+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: PTDF OSS ends 2013

PTDF OSS ends 2013

It is no longer news that in the spirit of cutting costs,our dear PTDF has woken up to say 'no more overseas scholarship' come 2013. The focus now is towards upgrading research facilities in some of our universities and retrainning of profs overseas to meet up wt d advancement out there. Consequently, the local scholarship would be boosted and more scholars admitted. What is ur candid opinion?

Re: PTDF OSS ends 2013

The purpose of the PTDF OSS has since been defeated because many of the beneficiaries NEVER return to Nigeria; and the few that return(ed) remained jobless even after they have completed their masters degree studies.
    F

It is a good thing that the PTDF is starting to look inward by upgrading the standard of our local institution and improve our local high level manpower.
    I do not agree with Kenyy that the purpose of the scholarship is defeated, dont be caustic, even the best schemes do have shortcomes but there are many benefiaries that have returned home after their scholarship and are contributting to the country. I can say this because I am one of them and I can list many others.
    I completed an Msc with distiction in Building Services Engineering from Loughborough university on 11 Sept 2009 and I returned back to Nigeria on the 17th of Sept and got a lecturing job with a Nigerian university on 18 Nov. Loughborough university offered me a PhD scholarship and my university allows me to proceed on a study fellowship for the duration of my study with effect from 4th January 2010 and I intends to return immidiatly after to continue with my teaching job.
    Yet I agree that it will do us more good if we focuss on improving our trainnig facilities and manpower rather than spending fortune to train our students in the UK.

Quick one for u Prof Madanju, u were d only guy leaving for your Univ d day you traveled back in '08 amidst scholars for mainly 2 other universities?...

things are getting interesting!!! wow!!! Vision 2025 can be achieved if PTDF can begin spending the high amounts to send people overseas to improve the universities in Nigeria.

Junior Member makavelli_kamikaze's Avatar

The aim of ptdf has been defeated my man. more than 60% dont have jobs. I'm telling u, I know them.

If PTDF like make dem xtend am to 2050,my 1 kobo dem no go see chop.

Apart from the fact that its aim has been defeated, the PTDF stuff is a bunch of trash. The process is unfair cos usually select their children for the scheme. The just concluded process tells it all.
    "It is while smitting that one becomes blacksmith"

madanju can U send me ur email @ [email protected]. I've something 2 ask. Thanks

ndz

Quote Originally Posted by makavelli_kamikaze
    The aim of ptdf has been defeated my man. more than 60% dont have jobs. I'm telling u, I know them.
    more than 60%? waoo! don't you think its pointless going for all this further studies this time? 60% is frightening isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyy
    The purpose of the PTDF OSS has since been defeated because many of the beneficiaries NEVER return to Nigeria; and the few that return(ed) remained jobless even after they have completed their masters degree studies.
    Seconded, most of them NEVER RETURNS

@yemmi,
    I support you! Infact my own take is that once PTDF has supported you by making a useful investment into ur life make good use of it.
    I personally don't see unemployment at all, I only see unharnessed potentials and until these potentials are harnessed with the help of the Almighty G-d nothing happens. But believe me once you start doing that you will beging to see the CEO in you.

@yemmi, please kindly send me you email address, I really to need to discuss something with you. you can alternatively add me to your yahoo messenger using [email protected]. Really look forward to discussing with you. Thanks
    S

ndz

@ yemmi
    your point is well understood, i only reacted emotionally at that 60% stats. i just imagined the emotional trauma some go through by not having a job to kick start or consolidate on a career after a hard earned Msc. considering that some had to quit their jobs earlier. while others have not gotten any job exposure. well, God dey! that aside, may i ask? do those companies go to all the schools for graduate job fairs? Coz Manchester Uni is one of the top schools in uk. so what happens to guys from schools at the middle of the league table. or even below. the same old struggle continues abi?

+ Reply