+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Pls advice me

Pls advice me

Hi all,
    i'm one of batch A corp member 2010, i studied industrial and productn engr but i was posted 2 a bank for my ppa. I'm really feeling bad about it cos it's not related 2 my course of study. Do u tink i should continue with dis bank job cos i think it's a waste of a whole nysc year without an engineering xperience. Does it rily matter?

Re: Pls advice me

I think you are even lucky to have being posted to a bank, when i served i was posted to teach in a school even though am a geologist, what if you turn it down and u are not able to secure a engineering firm to serve? if you ask me no knowledge is a waste so give it a trial

there are many people in your shoes who do not have relevant professional experience during their NYSC year....but before you go ahead and reject....lets do a little analyses.....wat are ur other options?.....if u are serving outside lagos, ph, ibadan e.t. ur chances of working/serving in a production plant is slim....the bank wud usually use u and dump u....but try and enjoy the relationship while it lasts....make the feeling mutual...and make ur goals with them short term...and prospect for scholarships to further ur education...e.t.c

GUY, COUNT YOUR SELF A LUCKY MAN TO BE POSTED TO THE BANK. If during my time, I was posted to a bank eh....... GOD KNOW SAY....eh........I GO OVER UTILISE THE OPPORTUNITY...eh.......I GO.......eh.......HAMMER. I go even buy motor after service year. If you doubt habeebullahi. just reject the offer and see if you will not head for the class rooms to teach secondary school pupils, that is if you are lucky to get a placement.....[B]GUY YOU BETTER GRAB IT NOW![B]

@desage, m serving in lag. All i need is jst 2 hv a working experience in an engineering firm. I dnt wnt 2b use n dumpd as said above. Dnt u knw it's an advantage wen u hv a working experience in ur field. It adds 2 ur cv and then u hv a better chance 2 get a job. Do u undastnd the problem nw?

You have to accept the bank offer,while you look for an engineering firm as you desire. Meanwhile,learn what you can and can what you learn as you are there. Your so-called engineering job may not really involve the scope you envisage. I mean,most of it need much of management skills to manage man,materials,money,methods and time. Though I was posted to a Ministry of Works & transport as a mech engr in my NYSC days, my private teaching engagement helped a great deal in getting my first offer - not as a teacher, but production engineer in a multinational manufacturing company.
    My advice: A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

@kenston, Tanx 4 dat advice. I jst hv 2 stick 2d bank job bt m nt losing my focus.

Young man u beta stik 2 dat bank work, ppl like us who did nt get experience nor money durin our nysc, we did nt die, remember u did nt post urself to d bank, nysc did, do u intend to repost urself. In my days, u reject ur postin, my ZI or AI will repost u to where u'll see nothing but camels and dunkeys. Its 1yr national service, not 4 experience.
    we av serve our nation as youth corpers, now its time 4 our nation 2 serve us wit good jobs.

yea ryt, one year to waste........... u for come serve for Osun state na, u will be jumping at any opportunity to work in a bank... the only advantage serving in secondary skool gave me was freedom..... i could move in and out as i like... One year of service to the nation yea ryt, some ppl de buy motor after..... while many only ve the final allowee as the saved money... guy embrace the bank and then look for a way to develop urself by attending trainings and workshop... also u could engage in a class to learn languages and or engineering applications e.g AUTOCAD,HYSYS,

it doesn't really matter.go wherever ur God want u to b,since u re nt d persn dat runs d posting,just believe dat it is d lord doings ok

GUY u are a head!!!!! u dont even need advice what need is pepper cane.
    I am sure u have age on ur side and u can still read and write.
    I am also sure that apart from this bank job u got now u dont have other ready options huh?

Now earn the money at the bank, use whatever free time u got while on the job and develop urself towards the end of service in the areas of computer trainings etc read ur GMAT, and do a countdown until u finally thru with using the bank job as a financial cocoon towards ur dream job.
    Never stay Broke or Idle .....it is the 1st and the 44th rule of a Mafian business IQ.

+ Reply