+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: PTDF SCHOLARSHIP....NOT BASED ON MERIT

PTDF SCHOLARSHIP....NOT BASED ON MERIT

I DONT KNOW WHEN WE WILL START DOING THINGS THE RIGHT WAY IN THIS COUNTRY. WHEN ARE WE GOING TO BE GIVEN FAIR TREATMENT, WE CHILDREN OF THE MASSES AND THE LESS PRIVILAGED? I KNOW OF A GUY WHO DIDNT EVEN WRITE THE TEST AND HIS NAME IS OUT. WE WERE SUPPOSE TO WRITE IN THE SAME CENTRE IN MAIDUGURI AND HE CUDNT COME FROM LAGOS COS DIA WAS NO FLIGHT DUE TO THE SAND STORM THAT TOOK PLACE THEN, ALL THOSE WHO WERE DIA CAN ATTEST TO THAT, BUT HE IS A BENEFICIARY TODAY. YOU CALL DIS FUCKING STUFF BASED ON MERIT GOD WILL PUNISH ALL OF YOU THAT PROVIDED THE ROOM FOR THIS KIND OF IRREGULARITY TO TAKE PLACE. I AM VERY SAD BECAUSE I HAD TO SPEND MONEY FOR BOTH TRANSPORTATION AND ACCOMODATION, I STUDIED VERY HARD YET I FAILED AND ONE BLOODY BAGGER GOT IT.

Re: PTDF SCHOLARSHIP....NOT BASED ON MERIT

RETIRED CORPER...I AM IN SEARCH OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO WILL SUPPORT MY BID TO PUT UP A PETITION TO THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY.

READ THE OTHER POSTS ON PTDF AND SEE WHAT I'M PLANNING TO DO.

IF YOU HAVE THE NAME OF THE GUY PLEASE FORWARD IT TO ME PRIVATELY AND IT WILL BE ONE FACT ADDED TO THE OTHERS WE WILL INCLUDE IN OUR LETTER.

I WILL GATHER LIKE MINDS LIKE YOU AND I AND MAKE SURE WE START SOMETHING THAT EVENTHOUGH WE CANT FINISH THIS YEAR, MIGHT SLOW DOWN THE RIGGING PROCESS NEXT YEAR AND WITH TIME GOD MIGHT JUST ANSWER OUR PRAYERS REGARDING EDUCTION/SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED IN NIGERIA, AND OTHER ISSUES OF NATIONAL CONCERN.
    Perseverance, Persistence and faith in GOD is all i need.

peaceofpeace... I like people like you that correct injustice.... or at least try......
    they are a lot of unanswered questions... I wonder why kalu otisi that is so quick to write has not said anything.... Its obvious that alot of fraud took place..... I saw people with 2.2 no experience.... people without nysc discharge... people that didn't even write the exam..... I also saw some good students too...... but how I my sure they too dint follow up.... its kinda complicated.... To put forward a good defence for your case... first of all you need to call for the results.... wonder why a computer base exam wont hav results. at least JAMB with over 5 million candidates can get results out in one week? Its a shame too that the results didn't come out on the day of the exam...... even if you call for the result how are we sure someone that scored 80% wont be given 8%... or someone with 8, 80%.
    Secondly, I think you should compare those shortlisted to write and those that were shortlisted for the scholarship... that way you can eliminate those were not shortlisted yet got the scholarship...... In truth the chances are slim.... but try.

The plan of action is to gather more facts, and do a detailed letter to ptdf with all our querries and concerns.

That same letter will be copied to all anti-corruption agencies that we can get (local and international), the Natiobal Assembly, the presidency, and all media houses (TV, Radio and Papers).

The aim is to make sure the noise is loud enough for Nigerians and the presidency to hear and pick an interest, thereby placing ptdf on the spot light and under strict scrutiny.

Assuming they can cook up lies to cover up their mess, it would have been a worthy action because next time, with much scrutiny all scholarship selection processes will be shaken for the better. Even commonwealth this year was 99 corrupt and it might interest you to know that while candidates were being asked to await replies to their interviews, names were being sent to the UK office for ratification. I personally wrote their office in UK condemning the scheme for allowing Nigerians have a 100% control of the selection and the reply I got was that they will have a more closer look at it subsequently.
    The negative part of that action is the fact that as a Nigerian I had condemned my country's reputation in terms of fairness in selection but looking at the bigger picture, if its done correctly then we can all say "yes, the best were chosen".

Ladies and gentlemen...I am 100% ready to start the move that could give us hope for the future...if I have your support then it would be easier to get this voice loud enough.

God bless!

Quote Originally Posted by retired corper
    WE WERE SUPPOSE TO WRITE IN THE SAME CENTRE IN MAIDUGURI AND HE CUDNT COME FROM LAGOS COS DIA WAS NO FLIGHT DUE TO THE SAND STORM THAT TOOK PLACE THEN, ALL THOSE WHO WERE DIA CAN ATTEST TO THAT, BUT HE IS A BENEFICIARY TODAY.
    I feel ur pain but b4 u quickly draw ur conclusions,
    Have u taken time to find out if this ghost candidate took the test in Lagos?
    There were many candidates that couldnt make it to abuja bcos of the "cancelled Flight" issue. From what I heard, they were allowed to take the test in Lagos and other centres close to them. This was even announced in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by lettheliteshine
    Its obvious that alot of fraud took place..... I saw people with 2.2 no experience.... people without nysc discharge... people that didn't even write the exam.....
    How are u so sure d guys with 2.2 had no experience?
    How are u so sure the other guys don't have NYSC certificates (real or fake)?

On another thread, someone said he saw the question papers b4 the exam but couldn't still make the list, Does getting the questions guarantee that one gets the right answers?

I know I sound like a dissident here with all these questions but these are the exact questions that would be asked by any panel that intends to look into the PTDF fraud. If substantial evidences cannot be provided, all these words and petitions would be thrown away as mere ramblings of a few disgruntled losers.

I still maintain that this first list isn't the problem cos it would be most likely based on merit. The main focus should be on the unpublished list of candidates that would complete the number to 450-500 as publicized by PTDF.

@lenski5A, you sure sound like a dissident but from your reputation i kno u re not....
    Stop asking such questions cos we kno that things like that will be considered before instituting such an accusation..' wat i think p...o...p is saying is that lets make a lot of noise about this perceived injustice to forestall future occurrence.... You as a person wouldn't beat your chest that 90% of dt list was on merit....
    As for commonwealth we all kno that one is always marred wit corrupt practises....
    p...o...p i 'd like to kno how we can go about get this right. Thanks

I know of many indigent students who got the scholarship without knowing even a guard or gateman at the PTDF. We should downplay this mindset of injustice and corruption just to justify our shortcoming. In a rating exam,a candidate should put in all his best and not expect others to fail so that he can pass. If you sincerely pass the PTDF or cinfores cannot say you have fail. The example of those who do not know anybody but were granted the scholarship can testify to this. for the man who claim to have sco

@ those dat failed.
    You guys should b pissed about failing instead of lossing sleep over those dat made the cut due to connections.
    Yep u made a 2.1 or 1st class in sch but being a local champion wont guarrantee a slot in a national exam. There are many local champions too u know.
    If ur folks had d leg i bet u wouldnt mind being helped. "na 4 poor man mouth wey stout bitter".
    Move on suckers and step ur game up...Readn game, runsing game...watever.
    I have d feeling, from those short listed, most of dem deserve it. It doesnt matter if d list jumps to 182,000 in Abuja. As long as d real scholars are included, im ok.
    At least d losers hv excuses 4 their parents..."eh, eh, i even saw sum1 wit 2.2 dat passed. Eh, eh, my pal dint write d xam but passed..." Get a life people. Study harder.

@Siesy or is it Sissy?

You didn't need to insult house members by calling them suckers just to make your point.

You have till tuesday to put up an apology on this blog or think up ways of being able to post comments on this site, hence forth.

Mr. Fine boy
    Its not sissy, its SiÉsy.
    It says u r a global moderator so im guessing u r smart, unless u r an imposter.
    D word SUCKER has several meanings. D only 1 dat makes sense in this topic (which is d 1 i intended by d way) is - "a gullible or easily deceived person" [Oxford Dictionary] and its not a derogatory word neither.
    Dude, is that in line with d way d word was used?
    U nid to fault me on sumtin else to make me apologise, meanwhile, apologise to me. I wont give u any dead line 4 dat tho.
    It is wat it is!

While it is inevitable to feel frustrated cos one dint qualify, it will be wise not to be too sentimental about it. It is very possible dat there was a lot of riggin and malpractices, but how do we know who is telling the truth from who is only blabbing out of annoyance? What @Lensky5a said makes perfect sense. Let us (esp @Peaceofpeace, who would supposely lead) not to simply accept wat sum1 says only cos it supports our point. Worse, to start thinkin of using such unsubstantiated points 4 evidence. It is good to fight a just course, no doubt, but what if we are only holding a toy gun? Imagine the humiliation. As a matter of fact, i knw a number of guys who succeeded, altho they knw no one. Let's all reflect wat we wrote in the test. If we are sure beyond reasonable doubt dat we did better dan d awardees, then lets gather our facts wisely (GIGO) and fight. After all, no one will fight for us. One love!
    he who leaves everything in God's Hand shall surely see God's Hand in everythin he does

Ladies and Gentlemen...you've all made great sense with your comments and I appreciate your concern and means of making the situation calm cos like humans we're all pacifiable.

After starting a draft write-up I intended to share with the house, with the step-by-step guidance of a close relative (a SAN), I made a few calls to family for a confirmation of my proposed actions...and I was asked to rescind from it. It probably wasn't for me (or any of us who missed out...legally or illegally).

I personally wouldn't buy into that discouraging advice but 'family is family' and I still have my eyes totally set on the bigger picture (as I wish everyone else) and that picture is totally independent of whether or not I/we get sponsored by ptdf. However, our collective efforts to making sure the next one is 100% fair should be a very 'cognizant ONE' because no matter how much we forget, it's our future that's being threatened here.

It is so hard to say all I've said considering the energy we all directed towards condemning the process...but in as much as 'I have agreed to back down' from the action, I still have my hopes high for things greater...far greater I must add. That should be the same for everyone else...I pray.

After all said (and done)...THIS IS MY SUBMISSION!!!

God bless!!!

Dear All,
    I support lenski5a,
    my take is that in as much as we condemn any corruption or injustice that may have occurred in the selection process, I still believe that what will be will certainly be. you must have substantial/concrete evidence to oppose anyone on this.
    Note that in this world anything can happen and we must accept it the way they are. I completely feel bad when people use the clause "It is not my portion" If it is not fit to be yours, then who deserves it
    most of us feel unhappy about this issue not only because we did not make it but because we think our GOLDEN FUTURE lies only with PTDF. why must it be so Your future lies solely in the Hands of the Creator of Heaven and Earth and PTDF is just a channel and there are other numerous channels.
    Let us forge ahead and believe that if we are good better times will certainly come. I once used to say in University days that it is not all 1st class candidates that will board a 1st class planes (my proverb)

successful or not successful,Life goes on...
    meanwhile, I thank the Almighty and I felicitate with all on that list who made it genuinely(both members of this honorable House and 5 of my University class mates including my humble self) and say Thumbs up.

Shalom!
    S

+ Reply