+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Which University will you opt for?

Which University will you opt for?

Hello everyone,

I have a BSC in Petroleum & gas Engr and I need info on the University to attend for MSC bearing in mind the rankings, fees, e.t.c

London South Bank Univ MSC Petroleum Engr
    Robert Gordon Univ Msc Oil N Gas Engr
    Univ of salford Msc Petroleum n Gas
    Heriot Watt Msc Petroleum Engr

Can u rate them relatively to each other

Also can u rate these courses as offered by RGU

Petroleum production Engr
    Drilling & Well Engineering
    Oil N Gas Engr

Keep in mind that the recipient possesses a BSC degree in Petroleum & Gas engr
    www.n aijajive.com<br />Job Vacancies &amp; Nigeria Portal

Re: Which University will you opt for?

They are all very good schools. I am currently studying at RGU, although I'm not on any of the courses you listed. I don't know much about London South Bank University, but I know that Heriot Watt is rated very highly.

From what I have heard Univeristy of Salford is one of those schools that created their Petroleum and Gas programme out of desperation, just to attract tuition fees income.

You should also bear in mind that London is a mad place to live in, what with the high rent prices and transportation costs.

Personally, I'd advise that you extend your search to other schools (or better still, other countries). The USA and Canada have schools offering excellent oil and gas programmes. You may want to check out Texas A & M, Colorado School of Mines, University of Oklahoma, Phoenix and the rest of them. www.findaschool.org is also a wonderful website.

And finally, from experience, I know that studying in a foreign country (especially the UK) is a huge endeavour. Please make sure you consider every factor, especially your finances before reaching a final decision.
    God help you through your decision-making.

Hi. i'll suggest university of aberdeen or heriot watt. London southbank is a NO NO. Check aberdeen, though their courses related to petroluem/energy bear different titles...e.g.energy futures. Look through their available courses.

RGU is the most popular schl for petroleum studies, but not necessarily d best.

U might want to consider schools in scotland ....e.g aberdeen, heriot watt, rgu bcos the oil rigs/platform for UK r in the north sea, very close to scotland.
    all z best

Imperial or Herriot Watt, these schools are the bomb. when it comes to Petrl Engineering. All the best

Heriot Watt of course. I studied at University College London (UCL) for my MSc but not in petroleum anyway. So I can tell you that london is quite expensive. If you are bent on Studying in London, the rated schools there are; UCL, imperial, LSE and LBS though the last two dont offer engineering. Ensure you go to a good school if u must study, at all, in the UK.
    G

+ Reply