+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 107 of 205 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,379 to 1,391 of 2656
Like Tree398Likes

Topic: Shell Recruitment 2012

Re: Shell Recruitment 2012

House plz calm down, it is well!

Its now or never. I pass a motion that ugochima should be evicted from this great forum. Admin, action!

no be me go carry last.... SHELL I'M ALREADY THERE. IJN, HOLY GHOST FIRE, AMEN

Shell i am already there this 2012 IJN .... Amen

Guys guys, we r gradually turning this thread into a church of a sort, in as much as faith talk is good...I would rather we put that faith to work, and make it a living faith, cos faith without works is dead.

Start preparing your presentation slides for SRD, start reading up on Assessment Centers, and the diff types of activities carried out that day, visit different recruiting consulting sites like www.thomasinternational.net and lay your hands on their practice materials for in-tray exercises and team work et al. Put that faith of your to positive work.

Thanks guys

Please anyone with more concrete info as to the status of the recruitment process
    solidarehome and Vityno like this.

@Triple-C! @Triple-C!! @Triple-C!!! How many times did I call U? In short, UTM. Thanks so much for that candid advice. No other better time to prepare than now. God bless U.
    U knw what? I see U and I in the same office as shell staffs by the end of this recruitment exercise.
    Triple-C likes this.

Hi Triple-C! Could you please give some insight on what to expect at the SRD? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by storckTL87 View Post
    Hi Triple-C! Could you please give some insight on what to expect at the SRD? Thanks.
    SRD starts with the ice breaker...which is like getting to meet you all kinda thing mixed with light refreshment; tea coffee and small chop! Break Fast things, lol

Then an in-tray/role playing exercise, where you are assistant manager of a fictitious SHELL facility, d Aduki field (If I can still recall...I think I am right), you will be given a case study background of the field etc. You have about 19 mails form diff peeps, Govt, Staff, Regulatory agencies, host community etc each demanding your attention.

Your facility has its own issues, safety, reliability etc, and all this are in the 19 memos, letters and communiques. You are to put forward a plan to action out the mails in the order you think is most appropriate. And depending on what you thing has the most priority, The shell employees in the presentation of the role playing/in-tray exercise will ask you questions from the shell recruitment bible, lol. WHich I think has a set of questions for what ever you think are the most important things regarding this facility.

After this you will have two group activities, first you go in with another candidate and debate on a set of project, merits, demerits et al, each person defending his/her position, but you have to come to a compromise at a particular time, and agree on on project for your group.

This you now come and compete for the same budget/money with another group who will also come with their own project all for the same limited finance. smae thing goes on, and here my friend, you will see the true nature of the human mind, people pulling down other just to climb (forgetting that some people come to SRD in a particular day and no one is taken, and others on their own day everyone is taken...its all about team spirit, even though in a team everyone doesn't perform at the same capacity, yet it is all about the team working capacity).

Here the shell staff comes to interrupt you at times, and issue new set of rules, instructions and breaking news, that will effectively change the dynamics of the bargain, lol. an interesting watch...but only if you are on the other side.

After this one, you go in for the last batch of activities for the day which is a technical presentation for 15 mins after which you will have a 45 mins session of technical interview mixed with managerial type interview.

After this, stage...you go and continue the prayers and preparation still (Not putting all your eggs in one basket, but putting it in a FEW baskets and watching them closely). SO keep praying and keep preparing for other company's recruitment, cos I'd rather have the problem of too many choices than none at all.

After the storm comes the calm...those who are still standing by the end of the process gets invited for medicals, and voila!!! You are now a shell employee.

SO lemme say congratulations to those that will make it to this stage, its lots of hard work and self-confidence...I promise you this.
    iluobe_bo, dynamo1, gzl and 3 others like this.

God bless you Triple-C. You are engraced. On the presentation slides, are they going to give us topics to present?

Quote Originally Posted by gabbygabo View Post
    God bless you Triple-C. You are engraced. On the presentation slides, are they going to give us topics to present?
    Not at all bro, but they will advise you to come with something related to your undergraduate project

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-C View Post
    SRD starts with the ice breaker...which is like getting to meet you all kinda thing mixed with light refreshment; tea coffee and small chop! Break Fast things, lol

Then an in-tray/role playing exercise, where you are assistant manager of a fictitious SHELL facility, d Aduki field (If I can still recall...I think I am right), you will be given a case study background of the field etc. You have about 19 mails form diff peeps, Govt, Staff, Regulatory agencies, host community etc each demanding your attention.

Your facility has its own issues, safety, reliability etc, and all this are in the 19 memos, letters and communiques. You are to put forward a plan to action out the mails in the order you think is most appropriate. And depending on what you thing has the most priority, The shell employees in the presentation of the role playing/in-tray exercise will ask you questions from the shell recruitment bible, lol. WHich I think has a set of questions for what ever you think are the most important things regarding this facility.

After this you will have two group activities, first you go in with another candidate and debate on a set of project, merits, demerits et al, each person defending his/her position, but you have to come to a compromise at a particular time, and agree on on project for your group.

This you now come and compete for the same budget/money with another group who will also come with their own project all for the same limited finance. smae thing goes on, and here my friend, you will see the true nature of the human mind, people pulling down other just to climb (forgetting that some people come to SRD in a particular day and no one is taken, and others on their own day everyone is taken...its all about team spirit, even though in a team everyone doesn't perform at the same capacity, yet it is all about the team working capacity).

Here the shell staff comes to interrupt you at times, and issue new set of rules, instructions and breaking news, that will effectively change the dynamics of the bargain, lol. an interesting watch...but only if you are on the other side.

After this one, you go in for the last batch of activities for the day which is a technical presentation for 15 mins after which you will have a 45 mins session of technical interview mixed with managerial type interview.

After this, stage...you go and continue the prayers and preparation still (Not putting all your eggs in one basket, but putting it in a FEW baskets and watching them closely). SO keep praying and keep preparing for other company's recruitment, cos I'd rather have the problem of too many choices than none at all.

After the storm comes the calm...those who are still standing by the end of the process gets invited for medicals, and voila!!! You are now a shell employee.

SO lemme say congratulations to those that will make it to this stage, its lots of hard work and self-confidence...I promise you this.
    Thank you very much! May God really bless you..

Quote Originally Posted by storckTL87 View Post
    Thank you very much! May God really bless you..
    Amen, and God bless you and gabbygabo too

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-C View Post
    Amen, and God bless you and gabbygabo too
    Just to clarify please - what do you mean by "shell recruitment bible", I've seen on some months back that theres some document on Shells website that candidates are adviced to read? Also, by "technical interview", are you referring to a discipline based interview? Thanks again.

+ Reply