a graduate and i believe everybody that visit this site is either a graduate or and intending graduate.But then i must admit that after reading the stuffs posted here by supposedly educated people who are supposed to be the future of this country that iam greviously saddened and worried about the future of nigeria

How more shameful could it be to hear graduates who are supposedly learneth people talk as if they are illiterates.Granted there is tribalism almost every sector of the Nigeria society,but i must tell you that majority of people that posted on this topic are also guilty of the same cankerworm impeding the progress of this country

I have yoruba friends that have been invited for interviews in GTB that were not eventually recruited even though the felt the have done well.Now who are these yoruba guys and ladies to blame.? Hey i guess the will say GTB only employs Ogun state indigens

If there are banks that have been accused of tribalism in nigeria they fidelity,diamond bank and phb.these banks are dominated by igbos.

Does it mean this banks are truly tribalistic ? the answer is yes and no.Tribalism will continue to surface in the office place in nigeria for a long time to come as long as young minds like you and i who are the MDs of tommorow dont change our mindset and continue to talk like we do now

But there is one thing i can assure you mediocrity can never take they place of excellence.This is what i think we should promote as leaders of tomorrow and not tribalistic tendencies.

So, if you can get a job with GTB try Intercontinental,sky and ETB.I am sure they will take you even if your name chukudimaka if you are as good as you claim.I,ve got a lot of igbo bodies working there and they are not complaining

I have a dream that one day there will not be yoruba, hausa and igbo again,but nigerians.A country where people will be recognised by the content of their character,intellect and not their language

Long live nigeria..Long live unity

Iam a graduate and i believe everybody that visit this site is either a graduate or and intending graduate.But then i must admit that after reading the stuffs posted here by supposedly educated people who are supposed to be the future of this country that iam grievously saddened and worried about the future of Nigeria

How more shameful could it be to hear graduates who are supposedly learneth people talk as if they are illiterates.Granted there is tribalism almost every sector of the Nigeria society,but i must tell you that majority of people that posted on this topic are also guilty of the same canker worm impeding the progress of this country

I have yoruba friends that have been invited for interviews in GTB that were not eventually recruited even though the felt the have done well.Now who are these yoruba guys and ladies to blame.? Hey i guess the will say GTB only employs Ogun state indigens

If there are banks that have been accused of tribalism in nigeria they fidelity,diamond bank and phb.these banks are dominated by igbos.

Does it mean this banks are truly tribalistic ? the answer is yes and no.Tribalism will continue to surface in the office place in nigeria for a long time to come as long as young minds like you and i who are the MDs of tommorow dont change our mindset and continue to talk like we do now

But there is one thing i can assure you mediocrity can never take they place of excellence.This is what i think we should promote as leaders of tomorrow and not tribalistic tendencies.

So, if you can get a job with GTB try Intercontinental,sky and ETB.I am sure they will take you even if your name chukudimaka if you are as good as you claim.I,ve got a lot of igbo bodies working there and they are not complaining

I have a dream that one day there will not be yoruba, hausa and igbo again,but nigerians.A country where people will be recognised by the content of their character,intellect and not their language

Long live nigeria..Long live unity

Guy pls note God's TIME is the best

Brother,the truth is that tribalism is still lingering in Nigeria.Is possible that ur a victim of discrimination,bcos ur the only one that know what happen there,but i want to tell you sometin,there is a mark that u will bear that will make u stand above tribalism and it consequences,and that mark in the mark of jesus,if you dont hv jesus in ur life anytin can happen to u,only jesus that is nt tribal,this is a testimony,some folk wanted to try that on me but bcos of mark of jesus is in me,they try bt they fail and i prevail,with jesus testimony is sure,invite you today out there to accept jesus becos he is solution to the world today,men can fail you bt jesus never fail,martin luther king fought the war some yrs back@global level,bt look@it today that obama is ruling d world 2day,if you accept jesus 2day one thing is sure ur going to rule those people that discriminate you.accept jesus and brake the limit in ur life.there is tribalism in banking industry and some other sector we know that,bt with jesus all the tribal people will bow before you becos you carry eternal value,in christainity there is no tribalism ,one love in christ,jesus love you

My Bros one luv, I am not surprised cos an average yoruba will like to intimidate an non- yorubas through their language ,especailly when you are in their a midst, are u sure they didnt use their language at the interview.
    Go to Oil and Gas Industry, so so yorubas, Even when I was youth Corper they rejected Igbos and took their own people and dis-qualified us , saying that there was no space for our course, why we are engineers cos of tribe and language.
    Dont mind them, they are saboteurs, they dont have love among themselves except during competition .
    Dont worry, GTbank, tribalism or not this year is ur year, Amen.

One luv.
    Proud Igbo girl,

guys,am not so happy about the way Lexy's experience is beig handled.dagunro,u dont av to be too hard on him.I thinh he must av taken to correction.though tribalism is yet to be wipe out of the earth's surface,ur pedicament was more of ill luck than sentiment.all the best

I think we should concentrate more on improving ourselves by identifying our deficiencies and working on them to get better instead of stigmatizing or labelling others as being tribalistic. Your haven gotten to the final stage of the interview means you are too hot to be unemployed. Nigeria go better.
    Unbelievable! I see birds in the ocean and fishes flying.

I want you all to realise one thing. GTBank is a bank with standard and cannot do such things. I totally disagree with lex4real. You don't have to blame anybody for your own misfortune. I know some people in GTBank H.R that are Igbos. Life is all about ups and downs.

My guy, God will provide your own job but stop blackmailing an industry of high esteem

It is well
    With God All things are possible

+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast