+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: PGD VS AETI ENGINEERING TRAINEE

PGD VS AETI ENGINEERING TRAINEE

pls house,i have a plan to go for a certificate program in automation/electromechanical eng. But some one is asking me go and do my PGD. AM really confussed cos i need a better job,though i work in an engineering firm presently. I have an HND IN ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING. Pls everyone should advice me.

Re: PGD VS AETI ENGINEERING TRAINEE

i'll advice u to go 4 automation engineering at aeti if u want to build urself 4 ur career.more over automation is perfect 4 u bcos of ur backgroud

Pls go for your certificate course, 4get pgd 4now. Ur certificatin determine ur marketability in engineering technology. If u wrk in ministry or parastatal, I wil advice u 2go 4pgd. But u ar in d industry, cetification boosts u. Am a coleague- EE. I hope to get d resourse to pursue mine soon.

Gud luck

Re: PGD VS AETI ENGINEERING TRAINING

Thanks for ur response.i appreciate.and love to hear from more people

Pls when is there scholarshp exam comin-up(AETI) and do dey used 2 fix there trained students 4 Job?

forms will be out by january

Quote Originally Posted by Keleto
    forms will be out by january
    Tanx! I brwsd der site and it seems d courses r meant 4 d experiencd engrs cos dey call them SHORT COURSES.
    Pls do dey trained fresh grad? cos I'm runin my M.Sc in Elect Engr @Unilag and no Job/Experience 4 hand.

@house pls i also need info concerning aeti training especially in the are of automation and electromechanical engr.

Quote Originally Posted by hasbat2010
    @house pls i also need info concerning aeti training especially in the are of automation and electromechanical engr.
    U can browse der site www.ae-technologyinitiative.com or if u r in lag. Visit dem @ 29 tokan street,Alaka Estate. Surulere

@popedee -- I am a living testimony of that institute. As I am replying this message, I have beside me one of my handouts on instrumentations. I count myself a lucky one because I went through one of the dailies and saw the advert on Automation Engineering some months ago. It has been my dream to know how some of these devices work and now I can confidently speak to at least 65% capacity wise like a true engineer. Forget those things you studied in school because the impact is just 5% theoritical based. At this institute, you get to see everything pratical and do lots.

So far I have learnt the following. Basic Electronics, Pneumatics, Ac Frequency drive, Troubleshooting and starting up of electric motor-star delat mode, PLC, PROGRAMMABLE LOGICAL CONTROLLER, VSD variable speed drive, instrumentation , technical report writting and HSE.

I am rounding up this class come this weekend with my certificate at hand after a 3 months training. One thing this has done to me and I know who be of use to me in the future is this, once I get a call for any interview and am ask to tell them what I have..Brother,I am sure of not talking like a novice. I would kill them with the way most of this things operate because I have seen it work and I have done it. So do it as it open for every engineering graduate. If you might want to know, I am a Chemical-Petrochemical Engineering graduate with a good classification but I tell you in my CV, my training was clear stated the way I have explained them in this post. And because of this I get calls for test whereas am still a corper that would be passing out Feburary. So take your chance brother...Wishing you all the best.

@adexzy007 pls how much is the trainng (full cost ) and what is actually the duration of training.are the students attached to any company.ur response would be highly appreciated.

The real cost is 275 thousand but there is a room for scholarship based test that would give slash in the cost by 40%. I paid 110 thousand naira as a corper having passed the scholarship exam while it would be 165 thousand for those that are not corpers should they pass the exam. The duration of this program is 3 months, every saturday and sunday...

As for the AETI placing you for jobs after the training is not guarantee but so far we all have been placed on a special preference for whatever job that fall within their control. AETI is a subsidary of michale steaven consulting and so if any outsourcing falls within their purview. You can be rest assured you would hear before anyone outside the school does. Also if I can recall, NBC(coca cola gave them a recruitement contract to carry out for the company and most of us knew before anyone outside.

@adexzy007,do AETI have a training center in PH?
    W

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast