+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Topic: Marine engineering job for everyone who cares

Marine engineering job for everyone who cares

My beloved,

Am giving u all this information from genuine source if only u all can believe this.Many of us have laboured for long for a job due to the fact that we are engineering graduates of different disciplines.Well,it may interest u all to know that we can still diversify to some other discipline.

What am trying to let everyone know is that in portharcourt were am staying,i have studied this so called marine companies style of recruitments.You see for u to work in a marine company,there are certain papers/certificates u need to have like:

1. STCW 95
    2. INTERNATIONAL e-PASSPORT
    3. MEDICAL PAPER
    4. YELLOW CARD etc

I have been offered some marine jobs lately,but due to my not having the neccessary papers,i couldnt join the company.The pay is very very good compare to some oil companies.Please for those that would like to join marine crew,there are places in nigeria u can go for training.Places like:

1.MARITIME ACADEMY SCHOOL ORON
    2.CHARKIN MARINE SCHOOL RUST PORTHARCOURT

You can choose any of these schools for your training.Believe me marine jobs are paying well and also its risky,and one thing u must know in life is that all jobs are risky.

TRY IT AND SEE
    sam

Re: Marine engineering job for everyone who cares

Thank you sir may God bless you .

..nice one guy

Thanks Big Sam for the info. But I'd like to know the cost of embarking on any of the training required to obtain these qualifications.
    S

I concur wit wat Sammie said, I know a couple of these Marine Boys living in my area, d guys r doin well aftr jst a few yrs, see dem erecting structures here and ther (funny part is dt most hv jst SSCE), though d ones I knw got into these companies based on their Brother who is a CLO 2 one foreign firm.
    To get those papers Sammie talked about cld cost u approx 150k.
    @Sammie: U missed 1 out, dats "Seaman's Passprt".its diff frm Intl passport but nt dt expensive.

Thanks to papa Sam, May God continue to bless us all. but these trainings are only done in PH or any distance learning?

The training is also done in nigerian maritme academy, oron, akwa ibom state as sammy said. You can google their site for details. The issue is money but god will help us...

Aside from those two maritime academy, is there any other place(s) like in Lagos, where it's done? And how long does this training last? Is one issued all those certifications including seaman's passport after the training?

@Helex: The STCW is an offshore safety certification, so u can ask aboit it in any center dt does siuch. It lasts for 5 days, costs btw 60-70k. The other docs will be sourced by U. Though d training center u do ur stuff cld assist u based on ur rapport with dem. The Seaman Passport is done at Immgration office jst lik d Ntl Passport.

@Cipha: how much does all those documents plus certification cost? and give me some examples of centres that offer the training in Lagos if you know any.

@Helex: Like I said in my comment above about 150k cn cover all includin Intl Passport, medical cert etc. I dnt knw about Lagos centers cos I reside in PH, but do a little googling and u shld com up with somtin.

For training centres in lagos, u could get very good info 4rm NIMASA office somewhere arnd apapa, nt sure of d address.
    Buh, preferably, i'll advice u do the training either in ph or akwa ibom in d schools mentioned above.
    Stcw in charkin is 75k, oron is a little less.
    @cipha, u dnt longer need a seaman passport, d new int'l or e-passport covers that too. These are d basic requirements
    Stcw '95
    seaman medical cert
    int'l passport
    discharge booklet
    yellow card.

@dandoutch & cipha & sammy; I'm so happy getting all these info from people like u who are so enlightened bout marine engring requirements. It was actually sammy's info that spark that interest in me but what I'm not quite sure about, is if getting a job in a shipping/marine coy is easy? I'm a chem engr grad and really interested being a marine engr if the opporunities are available. To be specific, do you have an idea how long this training last in any of the above mentioned institutes?

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast