+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Metro Oil and Gas Recruitment Scam or not?...Urgent Help Guys

Metro Oil and Gas Recruitment Scam or not?...Urgent Help Guys

A cousin of mine who is recently finished his NYSC made applications to one Metro Oil and Gas supposed to be based in New York and in about a week he was given employment form to fill. Luckily he spoke to me about it and from my experience, I did not hesitate to dismiss it as fraudulent. It is not possible to serve you employment form to fill without first putting you through the process of interview or test as the case may be or without making a formal offer to you(I stand to be corrected). Secondly, it is almost impossible for a company in U.S to make offer to especially a fresh graduate without experience and living away from U.S due to work permit issues etc. Even graduates already resident there (US) are not finding it funny to land a professional job talk more somebody who is not living in U.S and who do not have a spectacular expertise as to say. I also googled the company and instead of Metro Oil and Gas, what exists is Metro Energy and both don't look to me like the same thing. My judgement that it was some sort of scam were based on these points.

Has anybody heard about this Metro Oil and Gas? Could my judgement be right?Your comments will be most appreciated and meanwhile if it is confirmed that it is a scam, can we help spread the message before unsuspecting job seekers fall prey to their manoeuvres.

Re: Metro Oil and Gas Recruitment Scam or not?...Urgent Help Guys

I also got an employment offer from the so-called Metro Oil and Gas. Their email address is [email protected]. There was an advert on linkedin I applied 3 weeks later I was given an employment from Cecila Brown. No phone number, no website. I decided to do a background check on the company. I ran the company through major UK business directories and no such company. From their mail I was asked to fill the form sent to me and send to British immigration for my work permit ([email protected]). Their email address and the so called British immigration emails are emails created from mail.com.

I didn't even bother to reply.

Another cheap scam.

+ Reply