+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: PLS HOUSE, CONFIRM THIS WSAF SCHOLARSHIP FOR ME IF IT IS GENUINE

PLS HOUSE, CONFIRM THIS WSAF SCHOLARSHIP FOR ME IF IT IS GENUINE

I received an award letter for a scholarship I have been pursuing for some months (WORLD SCHOLAR ALUMNI FOUNDATION) and was later asked to pay a membership fee and another of the sum $200 to be paid as shown below:

[b]Payment method

WSAF in a bid to ensure the convenience, speed and availability for applicants to pay the
    required fees, have contracted with MoneyGram, a major worldwide money transfer service, to
    collect the Fingerprint Clearance Card Application fee USD$94.25, and the WSAF membership
    application fee USD$110. We hope you appreciate that this gives you convenience, speed and
    availability to send the payment across.
    Send the amounts in full by MoneyGram to:
    Name: Tin Tin Sein
    Address: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
    Scan all receipts of payment and send as an email attachment to us. [email protected].
    Please write your full name as the subject of the email when sending the payment receipt
    otherwise we may not be able to match your payment to your name.
    Please note that the applicable charges of sending the required fees using the payment method
    provided are not inclusive in the Fingerprint Clearance Card Application fee USD$94.25, and the
    WSAF membership application fee USD$110. The MoneyGram and Bank charges that apply are
    to be paid separately.

pls has anyone in the house received or know the originality of this scholarship? pls help me out.

Re: PLS HOUSE, CONFIRM THIS WSAF SCHOLARSHIP FOR ME IF IT IS GENUINE

@ababademosi, when the scholarship came out u did not inform the house.....now you want a solution to your problem......give us full details

@ the phenomenon: could you just answer the man's question without thinking of your own selfish interests?!! So what if he did not post the scholarship up here? Does that deny him the right to be answered?

@ poster: most likely a scam. The few times schools/ scholarships need you to pay for stuff, its with a credit/ debit card. Moneygram is untrackable, and to be honest inconveniencing to an organization. So someone will then go to the bank, collect cash and go and pay it in. Finally what is the point of a scholarship? Because you don't have the money. Why ask someone who doesn't have the money to pay for 'fees'. The terms used also sound very 'yahoo yahoo'..
    "convenience, speed and availability "

Finally. Use google. Its such a wonderful tool. Put the name of the scholarship with the word 'scam' and hit search...

THIS IS CAPITAL SCAM!! A foreign or Local organisation,company or wateva issuing u a scholarship WILL NEVER ask u 4 ANY MONEY.

The only time a scholarship will involve money is if u are applied for admission in a recognized foreign university & after taking their exams, u performed well but didnt reach the score to attain a full scholarship, then they can issue u a partial scholarship which means u just pay part of the school fees, after u hav gotten admission.
    FORGET THESE GUYS THEY ARE F**KIN SCAMMERS!!

it is a big scam.the website is no longer functional.do not be deceived.God will give us the right ones.

Thank you house, u are the big brothers I have in the world. @ og2711, thanks deeply.

There are other people that recieved the same notification. See their long discussion about wsaf here
    http://www.afterschoolafrica.com/201...oundation.html
    S

+ Reply