+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Shell and shl warning

Shell and shl warning

I applied for sitp about two weeks ago with hnd. And in the next two days or so, shell sent me a text that i wasnt qualified and that i shoul wait until another one year. Just this morning i saw this mail in my mailbox from shell. Now am becoming scared. am i been impersonated or something?
    Flag this message
    Hi!
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:07 PM
    "Shell" <[email protected]>
    Add sender to Contacts
    To:
    [email protected]
    Dear Candidate,
    Shell Recruitment Group and her SHL Partner (Nigeria) will like to inform you that
    your activities are been closely monitored online and you are by this email requested to stop unauthorized distribution of SHL copy righted documents in your best interest.
    Regards
    Shell

Re: Shell and shl warning

Faithasaboro,If u know u never did what was alleged,then i would say u don't ve to be scared of any thing.Let them keep monitoring they would soon find out the culprit.But i sincerely hope u never gave ur e-mail and password to any body unknowingly ,cuz that could be a problem.There is a lot of internet vices these days one needs to be careful.I seen a case,where just by clicking on an application sent to ones mail box or even responding to certain mails,these hackers can ve access to ur password.

wow! these guys have added another dimension to the whole process, @Faith...if u have not in any way done any of the alleged, I'll say u google shl nigeria, and shell ng, mail addys, and write them, explaining and exonerate urself bro, this thing no funny at all oh!

we're with u all the way.

I remember the big broda @Sammie77 starting a thread last year abt mode of sharing test material...now I see clearly some of the points he was making back then.

@NHJobbers...after much, we go still survive, we go still excel, we go still dust shl global record, 'cos we're Nigerians and we've got the IQ and best brains any field has got to offer

What now?...I thought they had it all figured out..LOL...nothin wey we no go see

Housemates,you can practice the shl test online i believe this can go a long way in helping us since no one can post the material on the thread due to uploading problem...

YT

My advice to users of computers running on Windows is to check their the registry for keyloggers and delete such asap.

Dear Candidate,

Shell Recruitment Group and her SHL Partner (Nigeria) will like to inform you that

your activities are been closely monitored online and you are by this email requested to stop unauthorized distribution of SHL copy righted documents in your best interest.

Regards

Shell

I just saw this mail in my email,please what can i do. i never distributed shl material online or offline i just contributing to the topic.please your advice is needed as soon as possible.....

Water don pass garri OO!!

@actor.... Follow the steps as outlined above.

If I may add, my guess is that SHL and Shell may be over reacting and giving too much credit where it is not due.

By this I mean that perhaps the materials that these guys have been exposing their emails for are just the samples already available in the SHL site or fake SHL papers (I can't tell cos I have never participated in their discussion and haven't seen the docs). If that's the case you guys can try and get in touch with them and show them these materials to vindicate your selves.

But if they are the originals, well an apology might still be on course.

But I really don't understand what you guys were thinking displaying your official email addresses in NHJ. The email address I used to register in NHJ is far from my official, because as at then I didn't even know how credible the owners of NHJ were but now I know they are great lads. BI use that email address to register on any tom, and harry site and because of that I get about a thousand spam messages on that inbox per week, i don't even check it, as long as I can still login to the site I'm ok. But even tho it's my trash email I have never exposed it deliberately on this site.

My official email address which I check by the second (including spam box) gets roughly one spam mail a month (u can never keep them all out). And i use it for strictly confidential activities like applying to jobs and other important correspondence. It surprises me then how the same email that a house member used to request for materials here is the same email he/she used to apply to shell ... that's not wise at all.

If your email address is googled it would appear on this site and other forums that you have exposed it to, smart employers can use it to get more info about you and how you spend your spare time.

Heads up people!!

Cheers.

-god_speed.

Got the warning email too, i was just asking for materials which i am yet to have.

In attempt to save myself from the hotlisting, i called a close frnd having a link to SHL UK and i was shocked by his response.

He said, SHL is greatly disturbed with the rate of missing exam scripts around the world expecially in Nigeria. He further said SHL is beginning to loose its customers bcos existing customers are complaining about the high cost incurred in changing questions papers on a yearly basis. He also said SHL sample questions are also found in some psychometric books and SHL is in court with such authors. Moreso, SHL is implenting e-testing for existing and new customers. (This is true as my company use ONLY online SHL). He further explained that Esso for example had to contract DRAGNET. He also said Total, Shell,GTBank,Oando,Chevron and the notable names are all terminating SHL existing contracts.

As to why am i being hotlisted for requesting for questions, he said SHL doesnt care whetjer you have it or not and they dont even know exactly what some of these questions are, however he pointed out that people have been found circulating SHL Abstract Reasoning Questions on NHJ and .

Anyway, d koko is SHL has spy on NHJ and other recruitment sites who are Nigerians like ourselves. Owners of NHJ may face serious copyright lawsuit. To think the site owners cannot be traced is like deceiving oneself. Recall GSM numbers are now registered in naija and whois (DNS) details including contacts can be released by domain registrants incase of lawsuits. Thses pple can as well work with NHJ owner to track IPs of people and if u ever use ur email on serious applications, you can be traced.

So as for me, i handoff.

@Kuns4real...9ice job diging out all these relevant info, my take on it is this...SHL ought not to take it out on NHJ, because on this site, it's been reiterated time without number since late last year that apt test materials should not be distributed on this site.
    @DVT el all Super Admins, I guess u have to make a 'screaming' and very 'shouty' disclaimer for some of the actions or even all actions of members, make this thing easy for urself.....we can't afford to loose NHJ
    @all members: in as much as I cannot vouch for all, I still believe we have some Nigerian youths who can still beat any testing system d clean way, paper based, CBT, online, etc.
    Yes the system as we have it may not be fair, in that some people get these 'dumps' b4 others, no matter what is said or done, they still get the 'dumps' and this gives them an edge over the rest of us, but we've got the brains, this is evident in how we perform when we go for studies abroad...we dey rep 9ja wella!
    So guys we may have to give NHJ a brk with respect to the whole 'dumps' stuff, google what u can, download d free versions...so as not to be under unnecessary issues, because WHOIS dey function effectively. When we meet ourselves at any 'event'; test, assessment day, interview, trainings, etc, we can always share ideas to move one another forward.
    @NHJobbers...we'll keep moving forward, but lets do all we can to ensure we stay afloat, and also ensure NHJ stays on for generatioNext! of job seekers.
    One love guys

change your password in your best interest....nosoko
    n

+ Reply