+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Can a Christian work in a brewering company???

Can a Christian work in a brewering company???

Is it right for a born-again christian to work in a company that produces alcoholic beer like guiness?
    For a free international mastercard visit :<br />www.freemastercard4naija..com

Re: Can a Christian work in a brewering company???

Well, @ remola, it depends on ur convictns, undastandin and relatnshp with God. Some pastors work there (i know of some) not just christians. But i personally @ my level as a christian wont even apply not to talk of being employed eitha in breweries or any tobacco company. I cant be a party to propagating dat. I can only do dat in a sound environment dat has a vision to build the nation nt tear it down with alcohol n tobacco. Ur questn is a gud one but evri1 is entitled 2 his opinion on dis as i said earlier, It depends on ur love for Jesus or Money/career. Take charge n God Bless u. Have a nice day.

@faith yetu,i will like you to tell me the part of bible that says alchohol is a sin.afterall its the same bible that said a little alchhol is good for the stomach.the only thing ino dat is bad is drunkeness.@remola,that you are working in a brewery dos not mean u are sinning against God.if u dont take alchohol den produce it and forget about the drinker moreover that u are employed there dos not mean u have to work in their productn department.
    Live and lets live. Abi no be so?:d

There is nothing wrong with working in a Brewery whether you are a Pastor or even the Pope!
    It's all about choices!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

@ sleeknel, read ur bible well if u do, it doesnt read alcohol, but wine, i.e. non alcoholic. As i said, is subject 2 personal convictns. @ dagunro (my due respect 2 u as a hero member) but dat's ur own view and u're entitled 2 urs and 1 to mine. God Bless you.

This is just the same way of asking if one can work in a gun-making factory.As it is an instrument to curb crime so also it is used to execute crime.Taking alcohol is not a crime against the bible but when consuming it degenerates to drunkeness,then i believe it becomes a sin.I am a born-again xtian & i believe i can work in a brewery. Thank you.
    You get stronger anytime that you don&#39;t give in.

Working in such a company is not an issue of being a true christian or not..there are different department in this organisations performing diff fuction..

more so, there is nothing absolutely wrong in taking alcohol..the bible condemn drunkenness and not drinking and any1 who is clever enough with the use of the scriptures should prove otherwise.

i heard som1 say(it doesn't read alcohol but wine)..what kind of wine then??is it SWEET wine??Was it sweet wine the Hebrews and Greeks used for stomach upset??Are u by any means implying that the Apostle PAUL encouraged Timothy to used SWEET WINE for his frequent stomach upset and sickness??(1Tim 5v 23).

Sweet wine or alcohol, what the bible condemns is excess taking(1Tim 3v. I dont take alcohol, but i take small stout each time i have stomach upset and it WORKS like nothing you can think of.

Whoever is involved, pls dont miss this job opportunity-it may just be the answer to your prayers.

One love

If you work in brewries and you are a born a gain, it does not mean you are working against God's will but you are working as a professional in your field.

Wel, it is good to ask an unclear question but i dont see anytin wrong wit dat but u must not loose concetration
    Ade&#039;s

Ephesians 5:18, And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess....
    If the bible were to be talking about sweet or non-alcoholic wine, it wouldnt say "be not drunk". So in otherwords, u can drink, but do not get drunk. Do not abuse drinking. Jesus took wine, the Bible never specified wether it was alcoholic or non-alcoholic. As far as I know, there is absolutely nothing wrong in working in a brewery.

Wel, @ xavier, yemmight, kayworld, etc. Like i said in my 1st comment, it depends on ur 'PERSONAL CONVICTNS' and "WALK WITH GOD".ur comments are ur opinions which u all are entitled to n dats ur problm(s), but 4 me i wont even apply let alone been employd in such organisatn. Take charge house n God bless u all.

Hi.

I undastand what u are driving at faithyetu, everyone has his or her own personal convictions. That I stated mine out clearly does not mean im saying u should drop ur beliefs/opinions & tag along with mine. Now, working or not working in a brewery, What matters is ur walk with God. If u feel that working in a brewery may take u away from things of God somehow or u just feel wrong doing it, then thats ur personal conviction which is ok. As a lady, I was once with dred locks but as a christain, I was not comfortable with d hair anymore so I had to cut it. Even though It was always very neat & clean & I always parked it very neatly whenever I went out. Some people may not see anything wrong with d hair but I had 2 cut it cos I felt wrong carrying dreds as a christain. Every one is entitled to his or her opinion and walk with God. Cheers!

+ Reply