+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Topic: Triple C...and rest pls..Do shell mark applicants down? To control guess works

Triple C...and rest pls..Do shell mark applicants down? To control guess works

A question for all and is very urgent...i want to know if shell subtract d wrongly answered questions from the scored marks....@Triple C...kindly hit me on my phone 08038484969 so i can call back to ask some personal questions...please

@HOUSE...I WILL RELEASE D ANSWERS TO THE EXMURTREE QUESTIONS OVER D WEEKEND...THANKS TO U ALL

Re: Triple C...and rest pls..Do shell mark applicants down? To control guess works

yeah do they mark down?

Re: Triple C...and rest pls..Do shell mark applicants down? To control guess works

@XSammie and d Xcellente One...I believe they use a curve/percentile marking scheme. At the top right hand corner of the OMR ans sheet u'll see boxes for Num of ques attempted, number of questions ans'd correctly, I believe they compare d number of correct answers to the number of questions attempted within the given time frame to arrive at a percentile for the candidate. This is later compared to that of all the other candidates to decide on the list of successfuls.

to excel under such a condition it is advisable not to guess except it is a well calculated and intelligent one, because the more the wrong answers compared with the number of questions attempted the lower the score.

It is also advisable to attempt as many questions as possible within the given time frame, but do answer them correctly, because the lower the number of questions attempted the lower the score even if the ratio of correctly answered questions to attempted questions is high.

This is the much I know, please those with some more should please hit the house with it.

One love y'all.
    Ufuoma77 likes this.

@Triple-C, Thanks

After the first paper, i saw a lady marking some sheets. She had a metal template with holes in different places. The metal is placed on the sheet and the holes with dark pencil patches are counted. I dont know if they later count the total number of questions answered or not but it is clear that it is not computer marked. Maybe thats why we were not asked to shade our names.
    Any which way, NA GOD BE EVERY.

For those who are yet to write, thanks to Shewenreal, you have more info to make ur time and effort count

Quote Originally Posted by shewenreal View Post
    speed in the test is essential as accuracy. you will not be competing with the people you are writing the test with. ur goal will be to at least meet or beat a normed score (a normed score s the average grade scored by people of thesame age, sex and qualification as the person taking the test. in other words, the score required for a 23yr old bsc holder will be different from tht of a 25yr old msc holder. the score required for a 23 yr old male bsc holder is also different from tht of a 23 yr old female). if you answer 14 questions out of 20, be sure to get them right. you needn't answer everything. guessing might hurt you badly. the questions are easy, nothing special as your battle is against time and mistakes/errors. do not answer questions you are not sure of answering correctly in good time . getting used to charts would help a great deal. make sure you are in the right frame of mind, u need to be in an excited mood. do not waste time on any question. funny but this is the test is the easy part of the recruitment process. anyone with the right mindset and adequate prep will scale thru
    One love y'all
    Ufuoma77 likes this.

All this test!
    Dear house, am not trying to be negative but guess what? A friend confided in me today that she had a cv sent to sum1 for dis SITP we all hustling for for about 2 monthsnow n almost immediately, she was sent an invite for d interview. She had gone thru 2 stages of intervieww (pls note that she neva wrote d test)and that she has a final one to go.
    In summary,we are probably jst writing all dis tests bt d truth is sum ppl r already waiting to pick up der employment letters! I have dis feeling this is what dis ppk do... If dey intend taking 20ppl, 15 are already insiders conections whyl d remaining 5 wld b d best outta d masses, unconnected n lucky ones!
    May God help us in this country!!! Sumhw I know we shall not remain jobless forever and we wld all make it to our dream heights Insha Allah !!!

Quote Originally Posted by tumtum View Post
    All this test!
    Dear house, am not trying to be negative but guess what? A friend confided in me today that she had a cv sent to sum1 for dis SITP we all hustling for for about 2 monthsnow n almost immediately, she was sent an invite for d interview. She had gone thru 2 stages of intervieww (pls note that she neva wrote d test)and that she has a final one to go.
    In summary,we are probably jst writing all dis tests bt d truth is sum ppl r already waiting to pick up der employment letters! I have dis feeling this is what dis ppk do... If dey intend taking 20ppl, 15 are already insiders conections whyl d remaining 5 wld b d best outta d masses, unconnected n lucky ones!
    May God help us in this country!!! Sumhw I know we shall not remain jobless forever and we wld all make it to our dream heights Insha Allah !!!
    Nigeria is really like that.

@Tumtum...U have a point, but life as I have learnt so far is all about perspective, we view life from different shades, and a lot of influences affect our perspective, that's the difference btw half a dozen and six, same difference btw a cup that is half empty and the same cup that is half full. Same thing when viewed by different people, and from different perspectives turn out to be really different and at times conflicting.

Nigeria no doubt is like you have described, even the multi-nationals are everyday being affected by the "Nigerian factor", I've gone to some interviews in the multi-nationals where people who never even wrote the test end up being taken at the expense of others. The list goes on and on. When we change our "point of view" we'll have a little insight into the number of interest groups that mount pressure on these companies. For them to keep up with their base business and if possible increase production they have to find a point of compromise with these groups; govt, host community and their youths, investors etc.

We as job seekers have to do our best, raise our game since we are "warring against principalities and powers that be" and keep praying that what belongs to us will not be taken by another. According to the Bible in Psa 16:5 "The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot". We have to keep working in the secret and in the open, and also keep praying that God should maintain our lot. That way I believe what is ours will come to us nomatter the battle on the way.

One love y'all...determination is d price of gr8ness, pay d price 4 d prize.
    donivald, empress01 and lordjyde like this.

Triple C, I couldn't have said it beta, all these things have to do with perception.... One thing i ve come to understand is that, if you are the one that is privileged to take such opportunities you probably 'd so there is no point in dwelling on the whole issue. I do know ppl that have gotten into all this multi nationals on purely meritorious ground...... The word therefore is do your best and pray that God almighty smiles on you, and grant you favour.... All i can say we will keep the flag flying until we all get to our desired destination....
    donivald, empress01 and Triple-C like this.

@Ufuoma77...U've said it all, if any of us has the privilege we would embrace it with both arms. So lets do our part so that these companies would be COMPELLED to take us by virtue of the results we post at their exams and interviews.

This is very true, take what you can very seriously. Its very frustrating yet the current situation in Nigeria doesnt give the opportunity for resolutions as these things are seen as mere meager issues compared to some major national problems. For sure i know shell does this as from the previous sitp someone i know got in based on who he knew plus this year it was soo funny that numerous ppl claimed to have had the questions and answers to the test days before the actual test allegedly supplied by a shell staff insider. these are things that shell needs to look at. I can understand man know man at the interview stages because definitely it can be biased based on the interviewees personality and not only who he knows, whereby kf i had the chance to get (in quote) "recommended" at that stage i would grab it by the horns. But i would never want to have the test questions before the test because this stage is supposed to filter out the test smart ppl and i would always take it in good faith if i dont pass a test. When ppl have these answers before time it just makes things too difficult for the lot of ppl who stress themselves to write because obviously the class average will increase and now merit is almost eliminated. Please ppl dont condone cheating for the test stage> if your dedicated and judicious about ur studying you will pass it> i really hope shell can correct that loop hole by eliminating the paper and introducing CBT which is to a greater extent more secure. this is the most security-breached Multinational test i have ever written and i was so dissapointed. Even NNPC wasnt as bad as this. God help us all
    Triple-C likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by random_guy View Post
    ...I really hope shell can correct that loop hole by eliminating the paper and introducing CBT which is to a greater extent more secure. this is the most security-breached Multinational test i have ever written and i was so dissapointed. Even NNPC wasnt as bad as this. God help us all
    @Random_guy...I concure oh! I felt really bad after learning that some of us had the same test we just finnished, even b4 we wrote. Some had the Advanced Managerial Test (Numerical) while some others had the Spartial...hmmm, our own no go loss oh! Baba go maintain am 4us.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast