+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: ATM WARNING!!!!!!

ATM WARNING!!!!!!

A team of organized criminals are installing equipment on legitimate bank ATM's in at least 2 regions to steal both the ATM card number and the PIN. The team sits nearby in a car receiving the information transmitted wirelessly over weekends and evenings from equipment they install on the front of the ATM. If you see an attachment like this, do not use the ATM and report it immediately to the bank using the phone on the front of the ATM.

The equipment used to capture your ATM card number and PIN are cleverly disguised to look like normal ATM equipment. A "skimmer" is mounted to the front of the normal ATM card slot that reads the ATM card number and transmits it to the criminals sitting in a nearby car.

At the same time, a wireless camera is disguised to look like a leaflet holder and is mounted in a position to view ATM PIN entries..

The thieves copy the cards and use the PIN numbers to withdraw thousands from many accounts in a very short time directly from the bank ATM.

So pls we should be very careful and watchful
    Thanks.

Re: ATM WARNING!!!!!!

jeezze!!! goose flesh is an understatement of what happened to me just now,while reading this post. i used an ATM machine today and i was not that vigilant. am i scared??
    thanks for the info...just hope they have not copied my number and pin.
    The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.....

Chei! Things are happening oooh! ~ Why won't Nigerians seek better and legitimate ways to get money?

@ mavdav. I just hope you are not telling us this out of your own experience. What I mean is this: I hope the scammers have not already tracked you down and collected money from your account.

Chei! Everyone should be careful. Hackers on the loose! Mavdav, there was a time you gave me your phone number. I'm sorry I couldne't call you because they snatched my phone almost then - you know PH boys nah!

Please give me your phone number again. Send it as text to ma phone. 08037971139
    Jojo
    Joshua Otuonye C.<br />08037971139<br />Proudly Nigerian

I believe we should be cautious when using our debit cards i believe d best we can do 4 now when using ATMs is for u 2 cover with your palm d keypad on d ATM when asked 2 enter your PIN, don&#39;t disclose your PIN to anyone no matter how close d person may be. Also when buying items online be careful about d websites u purchase things from. Some websites are out there just to collect PINs from unsuspecting members of the public which they will then use to clone Debit cards and withdraw money.

God will save us Amen.
    T

Otuonye it happend in Aba so after reporting the case to the bank the now tressed it that the empted his account through his ATM Card that was how they gat to know about the equipment.i will still find out more details from my Cousin.
    so pls we have to be very careful going to some ATM in open places especially d ones installed outside and dont tell any body ur pin no not ever ur close pal.

Thanks.

NA WHAO!
    HENCEFORTH ITS CHECK BOOK FOR ME AND ATM WHEN I CANT HELP IT.

I DONT BLAME MY MUM SHE IS ALWAYS SCARED OF THESE NEW INVENTIONS.

PLS MAVDAV KEEP INFORMED ABOUT THIS MAKE CHAOS NO DEY TOWN O!

GOD BLESS
    Revelation 22: 11-12

I v always thought something like that cannot be far from NAIJA!All the same, u did well by hinting da house.May u neva loose a kobo!

Regads

Thanks 4 the info mavdav.

I&#39;ll try to be more careful anytime i&#39;m using it.
    Circumstances do not make the man, they reveal him.

Gee! reading that warning of yours just gave me the creeps. Though I am yet to commence the use of the ATM cards and was planning to do so soon but now I am beginning to think twice about whether I should go ahead with it. But I believe the watchword here is caution.
    Thanks for the friendly warning all the same.

+ Reply