+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: shell and industriail safety ins

shell and industriail safety ins

i saw an advert in a national daily abt a safety course organized by shell in conjunction wit industrial safety inst.it is a 3day worth n55000.i am not sure abt the authenticity,guys will it enhance my employ-ability.really need a advice.thanks

Re: shell and industriail safety ins

Guy is nt ur certificate matas.is wat u hav in ur brain matas ok. Dia ar elot of places u can obtain safety profesional program certificate ok.dat is less.wat oil and gas want nowadays is skills graduate ok

guy,i hear u bt u dey vex oo

@Zymbol, it depends on what you applying for, if u happen to apply for the position of a safety officer in any industry without you being HSE certified, I doubt if u'd get the job, but there are situations thats other positions in an industry where even if u're not certified, they send u for the training and pay. I dont really know where u're headed to i.e career wise but if you have the fund, I dont think there is problem with u getting certified and I'll recommend u do that at the Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals.

Guy, your certificates matters a lot. Your certificates/qualifications will be considered before what you have upstairs. It will only be an irony that you have several training's/qualifications and don't have anything upstairs. When you have both, the heaven is your limit. So, I will advise you go for more (recognized) training's that will give you the needed edge. If you are a beginner, you can start with Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals but if you have done that then NEBOSH is the next. Although, NEBOSH is very expensive except you have a sponsor. I started with all the preliminary courses and now I am a safety manager in my organisation. The salary is ok but because I am not satisfied, I have done NEBOSH IGC and will be doing NEBOSH IOG in few weeks from now. These will open more and better opportunities.

+ Reply