+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: ENGINEERING GRADUATES? YOU HAVE MORE THAN BANK JOBS

ENGINEERING GRADUATES? YOU HAVE MORE THAN BANK JOBS

As an engineering graduate what happens to courses like Thermodynamics, Fluid mechanics, Engineering Mathematics, Structures, Electronics and Power when you start work in a bank.
    Nigeria needs the application of those skills, why not develop yourself? Must you work in a bank?

Re: ENGINEERING GRADUATES? YOU HAVE MORE THAN BANK JOBS

BANK JOB IS ALL ABOUT ADDING, SUBTRACTING,SIMULATION OF SYSTEM, NETWORKING,DESIGN AND PROFIT MAXIMISING USING MINIMUM INPUT(EFFICIENCY),MANAGEMENT OF HUMAN ELEMENT AND ASSETS, ALL THESE METION ABOVE ARE PURELY ENGINEERING, THAT'S WHY ENGINEERING GRADUATES DO WELL IN BANK EXAMS AND INTERVIE,30% OF BANK EMPLOYEES ARE ENGINEERING GRADUATE OR RELATED DISCIPLINE LIKE PURE SCIENCE.THE NIGERIA FACTOR OF NOT CREATING JOBS FOR GRADUATES CAUSE ALL THESE ARGUEMENT, THAT'S WHY THEY GO INTO BANKING JOB AND THE BANKING COMMUNITY ARE HAPPY WITH THEM BCOS THEY ARE HARDWORKING DUE TO THE NATURE OF THEIR TRAINING IN THIRE RESPECTIVE INSTITUTIONS

Bros u dey yan correct,let me tel my experience,i'mn a graduate of building construction,did all the structures,thermodynamics,design e.t.c
    i then applied for this bank,was shortlisted,wrote the text and passed above average requirement,was then invited for an interview in kano jst in the recent past. Guess wat happend,i was disquilified bcos i'm 30yrs old,the board members who are in the late 40's and 50's said dat young man of my age is too old for the job they do. isn't dat ironical
    Wel right 4rm dat moment i decide i wil improve myself and practice m,y proffession,Thanks for reminder,i gues others will que with idea
    diskach

guy engineers na de main thing for banking na only them know watin pressure mean

if njigeria develops that sector matbe those of us running to banks will not do so.Ol boy stop that kind yarns o

meany, talkin about banking jobs.
    i wrote IBTC tests recently.
    please have the results been released and has any one bin contacted .....yet!!
    please let mi know

Truly speaking, Engineers are attracted to, and by these bankers because of the quality of training an engineering graduate had acquired.

Engineer are trained to be accurately accurate (As an Electrical engineer, I was told that "a patient died with Doctor's mistake but electrical Engineer die with their mistakes"); we posses the DRIVE, CAN DO ability and are result oriented. "Nobody is an Island" is a stern warning in engineering thereby makes engineers active in team participation and potential leader. All these and many more cause the Bankers to use their incentives to lure us into working with them, since our own sector have no use for us now.

With the current happening in the country, I believe the door of opportunity is now opening to engineering professional thereby demand that we equip ourselves with necessary skills, training and qualification that will enlist us among the functional engineers in our generation. Professional body participation also will boost our chances of securing professional oppoutunities.

(Join NSE, IET, CSN, IEEE, etc)

Love you
    Transform your little

Kai

Do u know what they call karikasop?This is a matter of Karikasop.

look guys lets not blame engrs like lou and me for that, i mean those days we talk of the big oil companies and the phcn and thier likes. but now when you qualify that is if you do qualify they will turn and give you craps like 2.2, over-age, minimun of 3yrs post NYSC expirience and all kinds of thrash as reasons not to take you. then come the issue of bank test. let face it after all Engr math, interpollation, intergration and the likes we the GST and the toasting of babes for 5yrs what do you expect. so i feel you all cos right now i have written 4 and i have been called for interview by three and the rest is history. so lets call on the likes of glo, mtn, starcoms, nnpc. phcn, faan, nimet and a host of them to rise up to the growing number of unemployed graduates now that NYSC is producing batch A1 and A2 then B1 and B2.
    Make them no meet us for labour market Oh! Live Free.....

I want u to know dat wat u read does not matta bur who u know.

This is good!
    Being trained in the Engineering faculty has made provision for our better training than the bankers, let's develope our initiatives, come together in twos or threes to contribute new ideas.

Guess what? Foremen are there supervising projects for people, while the Trained professionals are all aroud begging to apply. Though we may need experience; gain it by being inquisitive about all that relates to your field.

Why not as a building Engineer start by supervising residential buildings for individuals. You may gather your experience from any building project around you, even in your residential environs, without you paying for it, rather than staying at home all through. Or you pick up appointments not for the financial returns, but for your set goal of experience, within your set time.

Learn to maintain good relationship with people because this is essential, "Where your legs cant take you to, good relationships will take you farther"

Even as a lady, that's what Im going into( though just starting-but it pays more than an average Nigerian employer would offer), starting with relatives', friends' and known people's residential apartments.

An employee's success is limited in this country, except you are a fraud.
    Get above that level, and bring the better part of you out to serve yourself better, rather than moving within and remaining within the circle of "Slavery"............. all taking the advantage that there is no job in the country.

Best Wishes!

Nigeria is a consumer society and that is why the technology sector is not developing.we believe in importing sub-standard goods from China while Ajaokuta steel company is wasting in Kogi state.All those automobiles and elecronics can be produced here.We need a 'soludo' in the ministry of industry. I am an engineer too and it pains that after all the yakity yak in school,u end up in a bank or even insurance companies.
    Anyway,dont blame any of us because our girls must be impressed and not many of them will wait for you to get 10yrs experience from the moon before they enjoy all the niceties of modern living.so brother,bear with us.

Rockerfella I completely agree wit U there is nothing more pleasing and joyful than working in a field that U studied in school and after getting it, U R contented and start building a life and career. Can U imagine someone offering me an engineering job saying he will pay me 20k monthly I mean, its like offering free services. I didnt take it sha for a place like Abuja.
    The industrial sector is a complicated one which depends on every other sector and mere policies like that done in the banking sector cannot alone revive it.so only a soludo cannot turn around the industrial sector: it needs huge investments like power,education e.t.c
    So we keep on hoping until we get there but for the time being, banks r where every graduat tends to.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast