+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Topic: NLNG has started sending mail.

Re: NLNG has started sending mail.

@towunmi and bidey are you guys still serving cos I didn't receive any mail like that oo when did you guys write your own test was it on the 10th of August?

Good things are Good, because GOD is good.
    TRUST IN JEHOVAH THE GIVER OF EVERY GOOD GIFT AND PERFECT PRESENT.HE IS SURELY THERE FOR YOU

@all,pls what was the format of the test you guys did?what kind of questions,how many sections&time allocated for each?expecting replies.tanx

Guys, I passed the d test last year but didn't scale through the interview stage. You guys shouldn't worry about the requests for some documents from some applicants, it happened like that then too and it was because they(NLNG) didn't have them and probably needed to get some informations clear.

As 4 d interview, u guyz should start jerking your O'level physics and chemistry cos 70% of the questions asked then were from there. Questions were asked from Safety too and I was caught unaware. We were about 400 interviewed then and they only employed about 30 so prepare well and keep praying. He'll see u through.

Some of the questions asked me are:1) Define Entrophy 2) What equipment do u think LNG use to generate power at Bonny? 3) Define Combustion 4) Why do we store nitrogen in a special container(i can't really recall how dis question was constructed)? (I didn't know dis and decided to use scope so I said because of it's choking smell and they were like choking?, does air contain nitrogen? I was really confused) 5) What are the types of fire (I wasn't just lucky here cos I knew the classes of fire but felt they were asking something different for using the word "types" instead of classes so I said no idea). 6) They asked a question on electric circuit but I can't really recall how the question was constructed but it was like what will make a bulb not to come on on switching on in a circuit containing a voltage source, a switch and two bulbs in parallel assuming the bulbs are good. They asked about 10 questions but these are the ones I can remember 4 now. Okay, they asked me to tell them more about what I do at my present place of work after looking through my CV and they asked a question from it.

They actually had about 10 already prepared different questions for each candidates with about 7 from O'level(physics and chemistry), 1 from safety and 2 from CV submitted. I remember they asked a friend the full meaning of PPE as his siafety question. So all the best guyz. One more thing, please be confident cos that is the major thing that affected me then. Probably bcos I knew NLNG pay was similar to militants/armed robbers salary, I couldn't afford to lose the opportunity and it affected my physche. It was written bodly on my face that I was scared and the first thing they told me when I entered was to relax, that they were not there to slaughter me. I felt bad hearing this cos I knew confidence has a percentage in the overall grading. Also try to dress neat and smart, if possible put on a suit and tie. Though not a criteria, I feel it is better cos it gives u a gentleman's look.

Good luck guyz!

Sorry, mine was Trainee Operator but then, the recruitment stages are similar.

Enjoy!

tanx bigbrodanaija for sharing ur experience with us.expectin ur responses about the nature of the test conducted this year.tanx

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrodanaija View Post
    Guys, I passed the d test last year but didn't scale through the interview stage. You guys shouldn't worry about the requests for some documents from some applicants, it happened like that then too and it was because they(NLNG) didn't have them and probably needed to get some informations clear.

As 4 d interview, u guyz should start jerking your O'level physics and chemistry cos 70% of the questions asked then were from there. Questions were asked from Safety too and I was caught unaware. We were about 400 interviewed then and they only employed about 30 so prepare well and keep praying. He'll see u through.

Some of the questions asked me are:1) Define Entrophy 2) What equipment do u think LNG use to generate power at Bonny? 3) Define Combustion 4) Why do we store nitrogen in a special container(i can't really recall how dis question was constructed)? (I didn't know dis and decided to use scope so I said because of it's choking smell and they were like choking?, does air contain nitrogen? I was really confused) 5) What are the types of fire (I wasn't just lucky here cos I knew the classes of fire but felt they were asking something different for using the word "types" instead of classes so I said no idea). 6) They asked a question on electric circuit but I can't really recall how the question was constructed but it was like what will make a bulb not to come on on switching on in a circuit containing a voltage source, a switch and two bulbs in parallel assuming the bulbs are good. They asked about 10 questions but these are the ones I can remember 4 now. Okay, they asked me to tell them more about what I do at my present place of work after looking through my CV and they asked a question from it.

They actually had about 10 already prepared different questions for each candidates with about 7 from O'level(physics and chemistry), 1 from safety and 2 from CV submitted. I remember they asked a friend the full meaning of PPE as his siafety question. So all the best guyz. One more thing, please be confident cos that is the major thing that affected me then. Probably bcos I knew NLNG pay was similar to militants/armed robbers salary, I couldn't afford to lose the opportunity and it affected my physche. It was written bodly on my face that I was scared and the first thing they told me when I entered was to relax, that they were not there to slaughter me. I felt bad hearing this cos I knew confidence has a percentage in the overall grading. Also try to dress neat and smart, if possible put on a suit and tie. Though not a criteria, I feel it is better cos it gives u a gentleman's look.

Good luck guyz!

Thanks for this vital information. May God uplift and bless you.

I md it to d interview stage in 09 4 TEO n we wr abt 40 n 10 wr taken,it was al about motors n motor starters,generators,safety and pre employment evaluation by d HR Executives,d panel ws md up of 2women(HR EXEC),3men(Electrical manager,safety manager n a british fleet trainer 4m SPDC) Be ready 2defend evry detail of ur CV..n if dr is anywere u can get 'CONFIDENCEMACIN' ovadose trust me u ll nid it..see u guys at c&c towers cos am goin back there wit a fresh annointin..
    IN ORDER TO SUCEED,YOUR DESIRE FOR SUCCESS SHOULD BE GREATER THAN UR FEAR OF FAILURE

@rowebs I never knew you were part of those that made it to the interview stage that year what killed was over confidence and fear cos the questions that were asked from me were simple and secondary school questions@Bigbrodanaija that one was not for trainee electrical officer it was for the post of trainee operator and it was that same year 2009 cos I passed both the tests(trainee electrical officer and trainee operator) but didn't make it to the final stage.Infact for this one that i did just of recent my hope lies in the lord cos I've got no other person other than the lord almighty.Me you guys at C&C towers by God's grace.Amen

you guys that wrote the recent test should please tell us the kind of questions that came out.I'm talking about the test,not the interview

THANK U SO MUCH. We really appreciate. My broda, its nt arm robber salary na Assassin salary e b. Lol . C u guys up there@ d towers [QUOTE=bigbrodanaija;509015]Guys, I passed the d test last year but didn't scale through the interview stage. You guys shouldn't worry about the requests for some documents from some applicants, it happened like that then too and it was because they(NLNG) didn't have them and probably needed to get some informations clear.

Some of the questions asked me are:1) Define Entrophy 2) What equipment do u think LNG use to generate power at Bonny? 3) Define Combustion 4) Why do we store nitrogen in a special container(i can't really recall how dis question was constructed)? (I didn't know dis and decided to use scope so I said because of it's choking smell and they were like choking?, does air contain nitrogen? I was really confused) 5) What are the types of fire (I wasn't just lucky here cos I knew the classes of fire but felt they were asking something different for using the word "types" instead of classes so I said no idea). 6) They asked a question on electric circuit but I can't really recall how the question was constructe

Its here again....... When would dey start calling?

Nlng no news yet?

+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast