+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: PTDF Induction 2010 for Batch A (10 - 12 August, 2010)

PTDF Induction 2010 for Batch A (10 - 12 August, 2010)

Hi guyz,

INVITATION FOR THE 2010/11 PTDF OVERSEAS SCHOLARSHIP INDUCTION PROGRAMME

1. Following the successful conduct of the 2010 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme (OSS) and subsequent selection of successful candidates for Scholarship Award, admissions have been sought on behalf of beneficiaries and offers received.

2. The next activity on the OSS, is the Induction Programme. The Induction Programme will this year assume a different format to those of previous years. Instead of PTDF inviting all the beneficiaries of the OSS to Abuja at the same time, you will be invited on the basis of those for whom CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) Numbers have been issued by the Universities.

3. As you may already be aware, going by the UK New Immigration Rules, students hoping to study in the UK cannot apply for visas without the CAS Numbers and as such, there is no point inviting students to Abuja, if they cannot at the same time begin their visa application process, which is an integral part of the Induction Programme.

4. In line with the above therefore, the under listed students, for whom we have received CAS Numbers, are hereby invited for the first batch of the Induction Programme scheduled for 10 – 12 August 2010 at the following address:

Chida International Hotel
    Plot 224, Solomon Lar Way
    Utako District, Abuja.

Phone: 07072206890, 09 6713694, 09 6713695

You are required to arrive Chida Hotel at 10:00am Prompt on Tuesday, 10 August 2010, where accommodation has been reserved for two (2) Nights. Documentation will be done on your arrival in preparation for visa application that will take place by 6:00am the following morning (Wednesday, 11 August 2010) at the British High Commission.

5. Note that possession of CAS Numbers will be the only condition for being accommodated by PTDF.

6. Please ensure that you come along with the following:

· International Passport

· Six (6) Passport Photograph, snapped against white background

· Photocopies of all credentials

· Unconditional Admission Letters with CAS

7. A subsequent date will be announced for the second batch of students to come for the Induction Programme. However, if you have CAS Number for one of the Courses we advertised, and your name does not appear on the list above, please forward your CAS to [email protected] immediately.

8. Meanwhile, the following Eighty-nine (89) students have been given conditional or unconditional admission at the Universities indicated beside their names. You are kindly requested to forward the missing documents to the email addresses provided. This however is not an invitation to come for the First Batch of the Induction. Students will be invited as we receive their CAS Numbers.

9. Scholars who have not seen their names on this notice should please note that we have not received any offers for them and are still awaiting feedback on decision taken by the Universities.

Please find attached the list for batch A scholars.

Re: PTDF Induction 2010 for Batch A (10 - 12 August, 2010)

Hi Ninja_x. Where did u get this info from n what site are u supposed 2 check d list?

@ danyaya,

The download link is in the first post, in blue, right above your post. The info is from PTDF cinfores website (that website where you registered for the exams).

Hope you find this helpful.

Great job Ninja_X.

This is good news.... I've been looking out for this notice on the Ptdf website and I never even remembered the cinfores site. The last time i called mr Wariso, he mentioned the 10th of August but i was beginning to doubt the date as the time drew nearer with no info.

This notice is just too sudden and the means of dissemination is rather poor. Most peeps wouldn't see this. They should have sent out text messages, e-mails or better still, called the invitees.

All the same, see u guys (First batch guys) at Abj on Teusday.

pls is there anybody in the house who got CAS number from cranfield university? Was it posted to u or emailed? please let me know. tanx.

one thing is clear , many scholars are yet to get this info.
    I have just told my guys I know, I guess if you do same it will be helpful.
    Did they send email? I am on the 2nd batch.

Thanks for the head start guys.see u on Tuesday.cheers.

@ozone republic

just like i said b4, the method of dissemination is very poor....many scholars wouldn't get this info....they didn't call, they didn't send out emails, they couldn't even send an sms...and they expect scholars to jump to Abuja in three days time. This is a really dumb move on the part of ptdf

Hi guys, I'm new here but I need help. I sent my CAS and accommodation offer from manchester to the email address immediately it was requested but I didn't see my name on any of the 2 lists. What do I do? the i.wariso email address is bouncing back (mailer daemon) cos I resent. tinkin of bein in abj on the 9th. advice needed.

@moritz, i got an email from cranfield with my CAS number and other details included. can someone pls tell me what ATAS certificate is all about? i hear it's necessary for visa application for some courses- pls confirm. anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by asekomeh
    @moritz, i got an email from cranfield with my CAS number and other details included. can someone pls tell me what ATAS certificate is all about? i hear it's necessary for visa application for some courses- pls confirm. anybody?
    ATAS is "Academic Technology Approval Scheme". It is expected that you get ATAS for some post graduate prog. here in UK. You better quickly apply for it now otherwise you won't be able to apply for visa during your induction. check out this link for details and application:
    http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/wh...-deliver/atas/
    cheers

@himamie, you can send the letter (CAS) to [email protected], that is woriso's personal email that he gave me or to [email protected]

Hey house, does anyone have Mr. Wariso's number? need it urgently. Pls send to [email protected]

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast