+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: BANK or TELECOM which one !!!!!

BANK or TELECOM which one !!!!!

Please house starting a career as a customer service agent in telecom e.g zain and starting a career as a banker which one is more preferable and which one has the highest pay? Thanks as you contribute

Re: BANK or TELECOM which one !!!!!

First, it depends on the bank but i now that the banking industry in the long run is more lucrative, esp if u re a contact staff in a telecoms company. so 4 me i d say a bank is better but u have the say in which industry u want to push a career in. peace..

I will surely favour being a banker over a customer service representative in a telecoms. You can talk about a quicker career growth if you work in a bank (depending on your job role) than being a customer service rep. Besides, Customer Service Reps are usually more in number in a telecoms company than in banks and as such, your chances of moving up might come so late than in a bank.
    You get stronger anytime that you don't give in.

It's better u go for bank because with time u build up ur career and grow with it. But in telecom firm u might be given d opportunity 2 rise with ur career unless u quit 4 another telecom firm

As for me o i prefer telecomms to banking job....Anyway it all depend on your carrer.

Banks will pay u better the pressure there is equally much. consider also the status, Contract or permanent staff; permernent better, thugh i left banking opting for telecom, do well to start there and collect ur dough real quick.

meeeen good luck to u.i advice u go for bank.but besides,which bank?all the same, congrats.pray 4 d rest members at least 2 have choice like u.

m c

RE; BANK OR TELECOM WHICH ONE,AS FOR ME,I WILL ADVISE YUO TO GO FOR TELECOM.DONT FOCUS ABOUT THE MONETARY ASPECT OF IT BUT THE SECURITY OF YOUR JOB.MY BROTHER,PLS SEEK TO MY ADVISE

Banking of course offers longer term return, like growth and development, specially if you are doing well, and you are permanent staff, because contract is not all that good, Telecoms as custormer rep is fast money, its a place to get in and set targets, achieve those targets and move on, you can do wel in telecoms if your in better inspiring positions and not just where you'll be doing the same damn thing all year round, if you are in a position where there is opportunity of growth then telecoms makes sense, but custormer rep from those that have been there, I think the only growth you'll get is when you leave for another telecom coy.

It all depends on what you want. if you're a full staff in a bank, the pay is good but the stress could high especially as a marketer. The risk can also be high, especially in operations. In Telecom, as a customer care, the pay is not much but less stress and risk. You also have opportunity to refocus and choose a career path if you don't want to remain stagnant. If you're employed as a contract staff in the bank, its terrible because there is stagnation and the pay is not much. In all, its your choice.

Look my brother, I am a banker(marketer) and even a permanent staff in one of the highest paying banks presently but I want to ask you some questions.
    - What are you really looking for: Job or career? If job, go for bank, you will work and soon be fed up with it. If career, go for telecoms, and plan well
    - Do you want job security? if yes,Go for telecoms, you will be faced with treat of been sacked daily in any bank nowadays. Mind you, what banks are looking for now is marketer that can bring them huge deposit towards december.
    - Do you have great risk appetite?if yes go for bank.There you will be faced with enough of it daily.If no, go for telecom.
    I can only share a few experiences here but HE WHO HAVE HEARS,LET HIM HEAR.
    PLS THINK AND TAKE A WISE DECISION. I WISH YOU SUCCESS.

Quote Originally Posted by omoyoshina
    Look my brother, I am a banker(marketer) and even a permanent staff in one of the highest paying banks presently but I want to ask you some questions.
    - What are you really looking for: Job or career? If job, go for bank, you will work and soon be fed up with it. If career, go for telecoms, and plan well
    - Do you want job security? if yes,Go for telecoms, you will be faced with treat of been sacked daily in any bank nowadays. Mind you, what banks are looking for now is marketer that can bring them huge deposit towards december.
    - Do you have great risk appetite?if yes go for bank.There you will be faced with enough of it daily.If no, go for telecom.
    I can only share a few experiences here but HE WHO HAVE HEARS,LET HIM HEAR.
    PLS THINK AND TAKE A WISE DECISION. I WISH YOU SUCCESS.
    Good Talk!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

it depends on wot u want n hw u like havin time 2 ur self.As 4 me l will advice u 2 go 4 d telecom cos the risk of losing a job in the bank and getting another is 97% negative.unlike the telecome.best wishes

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast