+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents

Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents

http://www.compassnewspaper.com/NG/i...ies&Itemid=794

Reps cut Bankole's quarterly allowance to N100m
    *Nafada N80m

*Akogun N60m, principal officers N50m

Members of the House of Representatives yesterday kicked against the N140 million quarterly allowances for Speaker Dimeji Bankole and N100 million for his deputy, Usman Nafada.

They, however, reduced the allowances to N100 million and N80 million respectively.

In the new structure drawn by an ad-hoc committee, Tunde Akogun, the House Leader’s allowance, which was N40 million, was raised to N60 million per quarter while other principal officers would go home with N50 million each.

Members therefore felt that since the allowances of principal officers could be increased, their own allowances should be jacked up to N42 million as against the previous allowances of N27 million statutory payment as stipulated by the Revenue Mobilization and Fiscal Allocations Commission.

http://money.howstuffworks.com/question449.htm

As president, Bush makes $400,000 <<per anum>> and gets additional money in various expense accounts. Cheney makes $208,100 and also has expense accounts. In September 1999, President Clinton signed legislation that increased the presidential salary to $400,000, effective January 2001. The Constitution prohibits pay raises for sitting presidents. This presidential pay raise was the first since 1969, when the president's salary was raised from $100,000 to $200,000. Adjusted for inflation, $200,000 in 1969 would be worth $930,232 today. On top of the salary and expense accounts, both the U.S. president and vice president are given free housing with plenty of amenities. The White House has 132 rooms, 32 bathrooms, a movie theater, bowling alley, billiards room, tennis court, jogging track and putting greens. Bush also has use of Camp David, the presidential retreat. Cheney lives in Number One Observatory Circle, which has been the official vice presidential residence since 1974.

----------------------
    Bayelya Deputy Gov goes home with 120 Million each month.

The deputy governor is used to a different style. He was used to being in charge when he was acting governor. That transition and shock of adjustment has been affecting him. As deputy governor, he had the reputation of squandering money. I have been managing him.”

Refuting an alleged report of crippling the activities of deputy governor as a result of inadequate funding, Sylva said Ebebi’s overhead had been N120 million every month before the global meltdown began to effect the fortunes of the state.

According to him, “we all halved our overhead; my overhead is spent by the Government House, but his overhead is personal to him.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/...s-feud-deepens

----------------

Gove and Deputy paid themselves more than 300 Million Naira retirement benefit while in office

Mr. Goje and Mr. Yoriyo paid themselves the sums of N200, 072,505 and N100, 025,388, respectively, as part of their benefits when their first terms in Gombe State government ended in May 2007.

However, in a letter dated August 18, 2007, the RMAFC asked the governor and his deputy to refund the money to the state treasury. It stated that the pensions they received while they were still in office had no backing of the law. The governor ordered the RMAFC to retract the letters and when the organisation refused, Mr. Goje and Mr. Yoriyo filed the suit.

Through their counsel, Joe Kyari Gadzama, the men are asking the court to declare that the RMAFC lacks the mandate to dictate the ways in which state funds should be managed.

Mr. Goje and Mr. Yoriyo have also filed a sister suit against the RMAFC for defamation of character. They are demanding N750, 000 each as damages. They claim organisation circulated its letter among state governors and speakers of state Houses of Assembly and caused them personal injuries.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Nex...ernor_suit.csp
    F

Re: Nigerian Senators Are Paid Better Than US Presidents

I weep for my dear country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am very surprised that u guys are sounding as if your not in this country!!This country is just the survival of the fitess.Those people u call ur leaders are there for their selfish interest.Who told u that ur votes counts?They go their way to manipulate the system,am only sceptical about what this country will look like in the next 4yrs,this is just the begining.All of them in the National Assembly have questionable characters and is obvious they can't turn this country around to greatness.

God will save us from the hands of these wicked.....................how can they be spending such a huge amount yet, the masses are crying for poverty?
    e

this is nothing but ruthless abandon of a people's right to better living.
    i weep for the entity called nigeria. her leaders are greedy to a fault.
    what wickedness in high places.

Lord have mercy.

Junior Member makavelli_kamikaze's Avatar

I know people who were talking like all of u here . They later got a political position and looted money, acquired mistresses, elevated nepotism and maimed perceived opponents more than the people they earlier criticised. So u all as guilty as ur senators.

@makavelli,u a r right bt nt absolutely.i also believ d leaders ar d reflection of d attitude of d follower.bt i believ strongly tins wil change.d america d poster is citing is a country where thugs are ruluctant 2vote and graduate are always wilin.d reverse is d case here.we can mak tins beta again,lets go out n vote in 2011.am nt sayin dey may nt rig as usual bt lets set a beginin

+ Reply