I just got my invitation for
    Reservoir Engineering to be
    written on the 5th of next month. Pls what shld we
    expect for the aptitude test and
    the technical test?

Re: Total e & p nig. Ltd recruitment

Pls, sombdy shld say somtin on wat 2 expect 4 d reserv eng positn

There nothing special for reservoir engineering in TEPNG Ltd recruitment process. They have one system to recruit all candidate, only difference is questions asked will depend on your field of study (for interview stage that is). maybe you can say what stage you are at and I can tell you what to expect

Quote Originally Posted by area_boy View Post
    There nothing special for reservoir engineering in TEPNG Ltd recruitment process. They have one system to recruit all candidate, only difference is questions asked will depend on your field of study (for interview stage that is). maybe you can say what stage you are at and I can tell you what to expect
    @area_boy thanks for your help. this is the mail i got from total

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx ,

Invitation for Aptitude Test - Reservoir Engineer

With reference to your application for employment, we wish to invite you for Aptitude tests as follows:

Date: September 5, 2012
    Time: 9:00AM
    Venue: Building 22, Total Office Complex, Plot 25 Trans Amadi Industrial Layout. Port Harcourt

Please note that the successful candidates from the Aptitude test will be invited to take the technical test on the 6th of September 2012 color.

You are requested to come along with:
    (a) Two (2) recent passport size photographs,

(b) A valid photo identification card (Driver's License, National ID Card or International passport),

(c) PHOTOCOPIES of the following:
    CREDENTIALS - S.S.C.E, W.A.E.C OR N.E.C.O certificates, tertiary education certificate/statement of result, testimonials, evidence of NYSC completion;
    BIRTH CERTIFICATES (Government Registered) or SWORN AGE DECLARATION and
    Evidence of change of name affidavit or newspaper publication (if applicable)

(d) Calculator, biro, pencil, sharpener and eraser

You will be responsible for your transport and accommodation arrangements. However, we will contribute moderately to your expenses after the test.
    Please note the following:
    (i) that you are not eligible to write an aptitude test if you have already done so within the last 24 months. If it is discovered at any point during the recruitment process or after employment, that you ignored this warning, you will be automatically disqualified or have your employment terminated, as the case may be.
    (ii) print this email and come along with it to the venue of the test - it is your guarantee for admi! ttance i nto the test hall

Yours Sincerely,

The Recruitment Team

For: Total Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Kindly destroy this message and notify the sender by reply email in such instances.
    We do not accept responsibility for any changes made to this message after it was originally sent and any views, opinions, conclusions or other information in this message which do not relate to the business of this company are not authorised by us.

Sorry for the delayed response. I just got your notification

Well, this is the first stage of the recruitment process. It will be the normal SHL test. If I remember correctly, they have a particular format for this aptitude test.

Maths 25 minutes
    Verbal 25 (or 20) minutes <--- or so (not sure about the verbal but it will be around that much time)

Again, I think it was around 35 questions for maths and 25 for verbal (I really cant remember). The trick is to work quickly like every other shl assessment. The Verbal is quite easy, the usual paragraph and questions (true, false, cannot say). Run through your Verbal as fast and accurate as possible The maths is tricky though as there are tonnes of charts, graphs and figures to use for computation and these charts are on the last page of the paper. So you'll be flicking back and for for two things:
    1) finding out which question goes for which chart
    2) answering the question correctly with the related chart

You don't need to score 100% to pass. Do the best you can in the allotted time and hope for the best.

If you then pass, you'll be contacted immediately for the next stage. For your case, it seems to be a technical test. This now focuses on the role you are being considered for. Not necessarily what you studied in school. As I can see in your email it says Reservoir Engineering, so try to know your stuff. The technical test on the other hand might have 3 sections, A, B and C. and they test different things. since I wasn't considered for reservoir engineering I cant give you much details here cos it may differ from mine.
    About 2hrs for the test and a break in between sections.

Just get plenty rest and don't bother with last second preparation or else you'll have your head muddled up. Someone posted here earlier that he even plays fifa 12 before any shl test. I'm not suggesting you do thesame, but you catch my drift. Rest properly and try not to be nervous (easier said than done I know :P )

Good luck guys
    And please Listen to instructions given. I've seen a guy walked out cos of this

Just to add a few things.

The aptitude test is objective style questions like I said.

For verbal it is A, B, Or C (true, false, or cannot say)

For the Maths, they use a different format. still multiple choice questions but the answers instead of (A,B,C,D, or E) they have

A, B, C, D, E, AA, AB, AC, AD, or AE. Not exaclty like this but my point is you will have up to 8 options to choose from. solve it correctly and this wont be a problem.

The technical test on the other hand, like I posted earlier they will be broken into sections. one part for calculations, another part for "fill in the blanks", and a theory part where you have to explain. Something of that nature.

@area boy: Thanks alot.

Quote Originally Posted by area_boy View Post
    Just to add a few things.

The aptitude test is objective style questions like I said.

For verbal it is A, B, Or C (true, false, or cannot say)

For the Maths, they use a different format. still multiple choice questions but the answers instead of (A,B,C,D, or E) they have

A, B, C, D, E, AA, AB, AC, AD, or AE. Not exaclty like this but my point is you will have up to 8 options to choose from. solve it correctly and this wont be a problem.

The technical test on the other hand, like I posted earlier they will be broken into sections. one part for calculations, another part for "fill in the blanks", and a theory part where you have to explain. Something of that nature.
    @area_boy am very grateful for helps and advice. May God grant u ur heart desire

Nae bother mate. Good luck to you guys

Thank you all for the information.I was also invited for construction engr. position on the 1st of sept.I ve been made to understand from this forum that the aptitude test will be basically from SHL comprising of verbal and numerical tests.My major concern now is the professional test.I don t know what to prepare for or how the test will look like.I ve only written one professional test in my life with one multinational oil service firm,although I applied for offshore structural engr.They gave me just one question which was a continuous beam with like four spans to analyze for BM and SF.Now come to think of construction engr.,I keep wondering what the skill test ll look like.I am now feeling like that I would have applied for umbilical/riser engr. or what ever where I can forecast questions for my self as I also have experience in that field.Pls am pleading with anyone that have written this test before,to inform us on what to prepare for or how the professional test looks like for construction engr position.Thanks

@KeenKaline

I can understand your concern with the technical test. I did mention earlier that the technical test will be based on the role you are being considered for rather than what you studied in uni. Since it says construction engr, you will have a technical test in this field. However if you have a different educational background from what you are being considered for, Total will only set basic questions that the expect you to know in that field. They will be very lenient with their questions. If this field is your field of study, then you need to know your stuff.

Research the role (construction engineer) and find out what the entire Job description entails. That way you wont be surprised by anything they bring as questions

@area_boy: I was invited for 'aptitude and professional tests'
    Can you or someonelse pls post d job description/role for instrumentation and control engr-graduate level.
    THANKS

Was there any person for Upstream Geophysicist Seismic Processing Engineer slated for a time other than 11PM today?

+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast