+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: PTDF OSS: To All The Aggrieved

PTDF OSS: To All The Aggrieved

I jst want to use this platform to console all of us that have been cheated in one way or the other in the jst concluded PTDF SELECTION. At the first instance,I felt very bad in fact I even felt my world was crashing because my name did not appear under the shortlisted candidates from KEBBI STATE. Having the full confidence that I will be the first to appear under my state considering my performance at the camouflage aptitude test & above all my qualification.

I made a FIRST CLASS in Biochemistry after about two decades without such an outstanding & exceptional performance from my department,to cut it short I was honored with the prize of the best graduating student during the convocation ceremony. I made distinctions in my 'O' level results,have completed my NYSC and just 23 years of age. House plz what manner of merit are these people looking for?Thatz jst the unanswered question that continue to linger in my memory.

Anyway,I have come to realise that godfatherism is the best merit in this country of ours. To all those in my shoes, I want to tell u that we are born great & thus, we have greatness intrinsic in our humble selves. So its left for us to unleash the gifts given to us by the ALMIGHTY & not even the corrupt leaders of this blessed country can stop us from reaching the peak. I want u to know that life is worth living,but it is better not lived than living this world without a landmark.

Finally,don't let go a dream because of obstacles,obstacles are only there to test ur moral strength & to help u improve in yourself. The result of ur efforts might take time to appear,but when it does u will certainly know that it is well worth the wait. I urge u to convey all your grievances to the ALPHA & OMEGA. And to the successful ones,I wish u the best of times as u move to add to ur academic profiles.May GOD help us all.

Re: PTDF OSS: To All The Aggrieved

Quite painful, but sincerely First Class in Electical/Electronics from one of the best skools in Nigeria did not also make it while about five 2.1's made it from the same class on merit.....It is not enough to have good records to get PTDF...all you need to do is pass the test...I guess there will still be Mobil and Agip test so prepare hard and read on point..also try to gather all the questions u can remember so that next yr's own will be good for you.

@Extints & nutwoody,
    I made a 2.1 from one of the best Universities in Nigeria and I would love you guys to understand that for the fact that you made 1st class does not make you the best over others who made other grades. More so I dont need to come and start giving public stories as to why I did not make a 1st class but ended up with a 2.1
    you were certified a first class candidates from a particular period to another and not forever. We must come to accept the fact that you did not make it this time bt will do better. i studied Engineering but I have a class mate who made 2.1 but tells a first class material in History department then that he can challenge him on any aspect of World History and Diplomacy policies. Now if they both write a history test, you will now say why would and Engineering student do better.
    Note that in this world anything can happen and we must accept it the way they are. I completely feel bad when people use the clause "It is not my portion" If it is not fit to be yours, then who deserves it

Let us forge ahead and believe that if we are good better times will certainly come. I once used to say in University days that it is not all 1st class candidates that will board a 1st class planes (my proverb)

Life goes on...

Shalom!
    S

Its not by ur 2.1 or 1st class degrees...its by the will of the Almighty GOD. Lets us praise him for our lives and many successes yet to come and not be like seeds sown in the rockies without root....my own time will surely come when HE decides it. Thank you.
    By the way, my very good friend who i helped with study made the list, even he can't believe it! But the other one whose dad has the phone number of the governor of her state cudnt....Who we kidding? God shall favour his own always! NO BI OUR TIME....YET....BUT IT MUST SURELY COME TO PASS, IT WILL NOT TARRY...IT WILL FULFILL PROPHECY!
    DO U BELIEVE?....AnyOne?
    ...the time of the manifesteation is at Hand...Hab. 2 : 3

University grades are never a pre-requisite for success in post-university tests.

Like some people have said, they'l be a lot others coming up soon so lets keep 'watching and praying' for success in those...cos some pay even better stipends than ptdf.

In as much as my hope for this country remains slim...I STILL BELIEVE!!!
    Perseverance, Persistence and faith in GOD is all i need.

LKA

Though painful, why complaining too much my dear? After all, they said they have a slot for 500 candidates, definitely about 5, 000 won't be shortlisted. Good education doesn't mean you excellent wealth but financial intelligence. Life goes on. Must I kill myself after giving my all...and knowing fully well I performed excellently. That's the game 363 - 5500.

Employment Letter

I have come to the realization that besides one's academic qualifications and performance, there are other IMPORTANT Criteria that are considered in any scholarship. They include, a good statement of purpose and research proposal for the study abroad, relevance of ur prospective course of study to d development of ur country and Communication skills. The final consideration is the quota system where every is state is allowed a certain and equal number of candidates. At times they reserve 60% for state, 20% for merit % and 20% for the ogas.
    So many first class graduates cannot write good statement or research proposals- u can bet it. So, while grieve for our losses and blame the systemic corruption, we shud also go back to the drawing board and plug our loopholes so that we can get it right 2moro.
    E

@ikeemesowum (almost bit my tongue there or rather broke my fingers)...lol

Yes you're right about the fact that a powerful statement of purpose and research proposal stands you a great chance, please don't make this house members start condemning you for 'any ignorance' like they did some poor guy in some other blog.

As regards ptdf, the quality of your statement of purpose was a pre-requisite for being short-listed to write the test...NOT A REASON FOR BEING FINALLY SUCESSFUL IN THE TEST...we cool now?
    Perseverance, Persistence and faith in GOD is all i need.

jeb

I have said it before and I will still say it again. Being successful at PTDF test is not a matter of making a 1st class or 2.1 or 2.2. I strongly believe it's a matter of how much favour you got on you at that point you are in for the test. Because any slight mistake could cause you failure. It is a competitive mehn.... Now, this my story:

I had a 2.1 in Engineering from Nigeria's first premier university. I sat for the PTDF exams in Jan. 2008 but I was not successful. Even though I knew I did well at that time, I still felt I hadn't gone much to beat the number, hence, I had a chance with experience to do better next time. I did not blame or accuse any one. I put in for the exams in Jan. 2009, this time with fasting and prayers. Honestly guys, I did not put in as much energy as I did put in the last time because my work did not allow me much time to prepare for the exams. But I was shocked when I saw my name shortlisted. No be God!

What I am saying is this, if you know you did well in this past test but you were not shortlisted, then dont give up. Prepare again, pray more and you will make it the next time. I am in UK now and I tell you, it's a one year to forget your Nigerian problems. lol.
    I

@jeb,
    Nice one! and a good experience.

In one G-d I trust. It is well...
    S

@all - from observation more 2.1's get scholarships like this than d 1st class because most of d 1st class only concentrate on their course of studies.... With due respect to the first class in our midst.
    @peacesofpeace- i overheard someone who took d test at d PH centre that he wrote 2 lines for his statement of purpose. So i don't think wat you wrote determined d shortlistin.
    @jeb we belong to d same alma mata... i 'm encouraged by your experience. My prep for next yr is in earnest.... I ve d whole of petroleum production, reservoir and drilling to read.... Good luck to us all

+ Reply