+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: PTDF HOPEFULS:PLS READ THIS!!!!

PTDF HOPEFULS:PLS READ THIS!!!!

Over the years,PTDF scholars that went abroad come back to join the labour market.So I will advise prospective awardees.If you already have a recruative job,please don't resign to to go for one year masters abroad.Instead I will advise you to get admission for an online UK masters degree program,SO THAT YOU CAN COMBINE BOTH YOUR JOB AND YOUR M.Sc. program.A word is enough for the wise.One luv.

Re: PTDF HOPEFULS:PLS READ THIS!!!!

@franco4christ, well done you have try.

Well, i agree with you halfway.

Online degree is not easy if you are really studying for content and understanding.

Depending on the work you do and where you work, working and studying is not easy expecially when you do this online.

Environment also counts. The truth is classroom learning xperience where u tie with fellow mates discuss course activities and share openion on assignments cannot be compared to online learning where u r to some extent left to your own judgement.

I am currently doing PETROLEUM ENGINEERING from a UK school and working in Lagos.
    It has not been easy.

i usually dont listen to hearsay....ptdf made my cousin what he is today..he got the scholarship went to aberdeen and sinc 2004/5 when he left ,he only visits. he is now happily married . his take about the whole ptdf stuff is for God to grant u the grace to pass. after which ur life has changed for good, i hav not heard him say ah some peps still come back to join the labour force....am not sayn its not possible but for now that shouldnt be our concern, living or life in itself is taking a risk...no risk no reward.

i understand u ,but dont discredit ptdf at all,if u get picked u are MADE.

for those already working way the pros and cons and u alone can decide if u 'l go for it.

this is my take.

So me wey won do welding egineering wey na only 2 schs in d world dey offer and of which d schs av research centers wehere all manner of welding process/equipment( eg laser eqiupment) which can only be found in dis places, so u want me to think of online masters abi. D benefit of going there in d 1st place is cos of their world class equipments.
    Online masters na for only MBA finance and d rest don't decieve urself.I am aware some engineering schs do msc online but when hands on experience is required it does not make sence

lekanasipa.

Haha, dont jump into conclusion. I beg you.

Who says PTDF is ready to send you to abroad to study Welding. Didnt you see PTI now Petroleum University?

There are many reasons behind selecting a course. You chose to study Welding outside Nigeria. Good atleast you will xperience the best welding eqmt and technology.

But, do you have welding experience already?You cannot compare 2 yrs max u spend reading welding books and materials and may be practicals with 5 years on the field welding experience and certification.

Someone with such 5 yrs experience and certifications may choose to study online and get a good value for it provided the school is acredicted.

Recall that the good schools abroad doing online courses (i mean d GOOD as in GOOD not all those bla bla ones u see) always require that you have experience before even giving you admission.

Also be informed that people have many reasons for online courses. Who will prefer work and online study when u can sit in class i? Na for many reasons.

@jpp which school in UK is that?

@jpp, I advise u look at d list of courses ptdf is sponsoring all over again. I av a mentor who was sponsored by ptdf to study welding engineering.pls do not confuse things here, I said welding engineering not welding, welding inspection or welder training. If r conversant with d oil and gas fabrication sector u would kn d difference. I only av industrial training experience which I got 4rm nigerdock apapa lagos but dat was enough to help me secure Msc welding engr admission with cranfield university UK. I agree with u dat d good schs like cranfield require u to av work experience and will thereafter still interview u tru d phone to access u b4 admitting u like in my case.
    I kn there r many reasons pple decide to do online Msc in schs dat av it but there is still nothing like being there and networking live. Also u made mention of pti(petroleum training institute) my guy those guys r Hnd and nd holders, and that is what they offer there(hnd and nd qualification). To enlighten u, welding engineers become quality assurance/quality control engrs, cordinator, mangers and there after operations manager.it might interest u to kn dat there r professors of welding engineering. We build and repair things like, ships,airplanes,autotobiles,robots,welding machines,oil and gas facilities like( pressure vessle, platforms,rigs,flowstations,pipline networks etc).
    Thank you

Also to add welding engineers job is not to weld ratther to create welding processes and vital documents like welding procedure specification(WPS). If I start to weld then what is now d job of d welders and welding inspectors whose job is to supervise them.

lekan well said...

but are there courses (listed for the OSS) ptdf wont want to sponsor and Y is dat.

Not to mix things up.

U dont need to have MSC Welding Engineering to do what u r referring to.

Hope u know that?

Sorry i amy be using oil and gas eye and not construction.

I kn u do not need to av oil and gas experience to do all dat, in my case I intend to lecture later in life so Msc is important to me. We donot av professors of welding in dis country and we av very few pple qualified by degeree(Bsc or MSc welding engr). What we av r those who av welding experience and go on later to do certifications like TWI(the welding institute) and AWS(american society of welsding).the diff is dat we r better when it comes to making researches in welding related projects.
    So av looled up d courses sponsored by ptdf.dis will be my second and last attempt of ptdf cos either I get it or not I am headed to cranfield dis sept .
    @ LG4KK, yes ptdf av list of sponsored courses on their site, ur course is among so no fear(process/biotech)

Sorry I meant one do not need to av MSc or Bsc welding to become what I av mentioned earlier

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast