+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Medical details?????????

Medical details?????????

My fellow learned colleagoes in da House:What medical tests are required during the final stage of a recruitment exercise?I need your professional counsel and opinions.Thank you.
    Y

Re: Medical details?????????

@Bishop; my general knowledge on this is that, the do general fitness test, mainly to ascertain your state of health, so that they can prevent any litigation in the future as regards work related injury and disabilities

@In House Med Sch Grads...we need more help on this

I guess it depends on the organisation, I am sure of a drug and alcohol test, general fitness & Blood pressure and in some cases HIV.....

@Caledonian; even HIV...hehehei!,
    thanks 4 ds very helpful info

@House, more info pls

Hello house, it might vary with companies. But my xperience in medical which i did recently with Total:
    D 1st day, dey collected my stooling (faeces), urine, blood sample. Dey also did EGC test, chest x-ray, TB test, and i was told to come back d 3rd day which they did blood pressure and eye test. HIV/AIDS Test was optional i.e. u'll b asked if u want 2 do it, bt knowing who u are, u will nt b afraid of doing it. I did my HIV Test and was confirmed negative. GOODLUCK 2 U ALL...!
    A

@AluksBoy; Thanks 4 da Info...Congrats on your progress with Total and I know God cannot take you this far and let go of you

@House, more pls!

Quote Originally Posted by AluksBoy
    Hello house, it might vary with companies. But my xperience in medical which i did recently with Total:
    D 1st day, dey collected my stooling (faeces), urine, blood sample. Dey also did EGC test, chest x-ray, TB test, and i was told to come back d 3rd day which they did blood pressure and eye test. HIV/AIDS Test was optional i.e. u'll b asked if u want 2 do it, bt knowing who u are, u will nt b afraid of doing it. I did my HIV Test and was confirmed negative. GOODLUCK 2 U ALL...!
    @AluksBoy:Thanks for your wonderful contribution wrt the above delicate subject matter.But,we are more interested in knowing what exact test or tests are to be carried out with the samples of faeces,urine and blood that were collected from you?
    Experience colleagues (wrt the subject matter) in da House your professional opinion will be highly appreciated.This na serious matter o!.Thanks

Y

Y

@ da Bishop Ossai, wat ever the case may be don't be scared, sorry not that i wish you bad, but even if one is HIV +ve he/she would just have it in record that there was a case of such ailment before u were employed. In order words the employer just wants to know the employees state of health before employing him/her just so that even if an employee falls ill they are sure that the person did not get the ailment while working for them, so don't try to alter your specimens, all the best
    I'm optimistic we'll all make it, by His Grace

Quote Originally Posted by yakmut
    @ da Bishop Ossai, wat ever the case may be don't be scared, sorry not that i wish you bad, but even if one is HIV +ve he/she would just have it in record that there was a case of such ailment before u were employed. In order words the employer just wants to know the employees state of health before employing him/her just so that even if an employee falls ill they are sure that the person did not get the ailment while working for them, so don't try to alter your specimens, all the best
    @yakmut:Hahahahahahahahahaaha...you are damn funny guy.What's the sorry for and why should I be feeling bad cos you mentioned HIV?Believe me,these info is beneficial to a lot of House members.We must crave for knowledge always cos ignorance is never an excuse.Thanks for your contributions but,we still need details!hahahahahahahahahaha
    Y

+ Reply