Just some weeks ago,i went to bed very early so that i could wake up early and go to work.Then at the first ring of my set alarm,i woke up and left for work.it was work as usual and as soon as it was 5am i was on my way back home.When i got to my area, i decided to take a bike,then i saw one of my neighbours in the street.She was pregnant,so i allowed her to sit at the back while i sat in between her and the Okada man(u know the Lagos style now-3 in 1).And her protruded womb was touching me.

Suddenly,as the bike galloped into the road,i heard a tiny voice

'Bros where are we now?'

I looked around to see who spoke,but saw nobody,except the pregnant woman and the Okadaman.i kept quiet.Again the voice came:

'Bros i say where we dey now?'

Sensing that it must be the unborn baby.i replied:

'Why dnt you ask your mother?' i replied

'He will not tell me anything,'he replied

'Okay,we are in Ojuelegba, a locality in Nigeria,

'Eh,that name sounds thundrous,but do you always have light?'

'No,at least for over five years now'

'Thats okay,i can manage that.Even where i am now,there is no light.But why are we going up and down like a pendulum?'

'It is the road,they are bad and the Okadaman is trying to give us a good trip by avoiding the potholes.'

'That's okay,so where are you coming from now?'

'From Work' i told the baby.

'Where do you work?'
'
I teach in a nursery School.'

'why?'

'Because there are no jobs anywhere'

'Haba,are u not a graduate?'

'I am,i studied Engineering at the university.'

'That's good!And you ve not been able to do anything about your light? You dont produce cars or bicycles here?

'No, we import from America,China, and Japan.'

'Why?'
'Because they are whites and intelligent.'

'Oh,now i understand!Please look at the woman carrying me and tell me if she is black or white.'

'Ofcourse your mother is black'

'Please help me ask her if she is a Nigerian like you,perhaps she came to this country on holidays or visit.'

'There is no need for that,your mother is my neighbour and i know that she is a real Nigeria from Ijebu.'

'And my father?'

'He is jobless for ten years now, after graduating with a good result.'

'That is good',he said.'Nigeria is Goooood.'

When i alighted at my stop,i noticed that the Okadama and the pregnant woman were staring at me,but i just walked away.

Next morning,i was woken by a noise from three houses from our own.When i got there,i saw my neigbour wailing.Her baby boy had been born dead.I walked closer to the baby where it laid.On his face was a smile so glaring like that of a newly wedded.His lips were filled with laughter and i knew for sure that he was happy with himself even in death.it was the kind of smile on the face of someone who is saying goodbye to people he is leaving behind in Nigeria as he journeys to a better place.

WHY DID THE BABY GLADLY DIE?