+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: PTDF: past questions on mechanical, production & pipeline engineering

PTDF: past questions on mechanical, production & pipeline engineering

I jst checked d related courses to the one i applied for (thermal energy) and found d aforementioned courses, i studied industrial physics and had no inclination to mechanical engr, pls anyone wit d past questions on this courses shld pls help me or better stil, d topics i shld narrow my studies to, uncle sammie, ozone e.t.c. pls i cnt study d whole of mechanical engr courses in 2months. pls am in a dilenma

Re: PTDF: past questions on mechanical, production & pipeline engineering

Well with your background in Industrial Physics, you would do well in the Energy section of the Exam, and besides were you to prepare for mechanical, you don't need to read courses in mechanical engr, you would still have to keep Strong to your Industrial Physics base, that would suffice. A friend of mine read Mathematics 1st degree, he had no choice but to sit for mech. Engr, he passed the exam to study in Nigeria.

I think you should have a strong hold on your Industrial Physics courses as it relates to Energy, thermodynamics,.... and so forth.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by dee2ydeex
    Well with your background in Industrial Physics, you would do well in the Energy section of the Exam, and besides were you to prepare for mechanical, you don't need to read courses in mechanical engr, you would still have to keep Strong to your Industrial Physics base, that would suffice. A friend of mine read Mathematics 1st degree, he had no choice but to sit for mech. Engr, he passed the exam to study in Nigeria.

I think you should have a strong hold on your Industrial Physics courses as it relates to Energy, thermodynamics,.... and so forth.

Cheers.
    @dee2ydeex
    I totally disagree with u. Someone opting for Thermal engineer in PTDF should be reading PURE AND UNDILUTED MECHANICAL ENGR stuff ONLY. Thermal falls in the same category with mechanical and pipeline engr and the questions are purely mechanical.

I sad for mech/pipe/thermal p eng last year n d truth is dat u need to have mech engr knowledge to be able to pass. Beside question relating to thermo are not more than 3 or so. I suggest u start reading mech courses or u look else where or just give a trial to prove

OK @ monte_mnena,
    That you applied for thermal option but during the test there was the mechanical/manufacturing option for the test and Thermal option for the test, which you were to choose one.

I think the big question is where you would score more. I would advise you don't throw away your Industrial Physics base, and also read some general mech Engr courses as well.

I don't see a wide gap between Industrial Physics and Mech Engr. Our makeups are similar. Cheers

Thanks lenskia, dee2ydeex n josh 11, i really appreciate. @dee2ydeex, what i get frm wat dey are sayin is dat u r nt givin an option to choose btw mech n thermal questions 2 answer, since dey fal into same option, u r expected 2 attempt al d questions, @josh 11, i get u, am goin to try it out dis yr, maybe next yr i'll b wiser. Since u wrote last yr, where do u tink i shld concentrate more ön, classical, solid, fluid mechanics e.t.c. I blv it wil go a long way. Once again, tanx 2 y'all

I sugest u concentrate on fluit mechanics, all mechanics aspect of physics i.e dynamics. note dat 80% of last year question ar on general mech engr and manufacturing. I dont know if this may change this year

+ Reply