+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: STANDARD CHATTERED graduate program

Senior Member oluwagbemiga Adelowo's Avatar

STANDARD CHATTERED graduate program

U guys should check it out.Though it expired on d 1st of June,bt I just applied and was given a link to take a Logical Reasoning test. If intrested, visit www.standardchartered.com/careers and click on their internatnal grad prog.
    G

Re: STANDARD CHATTERED graduate program

pls does any one hv any idea, what the test is like?

I dont tink the stuff has expired yet. Infact it's only just begun. The closing date is 1 june 2011. It's like this recruitment is gonna take up donkey years man. It sucks but i think y'all should give it a try.

Nice one, just tried it and got the test link almost immediately, thanks for the info Gbenga.

Hi Guys,

Exactly one yr ago, I saw the advert of this opportunity on this site .... to God be the glory, I'm currently in Malaysia courtesy of Stanchart's Int'l Grad Prog.

If you are smart and passionate about continuous self development; if you are looking for an employer that is not just concerned about getting the work done, but how you get it done; if you are looking for a long term employee-employer relationship .... then STANDARD CHARTERED is pretty much your best option in Nigeria.

I've just spent two months on the job, and I tell you, there's nothing in Nigeria to compare with it. This year, vacanies in Nigeria are in wholesale banking, human resources, and Corporate Real Estate Services. If you have the passion for any of this functions, don't hesitate to apply .... And I say in unequivocal terms, the recruitment process is ABSOLUTELY FREE & FAIR. From my experience so far in the Nigerian labour market, it's the best you can get!!!!!!!!

So guys, I wish you the best, and trust me, if you are taken by Stanchart in the IG programme, no doubt you are star. Do well to revise your SHL type of numeric and verbal questions before taking the online tests.

Cheers guys

@chris4mary i concur wit u dat d process is free and fair.please can you giv us an idea of ow long d whole recruitment process takes?tanks

@chrismary do they have an age limit?

I did the test and passed both the logical and the verbal. then i proceed to the talent hunt only for them to tell me that my talent hunt was not enough. Can you imagine........

Jst completed my logical reasoning test and was invited to complete the Numerical test. For those who av done d NRT wot shld one expect?
    G

its jst lik shl type questions.data interpretation frm graphs piecharts and tables.use a calculator and b fast.all the best

@socratestee:
    As a UK incorporated firm, Standard Chartered Bank in any country (Nigeria inclusive) does not discriminate in age, gender, nor disability!!! A blind 24 yr old female graduate and a 35 yr old crippled guy has the same opportunity as a 25 yr old physically fit guy - the emphasis is on the individual's talent and what he/she can bring to the table.

@romzyboi :
    The recruitment process lasts for approximately 12 months when all candidates are considered. The rationale is that enough time is given to accomodate the varying times of application by different candidates such that each candidate is treated separately. Once you pass all the online tests, your interview stages will commence after a shortwhile.

There are usually three interview stages :- a phone interview, and two face-to-face interviews. All you need to know about the recruitment process is on the website. Believe me bro, Stanchart is NOT your typical Naija firm that conducts recruitment exercises in an unfriendly manner!! On the contrary, Stanchart's recruitment exercise is designed in such a way that ALL that needs to be known is disclosed from day one - so there's nothing I'm telling you that is classified in nature.

So to answer your question more clearly, you might receive your employment letter (if successful) by March while another receives his/hers by July - but everyone will resume by August next year. All candidates have till 1st of June 2011 to apply, after which the recruitment exercise for the year officially ends.

Do well to prepare properly for your tests and interviews and like I said, every bit of info you need is on the website. As a matter of policy, Stanchart emphasizes on the manner results are achieved. And so we basically look for a certain caliber of Nigerians as IGs and the recruitment process is designed to fish out these unique personalities. Our core values are Couragous, Responsive, International, Creative, & Trustworthy.

If you are convinced that your core values are aligned with the above and that your intellectual capability is high, then this job is for you. There are a lot of benefits attached to this programme, and 6 weeks old in the bank, I'm beginning to have a feel of it for real.

For now, I wish you all the best and do stay focused and remember that you are always welcomed to apply next year if it doesn't work out this year.

Regards

@Rose4mary: 9ce 1. I'm really inspired.The info was so detailed.I pray I land this job
    G

@chrismary, just cool down first. that's hw it is when you first begin. but i bet u that another experience will be shared when you finish your training especially when you return to nigeria. i pray God will help you.
    best regards

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast