+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Topic: Mobil Invites for Int. Post Grad. Scholarship Interview

Re: Mobil Invites for Int. Post Grad. Scholarship Interview

@Bro T: Thanks for your prayers, really felt them. The online application is the only allowed mode of application; go to How to apply and follow directions from there. You will have to get some things ready before you can complete and submit the application (Imperial does not require an application fee): Resume', Statement of Purpose, Scanned Copy of Unofficial Transcript, Two Recommendation Letters from Lecturers;these are enough to get you a conditional offer of admission but in order to confirm your place you will have to submit Official Transcripts and Proof of Proficiency at the English Language by way of the TOEFL or a good grade at WAEC. This explanation may not be exhaustive but you will definitely learn the ropes as you go along.

@Triple-C: Thanks man

@andresvillas: Even if I did, I don't think it has anything to do with my getting called for the interview. ref-b has done a good job at briefing us the details of the testing process.

@SuccessIsMe: You would have to bring the originals of your First Degree Certificate and Postgraduate Admission letter. Hold a copy of each in case they don't have them on file already. You should also take a copy of the invite if you get it by your scheduled time. The interview was held at Mobil House. 1, Lekki Expressway, V.I., Lagos.

@ninialways...thanks...hv u received anything?

Quote Originally Posted by femomenal View Post
    @Bro T: Thanks for your prayers, really felt them. The online application is the only allowed mode of application; go to How to apply and follow directions from there. You will have to get some things ready before you can complete and submit the application (Imperial does not require an application fee): Resume', Statement of Purpose, Scanned Copy of Unofficial Transcript, Two Recommendation Letters from Lecturers;these are enough to get you a conditional offer of admission but in order to confirm your place you will have to submit Official Transcripts and Proof of Proficiency at the English Language by way of the TOEFL or a good grade at WAEC. This explanation may not be exhaustive but you will definitely learn the ropes as you go along.

@andresvillas: Even if I did, I don't think it has anything to do with my getting called for the interview. ref-b has done a good job at briefing us the details of the testing process.

@SuccessIsMe: You would have to bring the originals of your First Degree Certificate and Postgraduate Admission letter. Hold a copy of each in case they don't have them on file already. You should also take a copy of the invite if you get it by your scheduled time. The interview was held at Mobil House. 1, Lekki Expressway, V.I., Lagos.
    @fenomenal:u didnt answer my question.just want to know d role of transcript in d applican process whether they are tryin to screen out those with weak 2:1. Also can u brief d house how d interview looked like, and d questions towards preparing 4 next year.thanks

@andresvillas: Sorry if you still did not get a grasp of the details, I wrongfully thought ref-b's explanation sufficed. Yes I had a 1.1 and I uploaded my transcript and my conditional offer of admission during my application for the Mobil Overseas Scholarship. But the requirements explicitly states that you must have graduated with a grade above a 2.1, nothing was said of the level of the 2.1(whether weak or strong). I heard - not sure though - of someone that applied without uploading transcript or admission letter, and got shortlisted for the first test. There are spaces on the online application pages where you input your first degree graduating class and postgraduate school for which you have an admission, amongst others. As no one has ever erred on the side of caution it will do you a whole of good if you uploaded your documents.

About the interview, there were three people on the panel: two women and a man. They were particularly nice and you couldn't help but warm up to them. The questions thrown at me were not particular mind-twisters just the regular mundane ones.
    All questions asked during most scholarship interviews can be subsumed under:
    1. Prove financial need; that you do not have the wherewithal to finance your own education.
    2. Prove that you understand both your undergraduate and graduate courses.
    3. Prove that you will put your knowledge to good use on graduation.
    Keep their attention by holding their gaze and if they try to knock you off the track of your response, don't hesitate to correct them, politely of course. Your insistence on your convictions show the strength of your personality and the depth of your knowledge. And you have to prove to them how strongly you want the scholarship. Always remember that there are a lot of other people contesting for the same scholarship so think up something that you could say that sets you apart from all other applicants; in other words convince them you are exactly what other applicants are not, in a good sense I mean.

I think people should begin to see interviews as fora for discussion rather than interrogation sessions. Applicants take interviews too seriously, answering questions with so much rigidity and nervousness, and this only bores the interviewers. If one could at least lighten up the atmosphere, the interviewers see you as different and may actually start to look forward to working with you or just being around you and that scores you some big points.

I hope I answered your questions this time and if I still did not just point out my inconsistencies and I will try to rectify them.

@andresvillas: Sorry if you still did not get a grasp of the details, I wrongfully thought ref-b's explanation sufficed. Yes I had a 1.1 and I uploaded my transcript and my conditional offer of admission during my application for the Mobil Overseas Scholarship. But the requirements explicitly states that you must have graduated with a grade above a 2.1, nothing was said of the level of the 2.1(whether weak or strong). I heard - not sure though - of someone that applied without uploading transcript or admission letter, and got shortlisted for the first test. There are spaces on the online application pages where you input your first degree graduating class and postgraduate school for which you have an admission, amongst others. As no one has ever erred on the side of caution it will do you a whole of good if you uploaded your documents.

About the interview, there were three people on the panel: two women and a man. They were particularly nice and you couldn't help but warm up to them. The questions thrown at me were not particular mind-twisters just the regular mundane ones.
    All questions asked during most scholarship interviews can be subsumed under:
    1. Prove financial need; that you do not have the wherewithal to finance your own education.
    2. Prove that you understand both your undergraduate and graduate courses.
    3. Prove that you will put your knowledge to good use on graduation.
    Keep their attention by holding their gaze and if they try to knock you off the track of your response, don't hesitate to correct them, politely of course. Your insistence on your convictions show the strength of your personality and the depth of your knowledge. And you have to prove to them how strongly you want the scholarship. Always remember that there are a lot of other people contesting for the same scholarship so think up something that you could say that sets you apart from all other applicants; in other words convince them you are exactly what other applicants are not, in a good sense I mean.

I think people should begin to see interviews as fora for discussion rather than interrogation sessions. Applicants take interviews too seriously, answering questions with so much rigidity and nervousness, and this only bores the interviewers. If one could at least lighten up the atmosphere, the interviewers see you as different and may actually start to look forward to working with you or just being around you and that scores you some big points.

I hope I answered your questions this time and if I still did not just point out my inconsistencies and I will try to rectify them.
    @fenomenal: thanks 4 ur reply. I was just trying to arrive at a conclusion on the selection process.

i don't think someone else could post a more explicit explanation...rooting for you all the way,pray you get it,best wishes!!!

this is directed at femomenal
    Quote Originally Posted by candibub View Post
    i don't think someone else could post a more explicit explanation...rooting for you all the way,pray you get it,best wishes!!!

femomenal thanx so much... i really appreciate it

@candibub...no but will get back to you when I do..hopefully by the end of today.

@candibub...The Mobil Lag office is closed down because of the flooding in Lag...hopefully the interviews will continue in Akwa-Ibom...

I thought mobil is done conducting interviews for this scholarship..somebody posted here that 13 pple wer interviewd in lagos and its over....or is it conducted in batches ..can somebody help me out with info as regards this.

Please has anyone, that was interviewed, had anything from Mobil?

@Bigcycs: The interview was conducted in Batches. Some were interviewed on 7th and some on 8th.

@femomenal: I forgot to get your number when we met. Cheers Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Prolog View Post
    Guys following the test last Saturday, I just got an email inviting me to fore mentioned interview on the 7th of July.
    They normally don't get back that quickly, because of approvals and the likes. So just focus your mind on other things and stay in touch with your colleagues who were at the interview stage, they would have the best info. All d best to U!

+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast