+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: PTDF SUPPLEMENTARY LIST

PTDF SUPPLEMENTARY LIST

Just saw this on the PTDF site.

THE PTDF IS INVITING THE UNDERLISTED CANDIDATES WHO SAT FOR THE OVERSEAS SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME’S APTITUDE TEST BUT COULD NOT MEET THE REQUIRED MARK TO BE SELECTED FOR OVERSEAS SPONSORSHIP TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SELECTION PROCESS FOR SPONSORSHIP TO AFRICA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY ABUJA IN MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMME FOR A DURATION OF EIGHTEEN MONTHS.

CANDIDATES ARE TO REPORT AT FOLLOWING ADDRESS WITH THEIR WRITING MATERIALS.

KM 10, AIRPORT ROAD GALADIMAWA, ABUJA. AT 8AM ON THE 7 MAY 2010
    For full list, visit http://www.ptdf.gov.ng/index.php?opt...=137&Itemid=27

Re: PTDF SUPPLEMENTARY LIST

The way wonders spring up in dis great country like mushroom is amazing. What is d meaning of this? Who r they fooling? Wasn't there a quota for d local scholarship award! How come they can suddenly accommodate more bc of a little NOISE some concern members made. If what everybody was to make d noise, den d walls of ptdf would have collapsed! When has it ever happened dat one applied for overseas scholarship, wrote d exams passed/failed and is later awarded local scholarship? What is d bases for calling them if they actually didn't make d list? NONSENSE!

wonders they say can't end............. I tot they was a quota..... ok because of the petition pips made....... i noticed too that some states were no represente on that list.... lik ondo, plateau, bauchi......Congrats to those in this list 30000 dollars fully paid for no b small money oh... more expensive than som skool in th uk.

@aragon

Don't think it is the noise you made here that made them consider this option.

I never intended commenting...but I cant bottle it up anymore THE SYSTEM STINKS! IT'S DECAYED TERRIBLY ROTTEN...I reserve my rest comments.

God Have Mercy On Us!

Whatever their reasons are for popping up this idea, i dont know but I see this as another channel to siphon money by the PTDF guys.

Since the candidates are required to write a test for AUST, what happens to those that will fail the test?

What also happens to the budget of those that will fail the test?

@sbmee
    I didn't say I made any noise, ppl did, and it wasn't jst here. Well, no point cos I doubt if u were here from d begining. As for what they've done, it is still baseless anyway.

@aragon,

I am not trying to excuse ptdf - I have never benefited from them - but one can understand where they are coming from. It is increasingly becoming more expensive to sponsor people overseas and they are trying to reduce the number of people sent overseas. If you remember the uproar and followed the news about proposed amendments to the Fed Univ of Petroleum Effurun Delta state (former PTI) and the Institute of Petroleum Studies Kaduna last year when Lukman was still Petroleum minister, you will understand why they are introducing this scheme.

Mark my words, ptdf is gradually phasing out overseas sponsorship for local sponsorship and it may not be up to 10 years when they will complete the process. I am not speaking from an insider's view (I am not) but you can always remember my words in the coming years.

About making noise, It only takes the grace of God and a whole and collective voice of Nigerians to change certain course(s) - like the 3rd term agenda and Yaradua - Goodluck presidency brouhaha. The voice of a few people that cried foul cannot change things yet in Nigeria unless we move to the next level. So many people are walking even with all the atrocities they committed so

@sbmee...

How exactly can we move to the next level?

When we make comments and suggestions we should also add a comment on how to achieve the said comments cos theres really no point saying something and not giving an idea how. Everybody (even a mad man) can comment and say "we need to move to the next level" but we forget that sharing the idea is far better than showing we have an idea.

Nobody (bloody) cares what ptdf does in 10 years. Na only them go write their new test cos I can sense they may not have everyone on that list to come over for the test cos they are people working at Schlumberger, Baker Hughes, Sahara Group, etc on that list who can not afford to drop their jobs (except granted an 18-month study leave) to study for a masters in Nigeria, regardless of the school. Except its gonna be a part-time study (since its 18 months).

Moreover, most talents who put in for ptdf dont just want to further their studies but do so abroad and in a more organised environment where the technological improvements will really take place and for proper 'packaging', not school in naija again where they went through fire and brimstone to get those grades.

Well said Lenski5a...its another avenue for 'picking', maybe meant for the aggrieved staff who didnt get to sell a single slot.

Good luck guys! I no go!!!
    Perseverance, Persistence and faith in GOD is all i need.

gzl

@all those on the new list; all I have to say is "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold."
    I'm not trying to discourage you but to challenge you. I wish you success!
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

+ Reply