+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Need ur advice regardin my current job....Pls

Need ur advice regardin my current job....Pls

I'm workin as a researcher/lecturer in on of Nigerian universities earning close to N300, 000 a month net (135 as lecturer and d remaing my research grant) for a period of 4 yrs to obtain my PhD after which i may convert to lecturing permanently if i wish but wouldn't b getting d research grant thereafter. In additn access to travel any where around d world (to conduct experiment) n job flexibility

But i will also want to work in NNPC, DPR or any other multinational hopin i may b successful b4 d 4 yrs contract.

Pls need ur advice wether i shd stay or move to greener oil companies if successful?
    Also pls any body with idea what NNPC pay as exp with 4 yrs (+masters) or as a graduate?

Warm Regards

AAT

Re: Need ur advice regardin my current job....Pls

Dearie,
    I must say you are a lucky person with bright future.
    Firstly, your gender is very important to answer this question. If you female; (a) Your minimum of N135K is a very good pay in a month. It will improve as time goes on, i.e earn you Doctorate degree. (b) You will be a role model that female undergraduate could emulate. (c) The job you have now is better off the ones you are still researching to get. You dint mention if you have strong backing on the NNPC, DPR etc job. If you do and could promise ten (10) years or above in these companies, then it is a good chance. If male; (a) You need more to cater for family and other needs. So, man needs to intensify efforts. (c) You need to get the job before you exit the one you are on.

There are so many factors that one needs to consider but all in all, pls remeber the old saying "Look before you leap".

I wish you all the best. Good luck

@AAT, thanx 4 ur advice. I'm a guy and mech engr 4rm d north beautifully married. I really appreciate ur advice to do more as i also except ma 1st child by God's Grace.

People always throw their concerns on me as in i must b in an oil comp 4rm my, family, friends n wellwishers n i do appreciate their concerns BUT my hope is in GOD who can give me d best without intervention (leg) as all my post graduate progress has bee without WHO I KNOW (leg). I'll concentrate on ma research role pendin any of the above outcome.

Once more thanx 4 ur advice

The final thing is to see if you can get a good offer with an oil and gas company and after comparing packages, you will then know what to do without any advice.

Lecturing seems to be a great option because of the job flexibility that comes with it...you could do business, work part-time or even do politics so I'd suggest you stick to your job until a mind-blowing offer from an oil and gas company comes along your path....
    Perseverance, Persistence and faith in GOD is all i need.

+ Reply