Hello,
This truly is a clarion call to all who truly desire to get their dream jobs.
It's a disturbbing thing to see so many people - young or old - roam the streets, with their certificates and another document they call 'c.v'. Many lament their woes of not being invited for interviews, and they blame their woes on 'Iya Risika' or 'Mama Chinedu', for some silly reasons.
The truth be told that your inability to secure a job interview largely depends on that document you carry all about - your 'c.v.' I've been privileged to conduct interviews for some job-hunters. So, I can tell you authoritatively that your c.v. is your enemy!!!! Surprised? Please, don't be.
It's a common knowledge world over (except among many Nigerians, huh!) that the major tool you need in finding a job is not a c.v. but a RESUME. Yes, you heard that right. And it has to be professionally written. Little wonder many companies abound on the internet, dedicated to helping job-seekers of all caders, write their Resumes. And they charge BIG for their services. Majority of Nigerians don't know this fact, and it's more difficult for them to get International job placements.
A professionally-written Resume tells your would-be employer about whom YOU are. So, most of the times, the employers have already known you before meeting you, and have prepared the list of their potential employees, even before the interview date. So, learn from me, and don't ever forget, that all the Aptitude test, etc are ruse. And don't get me wrong. I didn't say that those who got the jobs had god-fathers somewhere, or it's a 'man-know-man thing'. It is in the professionally-written Resume.
So, be wise and do the right thing, NOW. Get a good Resume, before you apply for the next job.
I found a firm here in Nigeria that helps job-seekers write their Resumes, for a small fee, of course. If you are interested, you may send an enquiry to: [email protected]