+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Topic: SLB Opening: "Schlumberger Engineer III- Lagos, Nigeria"

Exclamation SLB Opening: "Schlumberger Engineer III- Lagos, Nigeria"

“Schlumberger Limited is the world's leading oilfield services company supplying technology, information solutions and integrated project management that optimize reservoir performance for customers working in the oil and gas industry.”

Smith Bits is a global leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of roller cone and PDC drill bits used in oil and gas exploration. Winner of numerous awards, Smith Bits has garnered industry recognition as the world drilling record bit performance leader for nine consecutive years.

ENGINEER III

Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates with excellent technical and interpersonal skills for this key position based in Nigeria.

Main Duties:

• Continuous evaluation of bit and component performance
    • Completion of Field Run Reports on all designated Engineering Requests bits
    • Provision of measurable and benchmarked performance analysis as required
    • Preparation and submission of completed Engineering Change Requests for all prioritised bits
    • Define performance and product needs
    • Interact with design engineering through the entire design process
    • Complete the Strategic Plan and Review with relevant Managers
    • Quantify the area’s priorities
    • Utilise and collate market information to determine performance, development direction and market strategy
    • Ensure valid test for Engineering Requests bits by following test requirements
    • Communication of test requirements and Engineering Request information to the customer and sales group
    • Assist sales in selling and insertion of bits in the proper application
    • Provide supervision and rig site support for critical Engineering Request bits when required
    • Provide closure documentation on prioritised bits
    • Preparation of analysis as required and compose disposition recommendations
    • Provide feedback to Engineering and Sales groups
    • Ensure all locally modified bits are in compliance with correct engineering procedures
    • Interface with sales group and customers to resolve performance or reliability issues
    • Initiate and liaise with Reliability Engineering to resolve reliability issues
    • Complete Field Run Reports and any complaint bit
    • Present reliability reports to customers where required
    • Provide technical support to all customers and engineering and sales staff within the area including training, product development, product application knowledge, customer functions, design reviews, technical presentations, etc.
    Required skills:-
    • Degree educated in an engineering discipline such as Petroleum or Geology or educational equivalent.
    • Intermediate analytical skills.
    • Good verbal and written communication skills.
    • Good problem-solving skills.
    • Basic project management skills.
    • Sound working knowledge of principles, concepts, theories, and/or practices of applicable discipline.
    • Excellent technical acumen
    • Good team player
    • PC literate
    • Strong analytical skills

Should you wish to become part of a dynamic and innovative organisation and feel you meet the standard required please submit full CV to the e-mail address:
    [email protected]

Required Skills/Experience:
    • Intermediate analytical skills.
    • Good verbal and written communication skills.
    • Good problem-solving skills.
    • Basic project management skills.
    • Sound working knowledge of principles, concepts, theories, and/or practices of applicable discipline.
    • Excellent technical acumen
    • Good team player
    • PC literate
    • Strong analytical skill
    s

Required Qualifications:
    Degree educated in an engineering discipline such as Petroleum or Geology or educational equivalent.

Minimum Experience:
    3 years
    Advert Published:
    1 Jun 2011
    Expiry date:
    1 Jul 2011
    Schlumberger Ref. No.:
    IRC771

Remember to quote the Schlumberger Reference Number IRC771 in your correspondance to [email protected]

Re: SLB Opening: "Schlumberger Engineer III- Lagos, Nigeria"

i be wan surprise as how SLB go come use dat kind process.

una go dey do like say una get sense pass.
    1. Who told u schlum recruits only twice? well for ur info they recruit as many times as possible depending on the contracts they have. For ur info they have even called for test this month...
    Date 1: Friday June 3, 2011 (Port-Harcourt)
    Venue 1: Valley View Dorchester Hotel,17a Enugu Street, Rumubiakani Estate Port-Harcourt.
    Date 2: Saturday 18, June 2011 (Lagos)
    Venue 2: Elion House Hotel Ltd., Plot 7/8 Agbeke Totinwa Street, Dolphin Extension, Ikoyi, Lagos.
    Time: 9:00am on each day

if u want to gate crash, na u sabi.

2. Schlumberger acquired smith bits early this year( you can google it for urself), just like they acquired MI Swaco sometime last year. So my guy/guys if u're interested in applying do so. If u not qualified then no wahala.
    vkyburnz, frank919 and eclectic like this.

one more info for guys like G.O.C who are so lazy to verify information, Log in to Home, Smith Bits, Smith Services. When it opens look at the directory; it has already been linked to schlum's website. U'll see something like, Home, Smith Bits, Smith Services.
    @osa-greg: dont be lazy n follow others opinion, confirm for urself.
    vkyburnz likes this.

@Van4life, u are right. It was too early to condemn a kind posts like this. So many persons see good opportunities but never brought it to the house. @vkyburnz, thanks for the info. Smith services is for real. I submitted my CV to that email address last year for a position in Africa but was unsuccessful. We should not allow the fear of SCAM to stop us from our dream jobs. If you have the qualifications as listed don't hestitate to forward your CV. Let's be guided, the Lord is our Strength.
    vkyburnz likes this.

Seconded!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysnelsun View Post
    @Van4life, u are right. It was too early to condemn a kind posts like this. So many persons see good opportunities but never brought it to the house. @vkyburnz, thanks for the info. Smith services is for real. I submitted my CV to that email address last year for a position in Africa but was unsuccessful. We should not allow the fear of SCAM to stop us from our dream jobs. If you have the qualifications as listed don't hestitate to forward your CV. Let's be guided, the Lord is our Strength.
    vkyburnz likes this.

Hello guys, it's real! I don't scam; got all the things I need and want in super-abundance! Just trying to help all who follow this lovely forum, which is really known by my Top Connections and Recruiter friend's all around the world. If you possess the requisite skills and experience for this role, Do Well to forward your updated CV to [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.C View Post
    SCAMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,Schlumberger recruits two times a year. ie Feb and August and it is done thru the official site(Careers, Schlumberger) not thru jobless guy like smith.go to there site and uplosd ur cv to the career site.
    dont be too fast to critize. do a little research first.

Why are people so fast in calling people scam without verifying ?
    For your information I saw the advert on www.rigzone.com
    Please, give the good guys a break.

Wellbdone Vkyburnz...pls don't be discourage to post other job vacancies...

Guyz, what can i say...The job is real and i have applied.

U are very right...
    Quote Originally Posted by van4life View Post
    una go dey do like say una get sense pass.
    1. Who told u schlum recruits only twice? well for ur info they recruit as many times as possible depending on the contracts they have. For ur info they have even called for test this month...
    Date 1: Friday June 3, 2011 (Port-Harcourt)
    Venue 1: Valley View Dorchester Hotel,17a Enugu Street, Rumubiakani Estate Port-Harcourt.
    Date 2: Saturday 18, June 2011 (Lagos)
    Venue 2: Elion House Hotel Ltd., Plot 7/8 Agbeke Totinwa Street, Dolphin Extension, Ikoyi, Lagos.
    Time: 9:00am on each day

if u want to gate crash, na u sabi.

2. Schlumberger acquired smith bits early this year( you can google it for urself), just like they acquired MI Swaco sometime last year. So my guy/guys if u're interested in applying do so. If u not qualified then no wahala.

hey guys that advert is real. prepare hard as the test would be very standard. SLB recruit as many times as the need arises. usaully 3times a year. the secon drecriutment is on now and the next probably in november.

Chief P14real, you are not the Recruiting admin am sure so u can't say usually 3 times a year, cos SLB rarely did any recruitment from 2009 till early 2010 due to the low activity that even sent many employees on redundancy. Sure their recruitment is based on segment demands and E&P projections from the clients (the producing coys like SNEPCo, ADDAX, Exxon, Total and Agip).
    The advert is real, though its coming from SMITH, a company recently acquired by SLB, and i think the recruitment processes will still be Smith's way.
    I have not witnessed SMITH test before to say how it'll be anyway, cos i only started looking into their activities after the acquisition, but its worth preparing well for.
    Good luck to you guys.
    vkyburnz likes this.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast