+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 24 of 205 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree398Likes

Topic: Shell Recruitment 2012

Re: Shell Recruitment 2012

@clever2008: applications will normally go through an automated screening process. It could be that there is a criteria that you do not meet, i.e. NYSC passing out year, Age etc. OR whoever is on the receiving end after the screening keeps seeing the same name and is rejecting your applications.

If it is the latter, the easiest way out will be to use a middle name and re-apply. Either way, I will suggest you give the applications a rest for now, and re-apply in a couple of days (if you still insist).

All the best, and Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by msteef87 View Post
    @clever2008: applications will normally go through an automated screening process. It could be that there is a criteria that you do not meet, i.e. NYSC passing out year, Age etc. OR whoever is on the receiving end after the screening keeps seeing the same name and is rejecting your applications.

If it is the latter, the easiest way out will be to use a middle name and re-apply. Either way, I will suggest you give the applications a rest for now, and re-apply in a couple of days (if you still insist).

All the best, and Good Luck!
    PS - this is only MY opinion oh!

Senior Member boshemann@gmail.com's Avatar

@2goo: if U checked my comment carefully, U'd nt find narrowmindedness!
    It's easy to be angry at d situation, but I put it to U, RAW TALENT in Nigeria, beats dat in Netherlands! & if nt for foreign policy situation in European countries, many Nigerians wld wrk dere...
    So I'm saying: Shell doesnt call U for SRD based on your qualifications, but based on ur success in the Shell Test! dat's all!

Senior Member boshemann@gmail.com's Avatar

& I seriously think that age isnt an issue with shell

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    @2goo: if U checked my comment carefully, U'd nt find narrowmindedness!
    It's easy to be angry at d situation, but I put it to U, RAW TALENT in Nigeria, beats dat in Netherlands! & if nt for foreign policy situation in European countries, many Nigerians wld wrk dere...
    So I'm saying: Shell doesnt call U for SRD based on your qualifications, but based on ur success in the Shell Test! dat's all!
    Another ignorant post. Who have written the test in Nigeria before you talk about SRD? Is it not after shortlisting that you will write test. Also for your info, I did my BSC in Nigeria (UNILAG) in Engineering and trust me the education in Nigeria is not close to anything you have in any European country including the talent you talk about.
    I am pretty sure from your response you have not studied outside Nigeria and have this narrow minded view that Nigerians are the smartest and the best everywhere. You need to go to a multicultural and multinational environment where you have the Indians, Chinese and others to know that assumption is wrong. There are smart Nigerians but nothing close to the picture you all paint. The only reason why Nigerians appear to apply so much to the oil and gas industry is because most other industries are dead in Nigeria and even the once that are not dead pay far less than what the oil companies pay in Nigeria. In Europe/ America most companies pays reasonable well that you dont need to be in the oil and gas industry to make good money.

Abeg house make we hear word, a lot of us here studied abroad too and we all knw how things work...if u r not successful in ur application, it mean that u did not meet their requirements..period!!..Each continent have thier own criteria based on many factors best known to them...from personal experience total recruitment process in Europe is much different from total recruitment in Naija...so peeps lets not start all this online war ..it makes no sense..
    Ufuoma77, Triple-C, tunaxt and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-C View Post
    @Bduke...please go ahead and apply, decision was made on ur application the very day it read "shortlisted", so by all means apply cause it ends on the 14th, which is in two days time
    Thanks Boss!! But my regret mail came on Aug. 1, 2011 after I attended SRD. Am thinking that must have been the final outcome! Or isn't it?
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by dollben View Post
    Abeg house make we hear word, a lot of us here studied abroad too and we all knw how things work...if u r not successful in ur application, it mean that u did not meet their requirements..period!!..Each continent have thier own criteria based on many factors best known to them...from personal experience total recruitment process in Europe is much different from total recruitment in Naija...so peeps lets not start all this online war ..it makes no sense..

@Dollben, GOD bless u sir.

which kind thing come be this one naah! @2goo & @boshemann abeg leave this matter make e rest, the amount of foreign degree wey dey naija XS, so that one no b criteria again, make una leave dat side.

Instead, lets channel our energy into making this year count for good. the year is still young, but before one knows what is going on, it will be August, then September, and October, by that time, every starts marking time again. Brother, lets make this year count.

your shining does not in any way affect my shining, nor does mine hinder yours, the sky is too big for two birds to clash, so we can all succeed this year, but that can only be, when we put our house in order and help one another make significant achievements this year.

It is only goats, cows, etc that will always struggle for every little space they see, because they are "down", highliers like the eagle knows better, they understand that every one of them can fly at the same time, and that is y, u see them lifting up one of their own when he is down or injured.

GUYS, IN MY OPINION, I WOULD SAY, LETS MAKE IT COUNT. thanks
    gzl, Ufuoma77 and storckTL87 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by K2mature View Post
    Thanks dollen........u really did solve a problem...............mine reads application received now!
    Application under Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Bduke View Post
    Thanks Boss!! But my regret mail came on Aug. 1, 2011 after I attended SRD. Am thinking that must have been the final outcome! Or isn't it?
    Cheers.
    as at last week if u had tried applying, U would have noticed that the system still has your record of last yr's application. But after one yr, the system allows u to apply.

My Take: apply, and leave them to sort out when the final or not was.

all d best

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-C View Post
    @Dollben, GOD bless u sir.

which kind thing come be this one naah! @2goo & @boshemann abeg leave this matter make e rest, the amount of foreign degree wey dey naija XS, so that one no b criteria again, make una leave dat side.

Instead, lets channel our energy into making this year count for good. the year is still young, but before one knows what is going on, it will be August, then September, and October, by that time, every starts marking time again. Brother, lets make this year count.

your shining does not in any way affect my shining, nor does mine hinder yours, the sky is too big for two birds to clash, so we can all succeed this year, but that can only be, when we put our house in order and help one another make significant achievements this year.

It is only goats, cows, etc that will always struggle for every little space they see, because they are "down", highliers like the eagle knows better, they understand that every one of them can fly at the same time, and that is y, u see them lifting up one of their own when he is down or injured.

GUYS, IN MY OPINION, I WOULD SAY, LETS MAKE IT COUNT. thanks
    Bros sorry no vex. I just got a call just now that the Interview I did in Maersk Oil Copenhagen, Denmark last week was successful and have been given a place in the MITAS program as a Drilling Engineer to be based in Denmark, so make we no continue this argument because na happiness I dey so now.
    Good luck to all of you for your Shell Nigerian job.
    Ufuoma77 and Triple-C like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2goo View Post
    Bros sorry no vex. I just got a call just now that the Interview I did in Maersk Oil Copenhagen, Denmark last week was successful and have been given a place in the MITAS program as a Drilling Engineer to be based in Denmark, so make we no continue this argument because na happiness I dey so now.
    Good luck to all of you for your Shell Nigerian job.
    Congrats bro! May tesimonies like this saturate naijahotjobs this year,in Jesus name. Amen!
    Ufuoma77, Triple-C and iCantShout like this.

@2goo....u r just a typical naija brain...i dont want to sound sarcastic but ur very last comment is not called for...for crying out loud..most people comenting here have very good jobs and others dont, peeps here are no riff raffs so i dont c y u should be displaying this act of childishness...who knws if u r just day dreaming?...anyways goodluck.
    Ufuoma77 and Triple-C like this.

+ Reply