+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: What is happening to ExxonMobil Recruitments??

gzl

Re: What is happening to ExxonMobil Recruitments??

Quote Originally Posted by Peacesofpeace
    As much as I still believe you'l soon be leaving a testimony about your Mobil Job, I also wish to stress, for the purpose of the younger ones who would have choices and options in jobs;

1. UNTIL YOU RESUME WORK ON THE FIRST DAY, NEVER ASSUME THAT DOING
    MEDICALS OR SIGNING OFFER LETTERS GUARANTEES YOU A JOB;

2. WHILE ON A JOB, ESPECIALLY WITH A PRIVATE COMPANY, IF YOU FIND A BETTER
    OFFER WITH BETTER WORK TERMS AND A PROMISING ENVIRONMENT...LEAVE AND
    MAKE THAT CAREER MOVE BECAUSE IT CAN ONLY BE FOR THE GOOD OF ALL
    PARTIES, BECAUSE WHEN MANAGEMENT (OF A PRIVATE COMPANY) FINDS A
    BETTER OPTION AND DECIDES TO LAY YOU OFF, YOU WILL BE ON
    THE LOSING SIDE OF THE EQUATION...IN ESSENCE NEVER OVERSTAY YOUR
    WELCOME;

3. EVEN WHILE ON A COMFORTABLE JOB IT IS BETTER TO KEEP APPLYING FOR JOBS
    (AS A WAY OF TESTING THE STRENGTH OF YOUR CV) EVEN THOUGH YOU WILL END
    UP REJECTING OR NOT HONORING THE TESTS/INTERVIEWS...THIS ONLY GIVES YOU
    AN IDEA HOW MUCH YOUR TRADE OR SKILLS ARE STILL IN HIGH DEMAND;

4. ETC...
    @Peacesofpeace: I love this your response

Quote Originally Posted by datriplea
    Like I'll advise most peeps who are still in skul or fresh outta skul, rely less on the big corporations. They are filled up! The trend Nigeria will follow for the next couple of years will be skill-based. More like creating employment. The opportunities for self sustenance r out there, u only need to look well.

Notwithstanding, I wouldnt want to undermine the power of God. seek His face first.u neva know wut alternative plans he had for u all along...all d best!
    @datriplea: I also love your response so much...
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

gzl

@random_guy: try to put your mind at rest, I can feel you pain; however, I would advise you put your trust in God and he will direct your path.

@all: Like most people here already know my story, I applied (recklessly ) to a good number of multinationals most of which I got to the final stage and out of these, two of them have a culture of sending emails (regret mails) to contact you if unsuccessful or a phone call if successful after the final stage. But neither of these two have not contacted me in either way as we speak.
    My point is, as have been stated earlier by @peacesofpeace, do not stop applying (to other "Better" places) even if you already have "resumed" a job.
    I bless God for where I am today and I thank him for where I'm going tomorrow...
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

Quote Originally Posted by Peacesofpeace
    As much as I still believe you'l soon be leaving a testimony about your Mobil Job, I also wish to stress, for the purpose of the younger ones who would have choices and options in jobs;

1. UNTIL YOU RESUME WORK ON THE FIRST DAY, NEVER ASSUME THAT DOING
    MEDICALS OR SIGNING OFFER LETTERS GUARANTEES YOU A JOB;

2. WHILE ON A JOB, ESPECIALLY WITH A PRIVATE COMPANY, IF YOU FIND A BETTER
    OFFER WITH BETTER WORK TERMS AND A PROMISING ENVIRONMENT...LEAVE AND
    MAKE THAT CAREER MOVE BECAUSE IT CAN ONLY BE FOR THE GOOD OF ALL
    PARTIES, BECAUSE WHEN MANAGEMENT (OF A PRIVATE COMPANY) FINDS A
    BETTER OPTION AND DECIDES TO LAY YOU OFF, YOU WILL BE ON
    THE LOSING SIDE OF THE EQUATION...IN ESSENCE NEVER OVERSTAY YOUR
    WELCOME;

3. EVEN WHILE ON A COMFORTABLE JOB IT IS BETTER TO KEEP APPLYING FOR JOBS
    (AS A WAY OF TESTING THE STRENGTH OF YOUR CV) EVEN THOUGH YOU WILL END
    UP REJECTING OR NOT HONORING THE TESTS/INTERVIEWS...THIS ONLY GIVES YOU
    AN IDEA HOW MUCH YOUR TRADE OR SKILLS ARE STILL IN HIGH DEMAND;

4. ETC...
    Splendid, my eyes are now open... altho it was shut for a while
    Quote Originally Posted by datriplea

Like I'll advise most peeps who are still in skul or fresh outta skul, rely less on the big corporations. They are filled up! The trend Nigeria will follow for the next couple of years will be skill-based. More like creating employment. The opportunities for self sustenance r out there, u only need to look well.
    marvelous contribution.
    @gzl, peacesofpeace and et al, i am touched by your responses..... i have learnt something crucial by going thru this thread. @randomeguy: just pull yourself together and face the opportunities available to you wit all your heart and commit everything to the hands of the almighty.... surely, it 'd come to pass, although it tarries, it shall come and not delay....

@random_guy, i sincerely share ur pain, God in Heaven will evelate u 2 a higher level. pls fellow forumites, i am new to this forum and work in ph. please permit me to exchange/share some personal information wrt random_guy's issue. I believe i have an insight on how this can be resolved.

You can send sms to me so i can call u.08120796831

Quote Originally Posted by kamara
    @peacesof peace plz do u av an idea of how much Transocean energy entry level is cos i av been invited for test and i am presently working in comfortable place.I just want to av an idea so that i can decide whether to pursue the recruitment process.Thanks
    First and foremost...NEVER resign a job until you secure another one (except you're up against victimization which could lead to a sack) and by 'securing another' I mean passing through the (final) interview, agreeing on your resumption date (1 month) and signing your offer letter with your terms(or a compromise) agreed.

Secondly...With both the Lagos and PH centers inclusive, Transocean (Deepwater) MAY/WILL NOT take more than 7 people (NATIONWIDE) and you must know that some talented casual staff of Transocean will also write the test to upgrade their contracts or positions in Transocean and the rate of gate-crashing is very alarming and supported by the examiners themselves. So do you REALLY believe you stand a chance?

Thirdly...When I wrote the test a few years ago a RUMOUR circulating at the venue was that the trainees will undergo a 24 month global (on-the-job) training and then sign offers of about N720k Gross. It could be a rumour but I know that as the biggest drilling company in the world those figures are possible.

Finally...and this goes to all those who wish to work offshore...If you can make out a week to attend the 4 mandatory maritime safety courses/certifications in the Maritime Academy Oron, you may not need to write plenty tests before gaining employment in offshore exploration companies (local or global). I have a friend who has a diploma in a non-science course and attended the academy and in less than a year he got an invitation for interview with Transocean (though through community slots) and his first pay was almost 400k but as we speak he has spent about 3 years with them and takes home more than 700k...so imagine if he was an Engineering graduate...

Though I just finished my mandatories, KINDLY NOTE THAT I have no links with the academy...I am not marketing the academy and hence I do not wish to answer too many questions about the academy...that was just a suggestion.

Best regards!!!
    Perseverance, Persistence and faith in GOD is all i need.

@peacesof peace,

I read Pet. eng, work in a bank bt currently in need of career switch to oil & gas...pls my brother, pls help with your number for further enquiries.

@peacesofpeace, you just seem to have answers for any difficult issue raised up in here... we are grateful for the likes of you and the other noble forumites... May you get your heart desires as well bro
    @tosh55, broda i feel your pain, some of us are in that kind of boat too...

@randomguy;pray and move on.
    dont stop trying,GOD is your rock.
    GET BACK TO THE DRAWING TABLE AND SEE WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE!

to peace of peace, i highly comend ur response, in short its a shoot 4 me that is in chase of a higher career...thanks

AMEN!!!

I've never had the best of orientations apart from growing up so I've always had to dig up things, and believe me, I've benefited a lot from trying to help people in every little way I can so I wont stop now because thats part of where my success comes from.

If we all have that mentality then our generation will be very different from that of our parents and thats what we need to move ahead as ONE GREAT NATION!!!

God bless us all!!!
    Perseverance, Persistence and faith in GOD is all i need.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12