+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Pan Ocean Oil Corporation, interview insight needed

Pan Ocean Oil Corporation, interview insight needed

Please I will sincerely appreciate it if anyone shares with me what to expect on that fateful day. I'm going for Civil engineer. Gracias.
    You never know what's coming for ya!

Re: Pan Ocean Oil Corporation, interview insight needed

@ Nalish when did you apply and did you apply for entry position or for that of experienced
    I'm optimistic we'll all make it, by His Grace

@ yakmut, Well I really dont know which right now, I dropped my Resume sometime last year and recently at their office. I didn't apply for a particular position, guess they looked at the course I majored in. Have you got any idea on what to expect?

it actually depends on the office.if you dropped it in their ogunu warri, delta state office, the interview would be basically theoretical.the head of operations, your team lead and the h.r. manager called-abdul akinsoyinu.normally, abdul has his prefered candidates,mainly through girls which is his major weakness.he submits the report to lagos, and lobbies to ensure that his person is taken.finally you are called to lagos for another interview,which is just a formality.you head from there to st nicholas hospital,which is another formality.then you return to the lagos office to collect your travelling allowance, depending on where you came from.in another 2 weeks, you would be called to pick up your appointment letter.

JESUS ARMY,
    Bros. or should I say our big daddy

Pls. do U mean submission of CV?
    where in Ogunu is their Wafi office
    hope those over zealous Security will allow one entry into the company's inner chamber

Quote Originally Posted by JESUS ARMY
    it actually depends on the office.if you dropped it in their ogunu warri, delta state office, the interview would be basically theoretical.the head of operations, your team lead and the h.r. manager called-abdul akinsoyinu.normally, abdul has his prefered candidates,mainly through girls which is his major weakness.he submits the report to lagos, and lobbies to ensure that his person is taken.finally you are called to lagos for another interview,which is just a formality.you head from there to st nicholas hospital,which is another formality.then you return to the lagos office to collect your travelling allowance, depending on where you came from.in another 2 weeks, you would be called to pick up your appointment letter.
    Abdul is just the HR coordinator and has very little influence on who is chosen finally.I know him personally.

The interviewee has to do his home work very well,there is nothing difficult about POOC interview.
    They are very disorganized and passing their interview wont be difficult.
    Politics and power play is always at work.

Thanks guys for your contribution, all advise taken, I'll do my best mates.

@ oilprince, you can go anytime, the security operatives are pretty cool, no overzealous chaps there. Goodluck.

Pan Ocean interview is just like others conducted in the Oil and Gas industry. I happen to have attended their interview sessions and will rate it in the same class as that conducted by any Oil and Gas company. All the interviewee need to do is to prepare well for the interview, because he will be asked technical questions on related field. For me if he performs well he will definitely be considered. I happened to have gone through this routes also last year. Let other candidates who happened to perform poorly during the interview not start destroying the name of the company and its personnel. They should go back and develop themselves further so that whenever they are called again they will improve and probably be considered like those of us who joined last year. further advise for other members who are interested in working for Pan Ocean , apply and if shortlisted attend the interviews and later take your stand on some earlier comments by some members in the site. I am sure Nalish would have had his experience, would appreciate it if he can share some with other members.

@ olapan, Thanks alot for your contribution, It was really great you shared more light on the issue. All the same I think the lads that commented earlier on did pretty well in their advise- even if it wasn't all that 'positive'. Well, the interview was conducted on Wednesday and we were close to 20 lads in search for the position- don't really know how many 'they' need now. Personally, mine went pretty cool, although the sit was 'supposedly' hot. All fingers are still crossed, they said they will certainly get in touch just like they did earlier, with the successful lads. The rest is for GOD to handle, as I have committed it to him already.

thats the spirit brother.He will do it.

Nalish, I submitted my stuff today, the over zealous guys ensured I didnt go beyond their office.

hope they do justice sha

Thanks

do your part.God will handle the rest,if its His will for you.

@ Oilprince, haha (overzealous guys), very funny. Well thats how it is done, you give it to them and they help you drop it at the HR department. Never mind, its in safe hands.

@ JESUS ARMY, Thanks for your contribution, more of that. Cheers.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast